• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Burnley (H) - 21st Aug - 12:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shite that it's an early kick off. We should be able to blow them away with the crowd doing their part.

I'd be ok for Ox to be given another go, so same team as last week only Fab in for Milner.

& Give Hendo Thiago a little more time to get to full speed.

Jordan Henderson and Thiago Alcantara both continued their quest for fitness as they featured in a behind-closed-doors friendly for Liverpool.
The duo, who only returned to action in brief cameos during the Reds' final friendly against Osasuna last Monday, came through 80 minutes as the Reds beat an Aston Villa side 4-1 at Anfield on Sunday.

Both will be in contention then.

Liverpool star Fabinho's father has died, with the midfielder's wife Rebeca Tavares confirming the sad news on social media.

Situation in Brazil is 1 of the worlds worst so not sure what the countries stance on returning nationals are for grievances.

He has to go surely? which means he could be gone for 2-3 weeks, how would we plan for that then in terms of rushing back Hendo/Thiago? Interesting 1.

RIP to Sir Tavares btw.

Can’t imagine dealing with that when you’re stuck thousands of miles away, i imagine Allisson is unfortunately able to help him

Very sad for Fabs. I wonder if he will be up for starting - it wouldn't surprise me if he finds that playing is a great distraction.

Didnt Titi Camara play and score a goal just a few days after his dad died? That was such an emotional moment.

Ideally I would have liked our starting midfield 3 to be Hendo, Thiago and Fabinho as we need to get all of the match fit for next week against Chelsea. I'm guessing that Fabinho now won't play but I think it's essential that Hendo and Thaigo start...........maybe with Jota as an AM.

Very sad for Fabs. I wonder if he will be up for starting - it wouldn't surprise me if he finds that playing is a great distraction.
He missed training today, and Echo saying he has been given compassionate leave.

However, Klopp confirmed during his pre-match press conference that Henderson and Thiago could come into contention for Saturday’s meeting with Burnley having participated in a behind-closed-doors friendly match last Sunday at Anfield.

We’re gonna win 7-0

I see The Athletic are reporting that Robbo will be available for next weeks game against Chelsea.

So Jota upfront. I mean it's not bad, but it seems like "too many cooks".
And if it's not working, we bring on Origi? That's the other issue for me, disregarding the fact that we'll be weakening the midf
Salah up front for me, Jota Mane wide.

Was at Anfield today, unfortunately not tomorrow! It's looking immaculate. Stewards were saying they've got the ability to direct the sound from the crowd directly into the vents of the away changing room before kick off. They also use nasty strip lighting in the away dressing room so the opposition players have to adjust their eyes when they go out, whereas the home dressing room is set to the exact brightness as outside.

36486b8713600cd0c7d82633d127f0dd.jpg
fc0350622581c97c1613760c8e264e92.jpg

Line up prediction:

Alisson

Trent
Matip
Van Dijk
Tsimikas

Milner
Thiago
Keita

Salah
Mane
Firmino

I very much doubt that Fabs will play. I want to believe that Thiago is ready to start. It's either him or Hendo, but since Thiago came back sooner I think he's up.
Jota relegated to the bench unfortunately.

Looks like we'll give Fabs the game off to clear his head.

Hopefully Henderson is ready to be the holding midfielder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom