• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

NFL - Offseason, Draft & 2017/18 Season

It's going to make a great movie.
2fd64f1fa251801ed47067b318045482.jpg

NFL DRAFT TONIGHT BABY!!! :)

Garrett should be 1
Browns will also get Trubisky - @ 12, or through trade up.
Interesting to see where the two safeties (hooker and adams) go ...
Which RB will go 1st? Fournette, or McCaffrey?
Will Conley be drafted after the rape allegation? He was a 1st rounder without the crap.

Still harbouring hopes for an 11th hour trade for Jimmy G for #1 pick and Butler trade for high pick so we can nab Garrett and McCaffrey in round 1.

Get the other McCourtey twin as a CB/SS in free agency and boom.

Won't happen though. Obvs.

Draft don't start until round 3. Any fule knows that.

Nope ... It starts in Round 1 actually :D

Still harbouring hopes for an 11th hour trade for Jimmy G for #1 pick and Butler trade for high pick so we can nab Garrett and McCaffrey in round 1.

Get the other McCourtey twin as a CB/SS in free agency and boom.

Won't happen though. Obvs.

Garrett is going 1 - you're not getting #1, no chance whatsoever.
Butler won't leave this year - no team will give them a #1 for him (I think teams are starting to get how when the Pats trade their players, they almost always never perform to the level they're at with the Pats ... if they aim for #2 though, someone will bite).
Jimmy G is insurance policy ... Every story I've read says they refuse to let him go.

Jimmy G isn't getting traded according to Schefter. Plenty of people have said it all along.

Is Trubisky even the best QB in this draft ?

Jimmy G isn't getting traded according to Schefter. Plenty of people have said it all along.

Is Trubisky even the best QB in this draft ?

Based on what I've read, most people think Watson is a 2nd-3rd round talent, Trubisky late 1st round and Mahomes with the most upside.

Some others think Watson is the best pick at QB since Trubiskey hasn't done enough at college level to warrant the hype.

Some others think Watson is the best pick at QB since Trubiskey hasn't done enough at college level to warrant the hype.

Yah Watson has had a far better college career, but people are worried about his INTs and arm in general.

As with all draft picks, time will tell ... but i LOVE this time period ... Almost tempted to wake up at 3am and follow this! ;)

Kizer is also being touted as a 2nd round prospect with more potential than Watson.
By himself maybe.

The intellect of Tom Brady and the body of Cam Newton .....

I've never seen him play but he sounds a bit full of himself, especially in light of:
  • Had a chance to either tie or win the game with the ball in his hand in six games this season and failed to convert.

By himself maybe.

The intellect of Tom Brady and the body of Cam Newton .....

I've never seen him play but he sounds a bit full of himself, especially in light of:
  • Had a chance to either tie or win the game with the ball in his hand in six games this season and failed to convert.

All great QBs are full of themselves ... :) You need to cocky to be the most important player on a team.

Yeah but you need to win more than four games to be taken seriously

I don't think Notre Dame were that good a team this year - last year, when surrounded by a better team, he performed better.
You put him in Clemson or 'Bama, he'd have been better ...

The rumors are he lands in Pittsburgh (1st round) right now as Big Ben's heir apparent.

Nope ... It starts in Round 1 actually :D

Garrett is going 1 - you're not getting #1, no chance whatsoever.
Butler won't leave this year - no team will give them a #1 for him (I think teams are starting to get how when the Pats trade their players, they almost always never perform to the level they're at with the Pats ... if they aim for #2 though, someone will bite).
Jimmy G is insurance policy ... Every story I've read says they refuse to let him go.
I know this. But I can hope and dream right? Thing is, even if teams wanted Jimmy or Butler, they won't bite as they know a round 1 pick this year will make us even more of a favourite.

I know this. But I can hope and dream right? Thing is, even if teams wanted Jimmy or Butler, they won't bite as they know a round 1 pick this year will make us even more of a favourite.

You guys are a clear favorite already - though if Oakland draft a few good players for their D, they may just have a shot ...

The Bears .....

Draft - Round 1

Browns got yet another round 1 pick next year. In that trade up with texans. In 2020 they could have quite the team.

The interesting bits for me:

Malik Hooker was touted as high as no.2 if SF couldn't trade back. He went 15 to the Colts.

Mahomes to the Chiefs - i think all QB's wenr earlier than expected but this one in particular is interesting.

The Bears .... so they traded up one spot at an expensive cost to get a player SF weren't taking. What competing offers were there ?
Why sign Glennon if this was the plan?

Why did it take a baseball GM to go to the Browns before they started making smart decisions ?

FUCK ME -
  • The Bears are fucking idiots ... They just paid BIG money to Glennon to be their starting CB and then gave away picks to get Trubisky? Idiots.
  • 49ers - A+ draft so far ... Solomon and Foster? Nice.
  • Titans picked Corey Davis at 5!??!!? They could have had him at 15-20 ... What a fucking reach.
  • John Ross @ 9 is a stretch too IMO - especially when you had Jonathan Allen (despite his shoulders), Malik Hooker etc available!
  • Mahomes @ 10 ... Wow, fucking WOW ... I mean, I thought they'd get him at 27 but they wanted the lad ... Sits for a year and then take off (I bet they take Sidney Jones in the 3rd if Reid has that much job security)
  • Watson @ 12 ... Another Wow, fucking WOW ... they could had had him later too.
  • Reddick @ 13 - one of the best stories in the draft ... But a bit surprised they didn't go for Foster
  • Hooker @ 15? Steal
  • Allen @ 17? Steal (FUCK!)
  • OJ @ 19? STEAL! Potential to be as good as Gronk.
  • Giants reached on Engram but besides having no OL, Beckham, Sheppard, Marshall and Engram? WOW ... Pick a good RB in the 2nd and that is a SCARY fucking O
  • Browns with a freaky TE project, one stud DE & a penknife of a DB? Good draft too.
  • Not sure what to think of the Cowboys pick ...

Fuck me. We were clearly huffing glue all day before that sorry shitshow.

What the fuck are the Bears thinking? Doesn't 2018 have a few stud QBs coming out too?

To move up to 2nd you give up what?!?!? The 49ers were going to select Thomas there anyways ...

Absolutely fucking insane.

Sorry man - fucking Browns like-drafting.

Whats you take on Taco Tuesday then? @LeTallecWiz

What I've read so far seems promising. I actually thought they might move for Conley after all the talk about him dropping down a few spots, but he was picked at 24th.

Whats you take on Taco Tuesday then? @LeTallecWiz

What I've read so far seems promising. I actually thought they might move for Conley after all the talk about him dropping down a few spots, but he was picked at 24th.

Honestly, a bit worried.
A player who was never double teamed in HS or College - i.e. not a dominant 'scary' player.
Very long player, 6'6" and great engine/character.
Marnelli & Lett can probably do a lot with him.
Dane Brugler from CBS says he looks at him as potentially being like Tuck (ex-NYG DL). If that's the case, I'm stoked.
I was hoping for Kevin King (CB)

What the fuck are the Bears thinking? Doesn't 2018 have a few stud QBs coming out too?

To move up to 2nd you give up what?!?!? The 49ers were going to select Thomas there anyways ...

Absolutely fucking insane.

Sorry man - fucking Browns like-drafting.

That's an outrageous slur on the Browns.

I can only assume they thought 49ers were going to trade anyway, and didn't want anyone else jumping in. But the whole decision was insane. No QB in this draft was worth trading for, and we'd already handed over a king's ransom to Glennon for no particular reason. Presumably they'd been drinking so hard since that spot of idiocy that they'd forgotten they'd done it. Or wanted to one-up it in the stupid stakes. I mean, we have no type of team whatsoever. We need players EVERYWHERE. And there were loads of good picks sitting there. And we just spectacularly shit the sheets instead. What do I know? Picking QBs is like divining for water with morning glory. Maybe he turns out to be a player. Maybe he busts. Either way, Pace has tied his own future to the decision.

Darnold is the '18 stud, I suppose. We'll have to see how Rosen does after surgery. Rudolph will probably be looked at with rosier eyes by the pros than he is at 1A. Josh Allen will be next year's Wentz. But waiting around never makes much sense. I just don't understand the cost of Glennon and then doing this. I half-understand the cost of Glennon if you thought you were getting a reliable pro for a few years whilst you work on the D or the O-line. But paying him starter money and then taking a two-overall QB?

Still. Bears drafts have been boring as fuck recently. Now it's the season of madness. WOOOO!

How did the steelers do please those in the know? Any first team picks for this year?
Did we plug the gaps with quality? Any gems in there?
I dont watch collgiate football so dont have a frigging clue.

Back
Top Bottom