• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pay him what he wants!

Status
Not open for further replies.
His dribbling for the Gakpo goal was the old Salah.
Maybe him cutting in every single time for the last year or so was to make that faint work against United!
Hope he's really back. His work rate was also great.

Yup, that was what he's been missing for a while now - the ability to glide past 1-2 players ... because that opens everything up for him (great pass to Gakpo too).
ANd good point re: work rate - a few times he really busted a gut to come back *though* I think in general, he's not been given credit here because it was being compared to Mane who's just on another level in this regard for a LWF.

Still find it crazy how little protection he gets from the refs. He gets clattered every game and they just continue to brush it off as if they're dealing with Ronaldo in his diving prime

I struggle to find a 'sane' explanation for this ... someone mentioned "Maybe because he smiles afterward in disbelief" - I mean that's the most sane thing I can go with but it borders on the insane how little protect he gets considering his standing in the game.

Reactions: jan
You 'hate' Mo?

Mo the person I don’t hate. I don’t know him. Mo Salah the Liverpool footballer I hate. The same way I hate mushrooms, James Cordon and U2. That is down to how he treated the club absolute distain through his agent. A year of crap performances. Someone who was asking for absolute top dollar and giving bargain displays. My expectation of someone earning that money and having such stature at the club is much higher than others it seems.

I hate the way he constantly misses that cut in on his left and try to put it in the top corner. I hate that he doesn’t beat players anymore (before yesterday and let’s see how he does next game).

I hate those who just keep saying goals and assists and blah blah blah without realising his overall displays have declined. Ronaldo scored loads to the detriment of the whole team. Haaland scores loads but has he improved City? Arguably not.

I hate the way the club has invested so much into a player that will more likely than not deteriorate into a shadow of the one that smashed records whilst still taking £350k a week.

This discussion or thread also shows that certain sections of our fans cant even enjoy his performance yesterday.
Says it all really when you've picked a corner and staying in it.

I wasn’t the one to straight away post PAY HIM WHAT HE WANTS

Had we decided to have a sensible conversation about it I’d happily say it was much improved. But now I’m going the other way.

His defensive side improved but only became an attacking threat when the opposition capitulated. Even our second goal came from him doing his new trademark of kicking it at the defender. Luckily Elliott was there to put it on a plate for the donkey.

Still find it crazy how little protection he gets from the refs. He gets clattered every game and they just continue to brush it off as if they're dealing with Ronaldo in his diving prime

This is mad.

I struggle to find a 'sane' explanation for this ... someone mentioned "Maybe because he smiles afterward in disbelief" - I mean that's the most sane thing I can go with but it borders on the insane how little protect he gets considering his standing in the game.

I think you're overcomplicating this, Wizzy. IMO it's because of his reputation as a player who goes down too easily. It shouldn't be happening, because (a) officials should make decisions on what they actually see and (b) Mo doesn't do it any more often than plenty of other forward players, but that's the reason why.

I think you're overcomplicating this, Wizzy. IMO it's because of his reputation as a player who goes down too easily. It shouldn't be happening, because (a) officials should make decisions on what they actually see and (b) Mo doesn't do it any more often than plenty of other forward players, but that's the reason why.
Wasn’t he easy to go down I’m his first season for us but then decided to stay on his feet because he was getting nothing?

Unfortunately that's not going to prevent referees from copping out by continuing to treat him as if he were the worst diver in football history.

Wasn’t he easy to go down I’m his first season for us but then decided to stay on his feet because he was getting nothing?
He got a reputation as a diver because he went down a lot. Granted, it was nearly always a foul that wasn't given, but he was on hsi arse a decent amount. Similar to drogba in that regard i suppose. Realised they wont' get anything so just turned in to a beast

I think the interaction he either had with Rushie, or he said he had with Rushie, shows how he's 'programmed'.
He is similar to Ronaldo in that sense - he wants goals, and he wants to smash records.
Can he get to that record?

no chance

I think the interaction he either had with Rushie, or he said he had with Rushie, shows how he's 'programmed'.
He is similar to Ronaldo in that sense - he wants goals, and he wants to smash records.
Can he get to that record?

No, not even close. Rushing played about 300 more games. Only way that record is in danger is from somebody who plays pretty much their entire career at Anfield. Had Robbie stayed fit and motivated he might have got close, but Salah joined in his mid 20s, it's amazing he's gotten as high up the all time records as he did.

I went out last night and popped into a kebab shop. I asked for the Mo Salah. Cost me £48. It was a pitta filled with shit.

Can't remember a thing he did all game.....

Oh wait no, there was that pen which he never should've been on which he skied.

I doubt we'll see any videos from Binny - or any gloating idiocy from Dreamy - which sucks as this was a game - like all of our upcoming games - that needed 3 points as we try to ensure next season has as much investment as possible.

Unfortunately, this is just the reality of Mo nowadays ... It sucks*.

*We'll all forgive him after he scores 4 goals in a historic 5-0 win against Madrid,

I doubt we'll see any videos from Binny - or any gloating idiocy from Dreamy - which sucks as this was a game - like all of our upcoming games - that needed 3 points as we try to ensure next season has as much investment as possible.

Unfortunately, this is just the reality of Mo nowadays ... It sucks*.

*We'll all forgive him after he scores 4 goals in a historic 5-0 win against Madrid,
Ya the cheek, gloating about one of our greatest ever players. Our fan base in seriously cooked at times.

The disrespect and abuse Salah gets at times is bizarre (not just on SCM btw), all because he’s on big wages and underperforming in a side thats been struggling since the start of the season.

When he leaves/retires, he will do so as a legend of the club having won every trophy at club level there is to win (except maybe the UECL if that even counts) and having overtaken greats like Fowler and Stevie into cementing his name as one of the top 5 all time goalscorers and what was it we paid Roma for him? 37m? Bargain I say.

Ya the cheek, gloating about one of our greatest ever players. Our fan base in seriously cooked at times.

I am fully onboarding with gloating, or bigging up any of our players (legend or not) ...
But were not 12 year olds watching robbie ...
So it's odd that the gloating almost requires us to ignore what we're all seeing ... a player who (as per numerous gloaters) needs his team at a certain level to reach a certain level .... a player who is invisible in many games, when he should be leading our charge in then ... a player who struggles to beat the first defender far too often ...
Yes yes, hes a legend. Stats are fine too ... but theres a bigger picture if you take off the tinted shades.

The disrespect and abuse Salah gets at times is bizarre (not just on SCM btw), all because he’s on big wages and underperforming in a side thats been struggling since the start of the season.

When he leaves/retires, he will do so as a legend of the club having won every trophy at club level there is to win (except maybe the UECL if that even counts) and having overtaken greats like Fowler and Stevie into cementing his name as one of the top 5 all time goalscorers and what was it we paid Roma for him? 37m? Bargain I say.

It feels like these posts continually ignore what many of the "abusers" have said ...
Legend? Yes
Bargain? Well no one has brought his transfer fee up in input thread I dont think but 100%.
If you scroll back, you'll see the frustration being about what you've said - yes - but also about what some fans want (expect) from aforementioned legends ... it's what we wanted from Stevie and others too ... that's they were legends and the expectations of them, regardless of where the team was, was always higher.

What’s the point of bumping this every time he has a bad game or we lose?

Ditto the “PAY HIM WHAT HE WANTS” in the match thread.

It’s tired.

He’s not as good as he was. Everyone bar Dreamy broadly agrees. Where else is there to go with this?

Its been a pretty awful thread from start to finish with a few positive highlights. Just like our current season.

What’s the point of bumping this every time he has a bad game or we lose?

Ditto the “PAY HIM WHAT HE WANTS” in the match thread.

It’s tired.

He’s not as good as he was. Everyone bar Dreamy broadly agrees. Where else is there to go with this?

If it was just Dreamy, I think the thread would die! :)

I like Mo, mushrooms & U2!!

@momoWASboss - if you hadn’t been relegated you’d be on the list for a P4AH FC styled humping!!!

Fuck’s sake Stevie. I used to think you were a dude. Since becoming an expectant father you’ve changed.

Mate… I’ve been running around in a “Bono is God” t-shirt since 1991.

Fucking fry up those mushrooms with garlic & a few other flavoursome herbs - nom nom nom!!! Yuuuuuum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom