• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post match Boro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cons:

Kolo: lovely bloke but he must have been puffing on something tonight. A truly weird and hapless effort.

Lambert: really sad for him. His build invites 'Fat Fwank' style nonsense. He's fitter than he looks, and his performances last season can't just be erased from history as inconvenient facts, but he does lack pace and when his confidence is this low he looks painfully inept. This was almost heartbreakingly poor for a decent player who desperately wants to succeed.

Markovic: the staff are so jubilant in getting him I'm prepared to keep the faith for a while longer, but he was ineffectual tonight.

So-Sos:

Ming - I remain firm, he's more the consequence than the cause.

Sterling: I completely agree with Rodgers that he shouldn't be played into the ground. SO WHY THEN GO AHEAD AND DO IT????????????

Positives:

Suso: not at all so-so. Bright, urgent and inventive right from the start when he came on. There's just no excuse now not to have him in every squad.

Rossiter: thrilled for him, it went really well and he's a precociously talented lad.

Lucas: fewer stupid fouls, was great encouraging Rossiter, and worked his socks off.

Enrique: this is what competition for places is supposed to do. He really did all he could to impress.

Lallana: the best player on the pitch I felt. That will do him the world of good.

The whispers about Markovic being a lazy cunt are starting to look real, he doesnt look any closer to the pace required than he did in preseason. Mind you the same could be said for Lambert, he just seems way out of his depth every time I see him

I don't think the performance was awful like someone said. Defensively we weren't that troubled until it came to corners / free kicks (as usual), and attacking wise, we seemed to do well enough to get into or near the box lots of times. Where we then floundered, was that we kept making the wrong decisions once we got there, with a few key culprits often shying away from taking a shot and opting to attempt a pass in a crowded box to a teammate instead. Overall, I was very pleased with Lallana's performance. And of course, as mentioned in the match thread - Suso came on and showed the other guys what we should've been doing in the 90 minutes - shoot in the box instead of fucking around trying to thread needles.

Special mention to the two U-21 lads, who did very well for their first game. While Williams was assured, didn't put a foot wrong and even scored in the shootout, Rossiter was especially impressive in that he didn't play like a 17-year-old at all - wasn't overawed, didn't hide, wasn't shy about asking for the ball and playing some more ambitious passes (even though a few didn't come off he still kept trying), and throughout his time in the game, he seemed to be constantly pointing and shouting out passing options when the centrebacks had the ball. He got muscled out a few times by his bigger, older opponents but that physical growth will come over time. Impressive debuts.

Forgot to mention ...

Rossiter - very good debut. Very tidy, no mistakes, good solid passes but played very safe.

Williams - same as above really ... I think it was him who had a really good last ditch sliding tackle ... really surprised with how easy he made it seem out there.

If you're talking about the one which they shot against the angle of the bar, yeah it was him. It looked for a moment he had lost track of his man, but he recovered in time to slide in. I thought the ball deflected off him, but I guess he just did enough to rush the opponent and it was a clean shot against the angle.

Markovic is fucking rubbish by the way. If I had nice hair, do you think Liverpool would sign me for 20 million?

Markovic looks like he doesn't give a shite,and has a phobia of shooting,lallana was just ok,still wants to take too many touches and especially with his left foot,really annoyed me,we're pretty predictable going forward,this is very worrying,mix that with our nerves from set-pieces and we have big problems,thank fuck we're home the weekend!!

Yeah seen Markovic about 5 times now and he has looked slow and done 2 bits of fuck all. Wasted cash.

well i guess when you buy that many players one or two will turn out to be duds for whatever reason . Although it's worrying when there aren't any signs of a top quality player right from the start .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom