• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

UEFA - Dictatorship - Here we go again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nomad

Very Well-Known
UEFA not learning from the mistakes of the past. Just when there's a threat like no other on the horizon in the Super League, does the men in power give an open goal to those who want it.

Genuine question, how does this open the door for the Super League? It's clear UEFA needs reform, but there's only so much they can do to prevent a breakaway. If clubs do not want to enter their competitions then they have that right. The only prevention is if national governments put in restrictive legislation to prevent it from happening.

Anyway, my gut feeling is there's nowhere near enough interested clubs left to make the project viable. It's going to look like the Europa Conference with Madrid, Barca and Napoli thrown in the mix. Who's watching that?

It demonstrates that UEFA is just a closed door, all about maximising revenues for themselves rather than driving positive changes throughout the pyramid.

That was pretty much the #1 point for all clubs that were interested in the project in the first place. That UEFA weren't interested in change.

This is another example of that.

It demonstrates that UEFA is just a closed door, all about maximising revenues for themselves rather than driving positive changes throughout the pyramid.

That was pretty much the #1 point for all clubs that were interested in the project in the first place. That UEFA weren't interested in change.

This is another example of that.

Fair, but I'd suggest plenty of the clubs were following the herd and thought there was a tidal shift in the game. It's hard to see how that can be pressure can be re-instigated when the vast majority of clubs are no longer interested, and I cannot see the ones who are being influential enough to drive it. The clubs will have rejected it will also see some increased revenues from the new format, which will placate a few.

For me it's dead for at least another decade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom