• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match Other Games 30th to 1st February

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frogfish

Gone to Redcafe
Highlighted games on TNT in the UK

Tuesday 30th
19:30 Nottingham Forest vs Arsenal 1-2
19:45 Fulham vs Everton 1-0
19:45 Luton Town vs Brighton and Hove Albion 2-1
20:00 Crystal Palace vs Sheffield United 1-1
20:15 Aston Villa vs Newcastle United 2-0

Wednesday 31st

19:30 Manchester City vs Burnley 4-0
19:30 Tottenham Hotspur vs Brentford 1-1
20:15 Liverpool vs Chelsea 2-1

Thursday 1st February

19:30 West Ham vs Bournemouth 1-2
20:15 Wolves vs Manchester United 2-1

Last edited:
deeV6 - I got criticised, a month or two back, for including our matches in "Other match" threads, so I took my ball home and now refuse to share my insightful score predictions.
Damn right. But that was you and this is me. The trick is not to give a fuck about what anyone else says :ROFLMAO: ;)

Tuesday 30th
19:30 Nottingham Forest vs Arsenal 1-2
19:45 Luton Town vs Brighton and Hove Albion 2-1
20:15 Aston Villa vs Newcastle United 2-0

Wednesday 31st

19:30 Manchester City vs Burnley 4-0
19:30 Tottenham Hotspur vs Brentford 1-1
20:15 Liverpool vs Chelsea 2-1

Thursday 1st February

19:30 West Ham vs Bournemouth
20:15 Wolves vs Manchester United

Normally I'd bet on Forest getting a point, but they've lost too many players to the AFCON and they also have a few injuries.

I think Brighton will win.
Spurs win
Hammers win
Wolves win

Normally I'd bet on Forest getting a point, but they've lost too many players to the AFCON and they also have a few injuries.

I think Brighton will win.
Spurs win
Hammers win
Wolves win
Spurs match is interesting (this from Jones on Sky):

Tottenham's style of football makes them very watchable but, from a betting standpoint, they are not a team I like carrying my money such is their vulnerability to being counter-attacked.

Burnley, Bournemouth, Brighton and Everton managed to create a total expected goal output of 8.2 - that is an average of 2.05 per 90 - in recent meetings. Spurs were fortunate to come out of that run of games with three victories.

A look at the underlying numbers does paint the picture of overperformance this season. Spurs have conceded 143 corners - only Sheffield United have conceded more - while the 208 shots conceded from inside the box is a worrying sign as only Burnley, West Ham, Sheffield United and Luton have shipped more. The underlying expected goals against figure is not pretty either having conceded 36.37 expected goals against this season - it is the same as Burnley and the joint-16th worst record in the league.

And while the return to fitness of Cristian Romero and Micky van de Ven is an obvious boost, Tottenham remain far too short in the market at 4/7 with Sky Bet for this tricky encounter.

deeV6 - I got criticised, a month or two back, for including our matches in "Other match" threads, so I took my ball home and now refuse to share my insightful score predictions.
Too right - was very tempted to redact our game from froggy's list but had to settle for an OCD-soothing italicising

Tuesday 30th
19:30 Nottingham Forest vs Arsenal 0-4
19:45 Fulham vs Everton 2-0
19:45 Luton Town vs Brighton and Hove Albion 1-3
20:15 Aston Villa vs Newcastle United 2-3

Wednesday 31st

19:30 Manchester City vs Burnley 8-0
19:30 Tottenham Hotspur vs Brentford 0-1
20:15 Liverpool vs Chelsea

Thursday 1st February
19:30 West Ham vs Bournemouth 2-2
20:15 Wolves vs Manchester United 8-0

Last edited:
Spurs match is interesting (this from Jones on Sky):

Tottenham's style of football makes them very watchable but, from a betting standpoint, they are not a team I like carrying my money such is their vulnerability to being counter-attacked.

Burnley, Bournemouth, Brighton and Everton managed to create a total expected goal output of 8.2 - that is an average of 2.05 per 90 - in recent meetings. Spurs were fortunate to come out of that run of games with three victories.

A look at the underlying numbers does paint the picture of overperformance this season. Spurs have conceded 143 corners - only Sheffield United have conceded more - while the 208 shots conceded from inside the box is a worrying sign as only Burnley, West Ham, Sheffield United and Luton have shipped more. The underlying expected goals against figure is not pretty either having conceded 36.37 expected goals against this season - it is the same as Burnley and the joint-16th worst record in the league.

And while the return to fitness of Cristian Romero and Micky van de Ven is an obvious boost, Tottenham remain far too short in the market at 4/7 with Sky Bet for this tricky encounter.
Aye, Big Flange seems relentlessly naive to me and a little too enamoured with an image of himself as a manager to change. Brentford’s style is ideal to counter attack the ridiculous high line he’s persisting with so an away win is likely overpriced.

Aye, Big Flange seems relentlessly naive to me and a little too enamoured with an image of himself as a manager to change. Brentford’s style is ideal to counter attack the ridiculous high line he’s persisting with so an away win is likely overpriced.
What price a Toney goal.

Damn right. But that was you and this is me. The trick is not to give a fuck about what anyone else says :ROFLMAO: ;)
OK - I'll play :

Tuesday 30th
19:30 Nottingham Forest vs Arsenal 1-0
19:45 Luton Town vs Brighton and Hove Albion 0-0
20:00 Crystal Palace vs Sheffield United 0-0
20:15 Aston Villa vs Newcastle United 0-0

Wednesday 31st

19:30 Manchester City vs Burnley 0-1
19:30 Tottenham Hotspur vs Brentford 0-1
20:15 Liverpool vs Chelsea 9-0

Thursday 1st February

19:30 West Ham vs Bournemouth 0-0
20:15 Wolves vs Manchester United 1-0

The optimist in me says Kompany will want to put in a good performance against City, but they will fold no doubt. And I can't imagine he'll be allowing any dirty tackles either.

De Zerbi seems very naive at times with how he sets his teams up.
Really dont want him as our manager
Yeah, that's a concern - though he has had to tinker with the defence due to players availability issue too.

Went 23 league matches without a clean sheet before the match vs. West Ham at the turn of the year. Then, there's the thrashings dished out by Everton, Newcastle and Aston Villa over the past year.

7c286946b14b7ad2a99d7793cc848419.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom