• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post match Boro

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mate took his 8 yr old daughter to her first match. They left at 118 mins.

Made it home to Aigburth (8 miles) to see the end of the penalties.

Gerrard. Cos it's the derby innit.

Doofus

*remembers when Gerrard was subbed for Lucas and won us the game (kinda)*

Seriously though Gerrardinho has to start but why no further up the pitch?

Not that it matters, but I just released that the Boro team we faced actually had 4 players loaned from London clubs:
- Chelsea: Blackman, Omeruo, Bamford
- Spurs: Fredericks

I wouldnt have Lucas anywhere near the team.

Rossiter and Williams both had a good game.

Lallana was excellent

Lambert is struggeling to adapt

Markovic is clearly the summer signing that will take the longest to settle.
He's pacey like fuck but clearly lacks fitness and struggles with the intensity. Saw more than enough at Benfica and Partizan to know his quality.
20 years old. Give him time FFS

Lucas had a great game, at the back and supporting the attack, that's probably the best I've seen him perform since before his injury. Great passion for the penalties too.

Balotelli is going to frustrate, he's far too lazy and wasteful in possession at times. Not a player that's really tailor made for this team.

Markovic does indeed look lazy and slow. If he's been bought for a wide position then I really worry about him, because he's not going to make it without the kind of pace required to play successfully in this league and in that position. Particularly when he desperately lacks an ounce of fight. If he's been bought for the "hole" then what the fuck is the club doing? We have an abundance of players who can do this. Not impressed, but it's early days, the concerns are growing though.

Lallana had a very good game, always in the thick of it, tricks and flicks, on another day a few more of them would have come off and we'd have capitalised. It'll be interesting to see him, Sterling and Sturridge in tandem.

Kolo was stupid for the goal, but he kept the defence in check all night and was constantly talking, we've lacked that. It's a shame his legs have gone, but I wouldn't lay into him too much for making a fuck up and the 90th minute of his first game in AGES.

Sakho - Great passing tonight and a much more composed performance.

Manquillo - what more can you say about this kid? He's growing with every performace. He had his first set back against the Hammers but he came out last night and gave a mature, composed performance.

Enrique - looked fucked in the end, understandably and was at fault for the first goal, but his link up play with Lallana was excellent and encouraging. He's a good player and a reasonably good defender. We've got two good options there to cover the left now.

Rossiter and Williams - encouraging performances. Moreso because both stuck to the basics and remained calm and assured in possession.

Suso - A few of us have banged on and on about him. He deserves to have a place at the club, he's positive, bright, intelligent and now looks like he has goals in him. GET HIM IN THE SQUAD.

There was a guy who used to stand near me in the Kop in the 80's, and every time Kevin McDonald started running he woudl shout "go on, wooden legs!". That memory sprung to mind every time Lambert got the ball yesterday ..

10636068_10152855823002573_2311766360320455477_n.jpg

Lallana played well but he was very wasteful, he was holding onto the ball for far too long...When he didn't do that we looked a better team which was shown in suso's goal.

Our movement was again shocking up top, sorry to say it but Lambo is shite...

Lallana played well but he was very wasteful, he was holding onto the ball for far too long...When he didn't do that we looked a better team which was shown in suso's goal.

Our movement was again shocking up top, sorry to say it but Lambo is shite...

I agree with this.

We're too static - even sterling - our forwards all stop a demand passes directly to their feet - we need more people running in to space and demanding the ball where they can run on to it at pace.

It's like we purposely make it easy for opposing defenders.

People going way overboard about Markovic. He's a kid who looks like he'll need more time to adapt than you'd hope, but to start making judgements on him after a couple of starts?? Pretty pathetic.

As for his pace, why not look at some of his games for Benfica where he looked like one of the quickest players in the game? Isn't it unlikely that that would just disappear or otherwise fail to translate to a different league??

Re: Rossiter and Williams - really nice debuts - composed and steady and didn't do anything wrong. Massive props to Williams for the penalty he took as well.

Having said that, I wonder what sort of players we see them becoming actually. This is the second time I've seen Rossiter play, and I've liked him both times - mature, smart technique and passing ability with both feet. But he seems very slight physically, and without any sort of great pace or strength. At this stage it's probably easier to project him as something like Scott Parker or Lucas rather than Gerrard. Of course, from one perspective, even that should count as a success for the Academy as it'd have produced a consistent Premiership standard footballer.

Williams looks a much bigger lad - I've never seen him before, so I'm not sure how he compares with Rossiter in terms of technique and maturity. But generally speaking, I do think physical tools give you a much higher ceiling for growth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom