• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Burnley (H) - 21st Aug - 12:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brizzle

Deposed match thread starter
LFC & Brizzle's Pre Match Threads - starting off with a 100% record.

I'm going to this one and am seriously excited to get back to Anfield. Great to see Burnley leaky at the back against Brighton at home, they are starting the season rusty and this is a great opportunity for us to continue the form we had at Norwich. I don't see the same midfield starting, but I wouldn't know how to call it.

---------------Ali----------------
TAA--Matip--VVD--Kostas. any more joiners for my hype train?
--------------Fabs---------------
-------Ox-----------Keita-------
Salah-----Jota------Mane---

I would prefer to see someone else in the middle for Ox, but I like the intent from Jurg - he wants us to have more ball carrying and intent from the middle. I fully support this. Naby was excellent last game.

I can’t see Oxlade-Chamberlain starting. I think we may see one of Hendo or Thiago coming in, whoever seems fittest in training. I think Firmino will come in for Jota and we’ll see Jota coming on after 55 minutes.

They beat us at home last year right? Ending our long run?

Revenge mother f%ckers!

Unleash Harvey!

I can’t see Oxlade-Chamberlain starting. I think we may see one of Hendo or Thiago coming in, whoever seems fittest in training. I think Firmino will come in for Jota and we’ll see Jota coming on after 55 minutes.
Yeah that's how I see it too. I doubt Hendo will be ready and Keita did a good job last time out, not at his most creative but running around like a blue-arsed fly in midfield, chasing them down, getting his foot in and winning the ball back. Together with Thiago (and Fabs behind) we'll win the ball back a lot and still have creativity and ball carrying from those three.

Since we'll have most of the possession, and rarely be playing on the break, I can see Bobby's close control getting the nod over Jota.

----------------Ali----------------
TAA--Matip-----VVD--Kostas
---------------Fabs---------------
----Thiago-----------Keita-------
Salah-----Firmino------Mane---

Is Thiago fit?

I wouldn’t be against a midfield 3 of Fabinho, Milner & Kieta.

I’m still in the camp that believes we play better with Firmino in the Centre - but I like Jotta as well, though he does really well coming off the bench.

Surely Fabinho can start this one. He makes a huge difference to the whole side's confidence when he's in.

I'd rather have Thiago or Elliot than Ox.

Yeah, Fabinho have to start. Maybe give Hendo or Thiago a chance from start as well and sub him off after 60 mins.

Only Klopp will know when he's ready, but he should be considering Konate for this one, IMO. I suspect he will want to give VVD a tried and tested partner in Matip as he reintegrates into the side, however Konate is stronger and more aggressive, and against a side like Burnley that could be more effective. Elsewhere Chamberlain should lose his place for Thiago/Henderson or Jones. Fabinho has to come in, and Jota is also at risk at being rotated out. Bobby looks in sparkling form.

Only Klopp will know when he's ready, but he should be considering Konate for this one, IMO. I suspect he will want to give VVD a tried and tested partner in Matip as he reintegrates into the side, however Konate is stronger and more aggressive, and against a side like Burnley that could be more effective. Elsewhere Chamberlain should lose his place for Thiago/Henderson or Jones. Fabinho has to come in, and Jota is also at risk at being rotated out. Bobby looks in sparkling form.
I’m up for this.

Maybe we should have all 4 on the pitch for this one. Jota, Salah, Firmino and Mane.

Is Thiago fit?

I’m still in the camp that believes we play better with Firmino in the Centre - but I like Jotta as well, though he does really well coming off the bench.
VW fan?

Interesting that Kaide Gordon played in the friendly rather than the academy games this weekend. Surely tells how highly Klopp rates him.

Interesting that Kaide Gordon played in the friendly rather than the academy games this weekend. Surely tells how highly Klopp rates him.
Exactly I was wondering why he was missing from the u23 game.

What an odd and ignorant post. Matip is boss and copes against any opposition including Burnley - As he has done before.

So you'd rather have Konate who has never played with Van Dijk before and is new to the premier league instead of the guy who won the league and the CL playing next to him? Just because... Not about fitness or whatever?

Is Thiago fit?

I think we all want Fabs in midfield. First name on the teamsheet for me atm.

------------------Ali----------------
Trent--Matip--VVD--Kost
---Elliott---Fabs--Thiago--
---Salah--Firmino-Mane-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom