• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pay him what he wants!

Status
Not open for further replies.
32 goals or assists this season? Wow. Then what’s this thread all about then?

That’s not right. It’s 33!

But you know scoring and creating goals aren’t like the hardest thing to do in football. He should be doing way more for what’s he’s paid. Should be beating teams on his own even when everything around him has gone to shit bar Allison.

He was busy scoring and assisting enough to get him 33 for the season. How dare he.
I’ve said it elsewhere on other matters, data can be misleading. He’s been gash most of the season. Even look at the match thread from today.

He’s not been someone worthy of 350k or whatever a week. The majority of the time he’s on it when the team is on it. Not dragging us to victories. Since signing the deal he’s not been that leader, one to take the game by the scruff of the neck. That’s what I expect from someone earning 20 or 30% more than anyone.

I’ve said it elsewhere on other matters, data can be misleading. He’s been gash most of the season. Even look at the match thread from today.

He’s not been someone worthy of 350k or whatever a week. The majority of the time he’s on it when the team is on it. Not dragging us to victories. Since signing the deal he’s not been that leader, one to take the game by the scruff of the neck. That’s what I expect from someone earning 20 or 30% more than anyone.

Has he been at his best? No. Not at all. But then the players around him haven’t exactly been covering themselves in glory. But, he’s paid to give us goals. Which he clearly has. The point is, he’s been nowhere near as bad as some have made him out to be. The stats are clear. Not stats across a few games, but across the entire season so far.

He’s paid to help us win trophies. And scoring is one statistic. Look how predictable he’s been. How little he supports compared to the left side. It’s a multitude of things. Ultimately, he’s not performing to elite levels.

So it’s no coincidence that the players around him finally start to deliver and he can then do what he does best?
You could put Haaland in his place for the games that we’ve been poor in this season (most of them) and he’d have done no better than Salah. You could probably band Benzema into that argument too. People are just picking on him cuz of what he’s paid.
He’s produced those stats with a team that’s been poor all season. I’d say that’s delivering when the rest of the team hasn’t.

I just don’t get the negativity around a player who’s is a legend for us when he’s had an average patch when the rest of the team have been poor all season.

I’d rather get behind the team as much as possible. I’m tired of the negativity. Do I want the Salah of old back as he was today? Of course. But he’s done more than enough to give him some slack. Which I don’t think he’s had here.

I LOVE the moment when he took off his shirt after scoring the 6th goal. It felt like some kind of emotional release after a difficult and in many ways traumatic season – "NOW it's OK to feel happy again!" One thing about Mo, he always had a taste for the iconic – and this was another iconic moment.

Last edited:
I LOVE the moment when he took off his shirt after scoring the 6th goal. It felt like some kind of emotional release after a difficult and in many ways traumatic season – "now it's OK to feel happy again!" One thing about Mo, he is always had a taste for the iconic – and this was another iconic moment.
So did I. What a body.

I just don’t get the negativity around a player who’s is a legend for us when he’s had an average patch when the rest of the team have been poor all season.

I’d rather get behind the team as much as possible. I’m tired of the negativity. Do I want the Salah of old back as he was today? Of course. But he’s done more than enough to give him some slack. Which I don’t think he’s had here.

I think it would be wise to separate "negativity at the club" and "expectation for mo" vs "negativity at mo".

Mo is a legend.
Start any conversation with that.
Now we can have a conversation where different "groups" judge mo differently.
For example, I think this legend should be doing what a suarez or stevie did, and that's lead average teams to win games even when were shit.
You seem to be implying that mo's success would be greater if the team was, which is fine. Some see that as a problem (heck I said that about messi wrt Barca vs Argentina dominance for example!) Because of their expectation of the player because he is a legend.
Some can overlook his cunt of an agent, or not put much emphasis on it, that's fine too.
Some get frustrated that he usually doesnt give his best games in finals - that happens too, even to legends.
Some fans are frustrated at his overall form for over a year - some will say nonsense (goals and assists), some will say watch the game. I guess different ways to analyze etc.
Bottom line is many fans have been split with the the mo debate - even when he was scoring for fun and the team won everything (mo vs mane specifically). That's also ok.
Hes still a legend and it's ok... I'm not negative but I'm supposedly on the "negativity side" ... its nonsense if honest.

But one thing that really pisses me off is that everytime I type mo, I have to correct it to mom.

This discussion or thread also shows that certain sections of our fans cant even enjoy his performance yesterday.
Says it all really when you've picked a corner and staying in it.

Maybe his arse went about breaking records. Hopefully now it's done he'll crack on

Great to see him and the team getting some form back.

Still think we should cash in this summer if the possibility is there.

I think it would be wise to separate "negativity at the club" and "expectation for mo" vs "negativity at mo".

Mo is a legend.
Start any conversation with that.
Now we can have a conversation where different "groups" judge mo differently.
For example, I think this legend should be doing what a suarez or stevie did, and that's lead average teams to win games even when were shit.
You seem to be implying that mo's success would be greater if the team was, which is fine. Some see that as a problem (heck I said that about messi wrt Barca vs Argentina dominance for example!) Because of their expectation of the player because he is a legend.
Some can overlook his cunt of an agent, or not put much emphasis on it, that's fine too.
Some get frustrated that he usually doesnt give his best games in finals - that happens too, even to legends.
Some fans are frustrated at his overall form for over a year - some will say nonsense (goals and assists), some will say watch the game. I guess different ways to analyze etc.
Bottom line is many fans have been split with the the mo debate - even when he was scoring for fun and the team won everything (mo vs mane specifically). That's also ok.
Hes still a legend and it's ok... I'm not negative but I'm supposedly on the "negativity side" ... its nonsense if honest.

But one thing that really pisses me off is that everytime I type mo, I have to correct it to mom.
OK

This discussion or thread also shows that certain sections of our fans cant even enjoy his performance yesterday.
Says it all really when you've picked a corner and staying in it.

Um you bought it up to try and ridicule people while "certain sections" were/are clearly enjoying it ... it's best if you left assumptions to dantes

Um you bought it up to try and ridicule people while "certain sections" were/are clearly enjoying it ... it's best if you left assumptions to dantes

I'm not ridiculing it. Just stating the fact which is clear to see in this thread if you read the replies.
Dantes eh? Thats a comparison to posts I didnt see coming. Think I'm gonna give this thread and discussion a miss. Which I should have done a long time ago as it clearly brings out irrational behavior in people you like.

I'm not ridiculing it. Just stating the fact which is clear to see in this thread if you read the replies.
Dantes eh? Thats a comparison to posts I didnt see coming. Think I'm gonna give this thread and discussion a miss. Which I should have done a long time ago as it clearly brings out irrational behavior in people you like.

Please show me where my post to mom was 'irrational'?
You posting "PAY HIM WHAT HE WANTS" in the match thread was doing what?
The fact you are unable to budge from the "right" vs "wrong" mentality on this subject was why I made the comment.
Especially as I'm rather positive you (like any of us) criticized Gerrard, Torres, Suarez etc when you felt they deserved it. Heck, older fans told you they criticized Rush (our greatest goalscorer, who won everything numerous times) when it dictated it ...
Again, no one is saying Salah is SHIT - he's a legend but some fans feel that despite the solid stats (since his form started dropping) are not good meeting the expectations they have of the player (fairly or not).
I honestly don't see the issue with this point ... There's no negativity, just what I see. You see differently, that's fine. That's why we discuss. If we all agreed on everything, the forum would be like the Mancs forum is today - bar the 3 or 4 scousers rubbing it in to them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom