• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Forest (H) - Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one wants to talk about it because we were robbed of three points by the farce at Spurs, and we've won unconvincingly a few times due to some questionable red cards, but we are playing the best football in the league right now. Spurs are doing fantastically well to get the points they're getting, but it's obvious when you watch them they're a level below us and City. City aren't quite their usual self this season, but that will change soon, in the mean time we are just quietly being forgotten about, whilst playing some superb and consistent football. Any posters suggesting we're targeting anything other than the title this season is displaying egregious levels of cowardish, it's on.

Like donkey

Kong

So all three forwards scored and a clean sheet - nice and tidy

Forest have caused problems for a number of teams this season. Our sticking three on them without reply will worry the rest of the league.

We are really a clear level above last season, great to see. Think we'd smash the team of last season 4 or 5 nil

Graven was gash today.

The commentators had it as him not being used to playing 2 matches in a week.

Graven was gash today.

That's not an excuse for a 21 year old player. He was subbed in the second half too so it's not like he played 90 mins.
I think we had a few players who were gash to be honest.
Gravenberch
Trent
Elliott
Tsimikas
We were carried by the great work Macca and Szobo did in midfield plus the three players upfront.

Excellent performance and win. Lovely 3 points. Szobo is already the best midfielder in the league.

Reactions: dee
Graven was gash today.

Our left was not good today until dom swapped. A better team would have capitalised

Graven was gash today.

I just don't think he's ready for the Prem yet, at least to play in central midfield consistently (which is completely expected given he's 21 years old and just spent a season watching football from the bench in a league that's way below this level). Should do well in Europe, cups, cameos and against shit tier teams this season, then hopefully build on it next year

Good summary. The avalanche of compliments the lad got after the Toulouse game worried me a bit, not because he didn't play well but because that kind of reaction to one admittedly excellent performance can heap too much expectation too early on a young player. I think he's got what it takes, but he's going to need time to develop it to the standard we need and then to keep it there.

Reactions: jan
TBH, i'm not opposed to europa being some combo of Endo, Grav, Jones or Elliott consistently. It'll probably do them all the world of good
Mos def, at least in the group phase.
We're 5 points clear, we can afford resting our best players against Toulouse away.

I just don't think he's ready for the Prem yet, at least to play in central midfield consistently (which is completely expected given he's 21 years old and just spent a season watching football from the bench in a league that's way below this level). Should do well in Europe, cups, cameos and against shit tier teams this season, then hopefully build on it next year
Jones is ahead of him regardless. When Jones is fit and not banned he’s in our midfield.

And I'm really glad we didn't panic in the summer, cause Sangare really isn't good enough.
Was he really shit today ? Did he do anything of note as a DM ? I was one of those desperate for us to get him, but we did not move for him.

Right now, I so want us to get a european based DM if the Andre deal falls through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom