• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

NFL Regular Season Thread

Adam Schefter
Cowboys acquire WR Williams from Detroit
Posted: October 14th, 2008 | Adam Schefter | Tags: Dallas Cowboys, Roy Williams

The Lions have traded WR Roy Williams to the Cowboys for a first, third and sixth round pick. The Cowboys also receive a seventh-round pick from the Lions in 2009.

That'll do I guess. Sad to see him go though, quality when on form. I'd rather have Calvin Johnson though.

[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=26841.msg698178#msg698178 date=1224016867]
Adam Schefter
Cowboys acquire WR Williams from Detroit
Posted: October 14th, 2008 | Adam Schefter | Tags: Dallas Cowboys, Roy Williams

The Lions have traded WR Roy Williams to the Cowboys for a first, third and sixth round pick. The Cowboys also receive a seventh-round pick from the Lions in 2009.

That'll do I guess. Sad to see him go though, quality when on form. I'd rather have Calvin Johnson though.
[/quote]

WOW - that's a lot of picks to give up, even if it's a player of his talent. I hope there's a good post about this at the end of the season - 'what a pick up, rejuvenated the team and gave us that second WR we've been lacking since the days of Alvin Harper. what a brilliant move by Jerry'

The more I think about it, this is a great move. No way was he resigning with Detroit at the end of the season.

Now Detroit will have probably number 1 pick overall, another first rounder, plus top second and third round picks along with a low third..

And no Millen to fuck them up!

Edit: Dallas have paid over the odds for this one I reckon.

[quote author=LeTallecWiz link=topic=26841.msg698058#msg698058 date=1224011101]
[quote author=Whaddapie link=topic=26841.msg697433#msg697433 date=1223922652]
Uh-Oh...

Oh well, Avy - There's always next year.
[/quote]

It would be foolish to write them off this year - if the Giants won the super bowl last year when they streaked it at the end, any team can ... So hope isn't gone, just blind optimism.

Giants bubble blown ... finally.
[/quote]

Not writing them off, mate - They'll still be around when the playoffs come around again.

But they lost a bunch of players today, not least of which is the game's best punter - that will hurt a lot, amigo - so their options are far more limited now, with a new QB behind a demoralized line and without your 1A RB...

Still, they should win 2 of the next 4 before Tony's back.

Good trade today, but their secondary is now, officially, decimated.

hey - if the boys can't rally now behind whoever (be it Romo or the Oline), we don't deserve to go far this season ... this team is good enough to win with Brad Johnson for 4 games, or without Felix for 4 etc ... Injuries will hurt us but better now than when it counts.

SG67 - we have paid over the odds but Roy Williams can be a fantastic asset to this team. He's good enough to catch difficult balls and with Owens & Witten taking pressure of him, he's bound to have more room to cause havoc ... I hope the 'price is right'

Roy Williams debuts tomorrow lads - and the shittier namesake returns. Even I'm excited by it.

I think that Romo's silly if he tries to come back too soon. It's early, they're good, and they'll need him later on this season...

The offensive Roy is a lifelong Cowboys fan, and it the mercenary world of professional sports, I have actually enjoyed listening to him talk this week... The excitement and joy in his voice about getting to play for his team is fantastic - I'm sure I'd sound the same if LFC ever came in for me (still prays for that EVERY single night!)

The defensive Roy will solidify the run defense, but they have ENORMOUS holes in the secondary now. It will be interesting when they play a good team - They really couldn't have picked a better opponent this week, considering, could they?

And Jerry Jones lost any respect I had for him this week over the Pacman incident - No class what-so-ever... It's no wonder people hate him and this team (I don't, but I understand it).

[quote author=Whaddapie link=topic=26841.msg701326#msg701326 date=1224362261]And Jerry Jones lost any respect I had for him this week over the Pacman incident - No class what-so-ever... It's no wonder people hate him and this team (I don't, but I understand it).
[/quote]

What happened? I know what happened to Pacman, but what did Jerry Jones do?

[quote author=Whaddapie link=topic=26841.msg701326#msg701326 date=1224362261]
I think that Romo's silly if he tries to come back too soon. It's early, they're good, and they'll need him later on this season...

The offensive Roy is a lifelong Cowboys fan, and it the mercenary world of professional sports, I have actually enjoyed listening to him talk this week... The excitement and joy in his voice about getting to play for his team is fantastic - I'm sure I'd sound the same if LFC ever came in for me (still prays for that EVERY single night!)

[/quote]

I don't think Romo should come back either ...

Yah, it's great to see a player play for his boyhood team ... I honestly think he can be one of the best WRs in football. No one has ever doubted this kid's talent, so let's hope the new environment + less focus from defensive units due to TO, Witten & the Barbarian will let him blossom ...

fucking ay - cowboys have started terribly ... hopefully, brad johnson can actually remember how to play the game ...

down 24-7 at HT to the Rams isn't that bad I guess. Brad Johnson going 5/17 isn't that bad I guess. Hoping for Romo to play so we can actually score a TD is bad I think.

Ain't going to matter shit if we can't stop the run.

Fuck off Wade and take that buffoon Brian Stewart with you. Come back Zimmer all is forgiven.

i just wonder how the Cowboys coaching staff plans to fix this ... since the Packer game, we've been a shadow of the team that just looked 'primed' for the Super Bowl ... Something happened, and I just hope the team can re-discover their confidence and ability before we blow away any chance at the division.

The problem is a lack of discipline.

Whilst I don't want a Parcells constantly yelling at the players, Im getting pretty sick of this "don't worry the mistakes are on me" attitude of Phillips.

Are the lions playing this season? No wins I see .... :)

He wasn't gonna get much opportunities this game - so to see 0 is almost expected, especially when TO hasn't got 2 yet.

[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=26841.msg702166#msg702166 date=1224445528]
I was being serious! I didn't know if he was playing or not.

Anyway, it's about time someone went 0-16.
[/quote]

how about the first 3-0 team to go 4-12?

i was worried after the Eagles game (unlike your comments of watching two of the best teams) ... i just have no idea what's wrong and short of firing the head coach, i cannot see any solutions.

Colt McCoy would like to thank God for helping him play.

I swear if I hear that little cunt say that one more time, I'll throw my plasma out the window.

[quote author=LeTallecWiz link=topic=26841.msg702415#msg702415 date=1224470662]
a lot of players say that dude, as do entertainers when they win their oscar or mtv moon man ... ha ha ...
[/quote]

He's the archetypal All-American boy too mate.

I fucking hate the little cunt.

[quote author=Whaddapie link=topic=26841.msg702371#msg702371 date=1224461044]
Avy.

What the f#$! happened mate?

Worried yet?
[/quote]

man dude, it's gonna be a tough non'footy sports year for me

NFL - Cowboys can best hope for a 10-6 season I think, more realistically 7-9
NBA - Mavericks ... As long as Josh Howard keeps his mouth shut, the season will be ok because I expect a 40-42 win season and another 1st round playoff loss ... Gone are the days of 'we can win it this year'
NHL - Stars ... Miserable start to the season ... And we don't have enough firepower to beat the Wings
MLB - HOping for a 0.500 season says it all with the Rangers, no?

[quote author=Ryan link=topic=26841.msg702414#msg702414 date=1224470380]

I swear if I hear that little cunt say that one more time, I'll throw my plasma out the window.
[/quote]

ha ha Ryan - I just realized you're talking about COLLEGE FOOTBALL and not the pros ... I had no fucking idea who this guy was

QB

[quote author=LeTallecWiz link=topic=26841.msg706595#msg706595 date=1224963689]
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=26841.msg702414#msg702414 date=1224470380]

[/quote]

ha ha Ryan - I just realized you're talking about COLLEGE FOOTBALL and not the pros ... I had no fucking idea who this guy was
[/quote]

come on Vramico, he's the leader in the heisman race and you don't know about College QB personified Colt McCoy.

Also, Giants have a huge game tomorrow against the Steelers, the winner can easily be considered the best team in the NFL but with Parker not playing at all and their O-line shambolic I'll predict a nice win for the Giants on the back of Kiwanuka, Tuck, and Robbins

The Titans are for Real, they run the ball amazingly well and have an amazing thunder and lightening pair. Their defense is so impressive. Cortland Finnegan has been one of my favorite Fantasy Draft picks of the year. Kerry Collins my ex-Giant is being told to manage the game and hand it off. He can get them to the Super Bowl if he did it for us. This game against the Colts is huge for them because the Colts need a win. A nice murdering of the Colts and the Titans can have a slow easy run into the playoffs, but I wouldn't have faith in Collins in a tight playoff game.

Cowboys are a mess because they are the most disfunctional locker room and team around. Its the way Texans do football, anything for talent and its becoming clear that in the NFL you need more than that, the attitude and brain are more important. Bellicheat proved that, he got his versatile smart players and destroyed records.

Re: QB

[quote author=Assulin link=topic=26841.msg706651#msg706651 date=1224973926]
Cowboys are a mess because they are the most disfunctional locker room and team around.
[/quote]

You obviously don't follow football much but their injury list contributes more to their problems now than anything else.

And I don't follow college football, I'm not interested in it until draft time.

Back
Top Bottom