• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Other CL games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bayern won the game in the 2nd half, but seems like Mane was pretty diabolical playing on the LW (wonder if Nagelsman ever watched us, judging by his comment). For all the hand-wringing of how much we miss Mane, the truth is that Mane’s effectiveness as a winger was severely on the wane last year already - the player we miss is Mane of 3+ years ago.

Now that Potter is off the list, Ruben Amorim is one worth keeping an eye on. Spur's 1st defeat since 16 April.

Yeah, Amorim might be the next big thing out of Portugal - only a matter of time before he gets a bigger job.

Yeah, Amorim might be the next big thing out of Portugal - only a matter of time before he gets a bigger job.

Looking like a very smart investment from Sporting to pay Braga €10m to hire him, despite having only 2 months of top-flight managerial experience.

Looking like a very smart investment from Sporting to pay Braga €10m to hire him, despite having only 2 months of top-flight managerial experience.

I find it nuts how little is paid for a good/top manager compared to virtually any good PL/CL player. They have almost total control of the club and style of play / use of the players but in comparison cost nothing and are paid little (again in comparison) and may have a longer shelf-life. It's downright weird, I'd happily have paid £50m for Klopp (of course an element of retrospective but at the time he was already a top manager and a natural fit), wouldn't you? A gamble of course but then so is every player.

I find it nuts how little is paid for a good/top manager compared to virtually any good PL/CL player. They have almost total control of the club and style of play / use of the players but in comparison cost nothing and are paid little (again in comparison) and may have a longer shelf-life. It's downright weird, I'd happily have paid £50m for Klopp (of course an element of retrospective but at the time he was already a top manager and a natural fit), wouldn't you? A gamble of course but then so is every player.
I like it, and if it isn't working out, you send them to manage the reserves and wait for someone to come in with a bid for him.

I’m more shocked that Sporting could survive after selling the best midfielder ever to play football to Wolves just to break @moron

I like it, and if it isn't working out, you send them to manage the reserves and wait for someone to come in with a bid for him.

Or send him out on loan to manage another team for a season.

Don’t tell Chelsea or they’ll have 16 managers signed up and out on loan all over the place.

Amourim for sure 1 of the best up and coming managers in the game, hard to predict where he could up end up next.

Took over a Sporting side who had drifted miles away from the big 2 and immediately won the league and went on to have another exceptional season last & they've carried that into the start of this despite losing Palhinha Nunes and few others,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom