• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

NFL - Offseason, Draft & 2017/18 Season

Hill, Hunt and Smith looked good. Or was it a case of how bad our defence is? Any Pat fan will tell you, we have a soft belly. And losing our best LB in the 3rd quarter exposed us badly. Marsh i have a big question mark over.

One positive, at least it ends talk of perfect season here and now.

Gillisee looked more Bell and Freeman than Blount, which is another positive.

Gotta give huge credit to Hunt though. 1st NFL carry... Fumbled. Many rookies would crumble. He went on to have a monster night both running and receiving.

The Chiefs also did something I saw with the Boys a lot last year - which worked a lot (not always obviously) - against the likes of Rodgers etc.

Rushed with 3, and dropped 8 into coverage.

No matter how good you are, that will cause problems as there's just less opportunities. Doesn't always work as I say above but it gives your team a chance against such devastating short-medium range passing attacks.

As Liverpool got hammered, it is most likely written in the stars my weekend will be completely ruined by the Cowboys ...

As Liverpool got hammered, it is most likely written in the stars my weekend will be completely ruined by the Cowboys ...
Dude, I've already taken that hit for you. Pats smashed by Chiefs followed by that.. That.. Game yesterday.

Still, I take solice from the 3 times we have lost a season opener before, we went on to win the superbowl.

#Omens

Dude, I've already taken that hit for you. Pats smashed by Chiefs followed by that.. That.. Game yesterday.

Still, I take solice from the 3 times we have lost a season opener before, we went on to win the superbowl.

#Omens

Like for your willingness to be with me after tonight's result - #brotherhood

Not for that #omen shit though ... we need some parity! ;)

A bit of both probably.

I watched parts of the Steelers game and the Packers game last night.
Kizer might be good - he had some nice moments in the game.
TJ Watt can play.

Packers v. Seahawks was pretty shit, neither offence could really get going. Rodgers threw a beauty to Nelson for a TD whilst taking advantage of the Seahawks trying to make a sub during the huddle.

The Seahawks OL is dreadful. I reckon i could have gotten to Russell Wilson last night

Yah i watched 1st half of Steelers-Browns. Was telling my bro that if I was following another team, it would be the Browns. They have potential - played really well.
TJ Watt looks good ... I just hope he doesn't become that good that the Cowboys regret picking Taco while he was on the board!

Hawks will win a few games because of their D and Wilson's brilliance but it seems their run may be over - you cannot win with one poor line, you need two good ones and their OLine is horrific.

Yah i watched 1st half of Steelers-Browns. Was telling my bro that if I was following another team, it would be the Browns. They have potential - played really well.
TJ Watt looks good ... I just hope he doesn't become that good that the Cowboys regret picking Taco while he was on the board!

Hawks will win a few games because of their D and Wilson's brilliance but it seems their run may be over - you cannot win with one poor line, you need two good ones and their OLine is horrific.
I thought we were poor and disjointed. It took a world class second half from Antonio to pull us through.
Browns did a great job shutting Bell down almost completely, but I was disappointed in that continued insistence from Ben throwing short wideouts. It was only when we started testing that deep secondary that we saw some traction.

Happy with the o-line and really fucking happy with that pass rush.
I'll take the win, expected a bigger show of strength to start the year.

Just finished watching - not sure if they're good or Eli is washed up.

Thought we were quite decent. Wasnt tested much in defense so not sure what to make of it yet. But great to finally see Jaylon Smith in action and Lee is a star.
Our secondary looked okay but to early to tell. Guess we'll know a bit more next Monday after having played the Broncos away.

Dalvin Cook was legit last night. And that Vikes o-line gave Bradford everything he wanted.

legit is an understatement! Looked good.
Fournette looked ok too.

It's rare to see rookie RBs start well (see Zeke last year for example) but these two are good.

Cook looked like he'd been playing Sun(Mon)day ball for years. Equally happy to bust one off right up the middle on the inside or break off thirty on the outside.

Good to see the Saints giving AP a best-seat-in-the-house season ticket. He had a great view of the action.

So it took the NFL over a year to study the case on Zeke ... and now within a week they're urgently trying to get his 6 game ban upheld.
This seems so odd ... Something is up ...

[article]Can’t imagine the courts will give the NFL an emergency stay of the temporary injunction pending appeal, which would mean letting Ezekiel Elliott’s suspension begin, especially after reading this from Judge Amos Mazzant’s ruling last Friday: “Luckily the NFLPA found the fairness needle in the unfairness haystack when (arbitrator Harold) Henderson ordered (Kia) Roberts to testify.” Or how about this from the Judge: “Fundamental unfairness is present throughout the entire arbitration process. Due to such fundamental unfairness, the court’s intervention is justified.”[/article]

This was what the Brady appeal was about as well , but this looks like a better case for players

That was proper Bears football though. Two backs punching holes in the line all day long. Only let the throwy cunt get in on it near the goal line when the defence is too worried about the run to pick up the tight end.

Marcus Cooper though. I'd sack him for that bullshit. Just cut him.

Hahaha dumb ass.

On the plus side the Ravens got twatted and looked awful.
Chalk this one up to experience

3 games in and only the Falcons and the chiefs with 100% records. That's amazing.
And the Falcons only came in because Detroit bottled it and then a weird call at the end.
How many chances did Stafford want to punch it in? What was it about 11 throws in the last 30 yards and they couldn't get the job done.

Gutted about the Patriots sneaking home. Fuckers. Hell of a throw and catch to win it though.

Really fun week. Defeat aside.

Oh and what the fuck has happened to Phil Rivers?! I know he doesn't have much around him but three picks in four drives.
Weak as fuck

3 games in and only the Falcons and the chiefs with 100% records. That's amazing.
And the Falcons only came in because Detroit bottled it and then a weird call at the end.
How many chances did Stafford want to punch it in? What was it about 11 throws in the last 30 yards and they couldn't get the job done.

Gutted about the Patriots sneaking home. Fuckers. Hell of a throw and catch to win it though.

Really fun week. Defeat aside.
Bears... Pah ha ha ha ha. Even with that Cooper celebrating bullshit. Ooops.

In all seriousness, can't believe that call on Tate for the Lions. Looked to me like he broke the plane.

Patriots LB looks piss poor. We need a trade, Brady won't be punching 5TDs every week.

Giants 0-3, I didn't expect that. Or Seahawks being 1-2. I seriously thought Sherman should have been ejected last night. Yes it was a shit pass interference call, but he lost control. The official bottled it, should have been another 15 yards at least.

Back
Top Bottom