• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Forest (H) - Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brizzle

Deposed match thread starter
Tricky fixture against a team who caused us some trouble last season. Awoniyi looks to be out, but they look threatening with Elanga & Gibbs White on the wings, although not in a great run of form which is ideal for us.

Gravy has earned a start here for me

Alisson

Trent
Konate
Virgil
Tsimikas

Alexis
Szobo
Gravenberch

Salah
Nunez
Diaz

Tricky fixture against a team who caused us some trouble last season. Awoniyi looks to be out, but they look threatening with Elanga & Gibbs White on the wings, although not in a great run of form which is ideal for us.

Alisson

Trent
Konate
Virgil
Tsimikas

Alexis
Szobo
Gravenberch

Salah
Nunez
Diaz
That would be my team, but I think he'll go with Jota over Nunez.

Alisson

Trent
Konate
Virgil
Tsimikas

Alexis
Szobo
Gravenberch

Salah
Nunez
Diaz
I don’t see Gravenberch or Nunez starting tbh.

Ali Trent Matip Virgil Kostas Mac Szobo Grav Salah Nunez Diaz

Team picks itself at present.

I'd start Endo over Mac. I mean if the role is a 6 play a 6, cos Mac keeps making basic errors there.
Can’t justify dropping him yet. He’s too good on the ball. We never score the second last weekend if it’s any other player picking up the ball where he did.

Yeah he's good and everything but we still give too many chances away. It's not like Endo can't progress a ball. He looks pretty damn good at it. And picking out one moment late in a game against ten men Everton means nothing. He was shit all match, we should have been out of sight but the midfield was gash. Last night's was far better.

I'd midfield I'd start with

-----------------Endo-------
Szoboszlai ----- Gravenberch

And then being on Mac Allister for Grav or Endo depending on how the game is working out. But Mac Allister is probably nailed onto to start at six.

Yeah he's good and everything but we still give too many chances away. It's not like Endo can't progress a ball. He looks pretty damn good at it. And picking out one moment late in a game against ten men Everton means nothing. He was shit all match, we should have been out of sight but the midfield was gash. Last night's was far better.
Agree but EL is a whole other ball game to the English league. I like Endo but not at the expense of Alexis unless he plays in another spot.

I’d actually prefer Endo in this game as Forest are great on the break and Mac isn’t that mobile.

Endo defensively reads it better.

But no change he starts this game. None.

I wouldn’t completely dismiss the chances of Jones starting at LCM, despite how impressive Gravy was last night. The argument for Jones is that he gives us better defensive balance, which could be important if Mac plays at 6 and Trent roams everywhere like he usually does - at the moment Jones probably better than Gravenberch at anticipating the danger and dropping into the double-pivot when necessary to keep Mac or Trent company.

I wouldn’t completely dismiss the chances of Jones starting at LCM, despite how impressive Gravy was last night. The argument for Jones is that he gives us better defensive balance, which could be important if Mac plays at 6 and Trent roams everywhere like he usually does - at the moment Jones probably better than Gravenberch at anticipating the danger and dropping into the double-pivot when necessary to keep Mac or Trent company.

My argument for dropping Jones is that he's still suspended.

Does Forest play in a low block? Because there was a lanky kid at Anfield on Thursday that seemed awfully good in tight spaces.

I don’t see Gravenberch or Nunez starting tbh.
Elliott & Endo played the whole game and Jones virtually (off in the 89th to give McConnell a 5 mins outing. EDIT and he's banned). Gravenberch came off after 70 mins. Unless Thiago has risen from the dead my money is strongly on Gravenberch, Mac and Szobo to start.

Last edited:
I'd start Endo over Mac. I mean if the role is a 6 play a 6, cos Mac keeps making basic errors there.
I think Endo is our best no 6 at the moment, Dominik Szoboszlai is an automatic starter, as is Mo & Nunez. You can argue over the rest.
Edit, with the exception of Alisson,TAA, and VVD

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom