• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

NFL 2014-15 (Offseason / Draft / Regular Season)

We had a second straight stinker ... I don't know if heavy blitzing is the only way to harass the Cowboys, but it will be interesting to see how we adjust.

If we've lost Crawford and McClain for any amount of time, our defense will collapse.

Carr should be released. He's really average.
Scandrick is the most underrated CB in football imo.

Mountaineers lose to Longhorns. Auburn lose to A&M. Didnt see both of them coming.

Bama defeat LSU. Superb ending to the game.

TCU making a strong case for the national playoff berths now.

Melvin Gordon. He should be a Thursday pick. Like a cross between Jamaal Charles and a beer barrel.

Bo Pelini must be sick of Wisconsin. Time was, a team putting four bills on the Huskers would be a cause for shame, let alone a single bloke.

RBs haven't been frequent first round picks in the last few seasons, but Gordon will be in any discussion for first off the board next year, along with Gurley.

One more close call for FSU. Kansas gives TCU a scare.

ASU lose to Oregon State. Auburn gets mauled by Georgia.

Surprisingly Longhorns win.

About the best that can be said about TCU's win is that they came from behind to do it. But Kansas are woeful, so they did themselves some damage. Baylor win out, they'll be ranked above the Frogs.

Christ, I hate FSU. Hate everything about them. I'm hoping Muschamp manages to pull a farewell bunny out of his hat.

Miss St's defeat is interesting. It looks close on paper, but despite outgaining Bama they were never really in the game at all, and the final TD made the game look closer than it was. But you'd figure it was close enough that it still gives them a shot at the playoffs as a second SEC team (supposing Alabama win out) if some other teams lose. I mean, a one loss Miss St is better than a one lose Ohio State, surely? I dunno. I can see some last week mayhem in the way they decide the rankings. Oregon going past Florida State last week was well strange, and clearly put FSU on notice that any loss eliminates them. SEC champions Alabama go in for sure. Unbeaten FSU go in for sure. One loss Oregon go in for sure. And I believe the committee would take a one loss TCU/Baylor (if they both win out, then Baylor's last week win over Kansas St will secure the Big 12 and the playoff berth over TCU on the head-to-head) over a one loss Miss St.

Genuine hilarity would see a two loss Georgia beat Alabama in the SEC title game.

Tuesday is going to be interesting. Do Florida State go past the inactive Oregon into number one? Or does the close nature of their win not deserve that? Do Alabama jump straight into number one? Do Miss St stay above TCU/Baylor/OSU given that their single loss is "better" than anyone else's?

Also, anyone else getting the feeling the Longhorns might blow up TCU's season?

Maybe. I really did not expect the longhorns to defeat the Mountaineers and Cowboys and was pleasantly surprised at their performance. But TCU maybe a step too far though.

Shaun Hill outplayed Peyton Manning in St Louis.
Atlanta top of the Nfc South with a 4-6 record.
Crazy shit this regular.

I still can't decide if Famous Jameis is a myth or the real deal. He's Neymar of 4 years ago; a youtube favourite beating up on mostly inferior opposition. Until I see JJ Watts ready to eat his spleen I'm gonna hold full judgement.

Jonas Grey - where the hell did he come from.

@Ryan - I think the playoffs will give us an idea about whether Jameis is a myth or the real deal

Winston is too erratic for me, he makes a lot of minor errors at this stage which will be punished at the next level.

Every year a dozen new RBs burst onto the scene, and the next season half of them are getting cut. Part of the reason I'm increasingly falling out of love with the NFL, there is far too much roster turbulence to really get attached to a group of players.

Tomorrow's playoff rankings will be very interesting.

I don't think there's too much question about Winston being a good player. I mean, he's not Andrew Luck, and right now I'd take Mariotta over Winston, but he's a solid pro prospect. He's big, has phenomenal arm strength, decent although not exceptional accuracy, and is one of the best college QBs at making his reads. He's looked a little shaky against some of the more unusual blitz packages, but that's probably a result of playing in a fairly weak conference. His technique is a little sketchy, but we're not in Tebowland. He can arc a little wide, which coaches at the next level will work on, and there's the strange thing with his little finger, but I'm not sure what can be done about that.

The ACC competition point is fair. I mean, so far in his career he's only really had one really difficult opponent, which was Auburn in the title game last year. It was easily his least impressive performance, but he won, so I don't know how much we can beat him up for that. This year's FSU team is weaker than last year's, but he has dragged them out of first half hole again and again late in games. The biggest questions about him for me relate to the off-field shenanigans.

I think the playoffs will give us a better read on FSU as a whole, rather than Winston. If he has a bad game in the semi and they go out, I'm not sure we can read too much into it. He'd still go top ten in the draft. I really have my fingers crossed that the Jets pick him. Wouldn't that be fucking hilarious? I mean, he's blatantly a Jet at heart. I'm assuming that Al's ghost won't have enough influence to bring him to Oakland. Surely they'll give Carr another go and take Leonard Williams.

Every year a dozen new RBs burst onto the scene, and the next season half of them are getting cut. Part of the reason I'm increasingly falling out of love with the NFL, there is far too much roster turbulence to really get attached to a group of players.

I'd like to see some sort of expansion of practice rosters for skill players. Grey clearly benefited from the process in terms of getting eyeballs on him.

He also highlights the dilemma of drafting running backs. You look at Ingram and Richardson who haven't lived up to the hype, and think of people like Arian Foster, Ryan Grant, or Willie Parker, all of whom were undrafted FAs. Hell, Priest Holmes lost his starting place in college to Ricky Williams and ended up going undrafted. With rosters what they are, and the necessity for cover on the lines, there could be a better solution in expanding small contract practice squads.

A thought - if the Aggies beat LSU and UT stay 4th in the Big12, then the Texas bowl could be Texas-Texas A&M.

I'd like that quite a lot.

A thought - if the Aggies beat LSU and UT stay 4th in the Big12, then the Texas bowl could be Texas-Texas A&M.

I'd like that quite a lot.
I don't think we will beat LSU unless they don't show up at all. We're prone to hemorrhaging a long TD on any given play.

I knew the Steelers rated Bell highly but last night was the first game he really impressed me.
The performance especially in the fourth quarter was Walter-esque.
Massive future that kid.

I knew the Steelers rated Bell highly but last night was the first game he really impressed me.
The performance especially in the fourth quarter was Walter-esque.
Massive future that kid.
Don't worry, he'll be irrelevant in 2-3 years.

Back
Top Bottom