• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Brentford (H) - Sun 14:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pochettino's the right choice to manage them at this stage. He's good at spiffing up underperforming clubs. There'll come a point at which they need to move on from Pochettino if they want to be winning the big prizes again, but I'm fairly confident he'll get them higher up the league by the end of the season.

Really shows the how inconsistent we are away from home when we turn like we did here with so many players out.

Still who wouldn’t have taken 1 pt behind city when going into the next game at the start of the season.
Amazing progress.

Will City still do that dominant 2nd half of the season without Gundogan and a crocked/returning De Bruyne? Up for debate. Long way to go but could be a good run-in this year.
I’m still waiting for Haaland to land awkwardly and fuck his knee or ankle in the December schedule. It’s written in the stars…

Very good performance and a few players that have been criticised a lot done very well.

It needed to be from Chelsea, and the to me exposed how fragile City actually are if you have the right players to take on their midfield and hit them with pace up front. Also, if this is what Chelsea can do then they will be something special to contend with once they have Nkuku and Lavia in the side, they were frightening at times and were splitting through City on the wings with long range passing and Enzo being very good. It was tough for them.

We need our best players back and fit if we are to have any chance in getting anything from our next game against City. Also I think its time Klopp got us a win at their place or at least a draw, I don't want us to come back empty handed.

Nyoni on the bench today. 16 years and 4 months old. Fucking hell, Klopp must be impressed with him in the short time he’s been at the club.
Or he was the only LCM left alive?

Dont get me wrong would be terrific if he is another future star like Elliott and Quansah

I presume the sky isn’t falling in this morning and that we don’t desperately need to sell Mo because he’s playing like shite?

Not for next 2 weeks before we play City away on a 12.30pm kick off with our not so impressive away record. After that, we may need to swap Mo for Ivan Tony and Macca with McTomine.

Trent defensively was absolutely horrendous yesterday, he's getting worse not better and seems to think that now he's a pseudo midfielder he doesn't have to run his arse off getting back. He did one good thing all game balanced against half a dozen glaring errors.

Pochettino's the right choice to manage them at this stage. He's good at spiffing up underperforming clubs. There'll come a point at which they need to move on from Pochettino if they want to be winning the big prizes again, but I'm fairly confident he'll get them higher up the league by the end of the season.
I don't believe that's true. He took a decent Spurs to the CL final but Chelsea have the money and players to be far superior to that team. I can see them challenging for the PL and CL again within 2 years and with Poch at the helm.

Trent defensively was absolutely horrendous yesterday, he's getting worse not better and seems to think that now he's a pseudo midfielder he doesn't have to run his arse off getting back. He did one good thing all game balanced against half a dozen glaring errors.

I'm getting so sick of his swaning around the pitch, barely bothering to break a sweat on defense, like he's feckin' Messi... His (diminishing) offensive contributions are no longer making up for his utter lethargy at the back and I'm really starting to dislike him (well, his attitude, at least).

I know he's still the best pure passer since Beckham, but Beckham worked his bollocks off, up and down the right... Trent's effort only goes one way now, and it's laughable at this point.

It feels like Trent knows Szobo is twice the attacking midfielder that he is, and he's determined to prove him wrong.

He needs to go back to being a RB, cause right now Szobo and the team are picking up his slack

Last edited:
Trent needs a long spell on the bench. His displays are becoming as shite as his attitude.

I'm fed up with him.

27 points after 12 games. 3rd best start since Klopp took over and 11 points better than this time last season.
If we iron out the issues we have then this could be a very very good season.

27 points after 12 games. 3rd best start since Klopp took over and 11 points better than this time last season.
If we iron out the issues we have then this could be a very very good season.

Nobody looks invincible this season and it's clear top 5 or 6 teams will all cannibalise each other. We don't look settled enough in midfield or upfront to win it right now but there's time for that to click. I still think it's City's to lose but if we can get our act together we have played most of the top teams away already so the 2nd half of the season is a little bit kinder to us fixture wise. I don't think I've ever seen a team win the league where so many positions didn't have a clear starter.

But apparently people think we need a new LB over a RB

I'm getting so sick of his swaning around the pitch, barely bothering to break a sweat on defense, like he's feckin' Messi... His (diminishing) offensive contributions are no longer making up for his utter lethargy at the back and I'm really starting to dislike him (well, his attitude, at least).

I know he's still the best pure passer since Beckham, but Beckham worked his bollocks off, up and down the right... Trent's effort only goes one way now, and it's laughable at this point.

His attacking contributions mostly came from being out on the right.

We have a thread on this topic - wonderfully tee'd up by Farky. http://www.sixcrazyminutes.com/threads/narrowminded.197887/

I wouldn't mind Trent in midfield if a) we had someone actually playing right wing back and b) we didn't have two, maybe even three CMs already better than him in this role in Alexis, Szobo & Jones.

This season feels like another one of those where it will be relentless victories against the bottom 14 clubs that wins the league, rather than results against the top teams. This is why that Luton draw hurt so much.

Anyway - too soon for a City pre-match thread but I am very excited for this one, and am expecting us to be full throttle.

I must have been one of the few who thought Trent did well this game after the initial dodgy 20 mins.
He was back covering the Alisson save and sprayed some great passes around and got us on the front foot. One of his better games this season and that’s not saying much. Not sure I get the Szbo praise yet, he yet again last the ball in defensive third trying silly things.

Szobo is a fucking don. A few lapses of concentration yesterday but all in all a don.

I hope someone booted Trent in the first 60 seconds so we get angry Trent for 90 mins. He’s boss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom