• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Burnley (a) - Boxing Day - 5:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it's Jota +2 for the rest of the season, yes?

Has Salah been sold or playing Afcon for rest of the season? No chance, Salah + 2 always and most likely includes Jota. But it’s always availability that has held back Jota more than anything else.

We wobbled. But to be fair, it was due to bollocks. There was no foul on Gakpo's goal, The Boy's goal should have stood. Add in some wayward finishing and we could have been 5 up before they had an attack.
Good to see Nunez score and good to see Jota back. I think he would always be in my team, drifts in and out but knows where the goal is. As always, I believe Curtis is ahead of Grav, both good players but for me Curtis is quicker of mind and of foot.
Diaz is a constant worry and I'm always 50/50 on Endo. Quansah looks a player and I'm chuffed about that.

We wobbled. But to be fair, it was due to bollocks. There was no foul on Gakpo's goal, The Boy's goal should have stood. Add in some wayward finishing and we could have been 5 up before they had an attack.
Good to see Nunez score and good to see Jota back. I think he would always be in my team, drifts in and out but knows where the goal is. As always, I believe Curtis is ahead of Grav, both good players but for me Curtis is quicker of mind and of foot.
Diaz is a constant worry and I'm always 50/50 on Endo. Quansah looks a player and I'm chuffed about that.
Aside from the Elliott goal which was by letter of law not, and the Endo comment, I’m inline with this

Feel sorry for Gakpo; this was a well-taken goal and would have given him confidence for the rest of the game. Good this wasn’t consequential.

Ya was telling the defender didn’t protest at all. Poor from VAR.

The onfield decision was foul, if I remember correctly, so the first responsibility is with Mr. Tierney. The VAR didn’t feel they had conclusive enough evidence to overrule him.

I don't get this whole "back 6 carrying us", what is that about?

How many clean sheets have we kept this season in all comps? How many goals have we scored?

7 clean sheets in the league - equal best with Arsenal & Newcastle.

16 goals conceded - equal best with Arsenal.

No-one else has conceded less than 20.

39 goals scored - which is 3rd best, although only 1 less than Villa & City who are equal top.

There are 6 teams with 35 or more goals.

So - if we maintain our defence live solidity and score a little bit more - we’re going close.

It’s all on Jota staying fit and/or Gakpo or Nunez hitting a goalscoring streak, with no more injuries in defence, for me.

Quansah had a great game, so happy for him. Cant believe the development this season. Definitely in contention for young player of the year. Even if we get another defender next year I think we should keep him around.

Quansah had a great game, so happy for him. Cant believe the development this season. Definitely in contention for young player of the year. Even if we get another defender next year I think we should keep him around.

Of-fucking-course we’re keeping him around! He is a fully established first team CB now and he earned it. Q is here to stay.

Aside from the Elliott goal which was by letter of law not, and the Endo comment, I’m inline with this
Not sure what else Endo can do more to convince people. He needs to try to change his nationality to English, or increase his transfer fees to 60m or reduce his age by 5 years or so because good performances are not enough these days.

GCTKxPHWoAAupnP

Trent had a decent game.

Feel sorry for Gakpo; this was a well-taken goal and would have given him confidence for the rest of the game. Good this wasn’t consequential.

Can understand Klopps issue with Tierney. No understanding of the game and seems to have the attitude that he wants to disrupt the game rather than setting it up for the players to succeed.

7 clean sheets in the league - equal best with Arsenal & Newcastle.

16 goals conceded - equal best with Arsenal.

No-one else has conceded less than 20.

39 goals scored - which is 3rd best, although only 1 less than Villa & City who are equal top.

There are 6 teams with 35 or more goals.

So - if we maintain our defence live solidity and score a little bit more - we’re going close.

It’s all on Jota staying fit and/or Gakpo or Nunez hitting a goalscoring streak, with no more injuries in defence, for me.
See this is where you let yourself down Stevie with poor attention to detail, first off no we’re not on 39 goals…we’re on 41 ok, this is even before we get into the pen shouts which were blatantly ignored, We’ve had 2 legitimate goals ruled out now which should have an asterix next to it and awarded to us at the end of the season. So we are in fact top of the goalscoring table. We are also top when it comes to all other aspects of attacking, shots, chances created, xG etc all that hot garbage. The only area we’re down the lower end where we don’t want to be is the shot conversion rate.

My point was is there really that much of a swing between our “amazing back 6” and our horrific let’s say “front 5” then seeing as that’s how he wants to categorize the team at present, is there that much of a swing between the 2 to warrant being labelled “being carried by our back 6”? I think if you go back and review game by game you’ll see the defence is as much fault.

Brighton for example we were 2-1 up, poor defending to give away the foul and again on the set piece by Robbo to leave the ball - 2 points dropped.

Spurs another example we were holding on brilliantly for a 1-1, last min error by the defence costs us a point.

Look how many times we’ve gifted the first goal away, cheap goals and then look how many times our front 5 have come to the rescue….Luton would’ve been an embarrassing loss, Palace would’ve been an embarrassing loss, our front 5 won us 3 points.

& then there are games like last night where collectively both parts of the game are done equally as well, back 6 keep a clean sheet and the front 5 go and win us the game.

Last edited:
See this is where you let yourself down Stevie with poor attention to detail, first off no we’re not on 39 goals…we’re on 41 ok, this is even before we get into the pen shouts which were blatantly ignored, We’ve had 2 legitimate goals ruled out now which should have an asterix next to it and awarded to us at the end of the season. So we are in fact top of the goalscoring table. We are also top when it comes to all other aspects of attacking, shots, chances created, xG etc all that hot garbage. The only area we’re down the lower end where we don’t want to be is the shot conversion rate.

My point was is there really that much of a swing between our “amazing back 6” and our horrific let’s say “front 5” then seeing as that’s how he wants to categorize the team at present, is there that much of a swing between the 2 to warrant being labelled “being carried by our back 6”? I think if you go back and review game by game you’ll see the defence is as much fault.

Brighton for example we were 2-1 up, poor defending to give away the foul and again on the set piece by Robbo to leave the ball - 2 points dropped.

Spurs another example we were holding on brilliantly for a 1-1, last min error by the defence costs us a point.

Look how many times we’ve gifted the first goal away, cheap goals and then look how many times our front 5 have come to the rescue….Luton would’ve been an embarrassing loss, Palace would’ve been an embarrassing loss, our front 5 won us 3 points.

& then there are games like last night where collectively both parts of the game are done equally as well, back 6 keep a clean sheet and the front 5 go and win us the game.

What are you even wibbling on about?

How am I letting myself down by presenting the actual figures?

How many league goals have we scored - and I mean actually - not in your head.

What the fuck does goals or penalties not given have to do with anything - next you’ll be want to count every time Nunez hit the post or spaffed it wide.

Our defensive players are giving us the best defensive record in the league and our attacking players aren’t quite there yet.

That’s just the reality of what’s happening.

What the fuck does goals or penalties not given have to do with anything - next you’ll be want to count every time Nunez hit the post or spaffed it wide.

Our defensive players are giving us the best defensive record in the league and our attacking players aren’t quite there yet.

I mean you missed an open goal to draw attention to Binomials lack of attention to detail in the other games thread.

It's a fucking myth we don't score enough goals, we do, we just don't think we do coz we miss lots of what we consider to be easy chances. @binomial - to be fair - at some point this season - and I am sure of it, things will even out by the law of the universe set in stone by our maker - we will absolutely hammer someone. I don't know which team, but one will get absolutely killed - the missed chances will not continue.

We’ve scored 41 goals plus a shitload more in the cups. Diaz and Gakpo’s goals were goals,

Are the attacking players doing as well as the defence in this moment? Probably not. Our star players this season have been Ali and Virg, though that’s not to say our this team is being carried by the defence.

We’ve scored 41 goals plus a shitload more in the cups. Diaz and Gakpo’s goals were goals,

Are the attacking players doing as well as the defence in this moment? Probably not. Our star players this season have been Ali and Virg, though that’s not to say our this team is being carried by the defence.

In what competition have we scored 41 goals?

In what competition have we scored 41 goals?
In the league Stevie, have you not been following? Or is it 42, might be 42 actually but keep downplaying the clear and obvious errors that discredit the forwards good work to suit your argument. No problems.

Last edited:
In the league Stevie, have you not been following? Or is it 42, might be 42 actually but keep downplaying the clear and obvious errors that discredit the forwards good work to suit your argument. No problems.

upload_2023-12-28_12-25-10.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2023-12-28_12-24-8.jpeg
    upload_2023-12-28_12-24-8.jpeg
    339.6 KB · Views: 24
I mean - I guess you could keep making things up to try and support your argument.

I mean - I guess you could keep making things up to try and support your argument.
We both know nothing is made up, if you went to your doctor tomorrow for a check up and he/she told you you had a vagina but you knew you had a penis would you still take their word for it? We’re riding on facts here Stevie, no amount of cheating or corruption comes between that, we understand this right?

We both know nothing is made up, if you went to your doctor tomorrow for a check up and he/she told you you had a vagina but you knew you had a penis would you still take their word for it? We’re riding on facts here Stevie, no amount of cheating or corruption comes between that, we understand this right?

Have you hit your head or something?

In your case, to use your analogy - it would seem you don’t know what a penis is - so whatever you think it is - it’s likely wrong.

Keep him around?! This kid is the future. He'll become a VvD-like stalwart of the team for the next 10 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom