• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Fulham (H) - EFL Semi - Weds 20:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brizzle

Deposed match thread starter
Fulham had our number in the league bar 3 worldie goals. But i think klopp will work out how to play around that.

Bradley impressed me again in his cameo. For me he should start this at RB and Trent in the middle. No better time to try it.

Kelleher

Bradley
Ibu
Quansah
Gomez

Mac
Trent
Jones

Diaz
Jota
Nunez

Feels harsh on Elliot but we know he can change a game as a sub.

I doubt that Klopp would risk playing Konate for two matches in a row especially considering the 3 day gap. Konate did a whole lot of running today.

If Van Dijk gets well he'll start, but I have a feeling it's going to be a Gomez and Quansah pairing.

Kelleher

Bradley
Gomez
Quansah
Beck

Macca
Gravenberch
Jones

Elliott
Gakpo
Jota

Diaz and Nunez played 90 minutes so that's why didn't pick them.

We eventually put Endo in that 6 role and turned the game round. Klopp has to think long and hard about the midfield as Fulham kept waltzing through it.

But we do seem to have our dander up, don't we?

Having beaten Arsenal this isn’t as do or die this time.
Don’t forget two years ago we drew the first leg of the semi 0-0 and then walked the 2nd leg.

Different competition, different line ups, Fulham aren't guaranteed the same chances they got in the 4-3 and they're not guaranteed to score from every one of them.

They'll be missing Bassey and Iwobi. Ream again wasn't involved a few days ago, he'll likely be out as well.

I'd go Kelleher Bradley Konate Virgil Beck Trent Mac Grav Diaz Jota Nunez

Ali doesn't really need to play this one, especially if Virg is back......as we saw against West Ham, all he needs to do is stand tall and look pretty.

In that Fulham league game we turned it around when we put Gomez at RB and Endo & Trent into CM. This is why i think starting Trent in midfield would be safe in this one.

We have a long rest after this so i don’t think Diaz or Nunez doing 90 is a big challenge.

Do away goals count in Carabao Cup?
Believe it only comes into affect AET but don’t quote me on this because these bastards like to do things without telling anyone, so they may well have scrapped it off entirely.

Why are we going to start Trent in midfield in a semi final? No need to experiment with anything and Fulham arent a bad team.
I want to win this trophy.

Ali
Trent
Konate
Quansah
Beck
Elliott
Macca
Gravy
Diaz
Jota
Gakpo

Why are we going to start Trent in midfield in a semi final? No need to experiment with anything and Fulham arent a bad team.

He’s played there plenty and effectively in game so a start there or shift in game is neither here nor there. I’d play him in the Szobo role…He’s the best alternative.

He’s played there plenty and effectively in game so a start there or shift in game is neither here nor there. I’d play him in the Szobo role…He’s the best alternative.
spot on, but in the Arsenal game when Bradley came on, Trent was moved to DM I believe.

Plenty is stretching it. He’s been moved in game to DM, what, 3 times?
He’s not our best alternative there.
I dont mind the move in game if neccessary, but from a starting point of view he starts as a RB.

The best player for the szobo role is probably Elliott, but he doesn't have the strength.

It'll be

Nunez .....Jota/gakpo..... Diaz

Gravy.........................Elliott
....................Mac..........

We're not gonna fuck around with Trent in midfield from the start in a semi final, when we're already depleted.

Jones doesn't deserve to be dropped, I just expect klopp to rotate, as he has had quite a few small injuries

We're not gonna fuck around with Trent in midfield
It's really not a new concept and Klopp has already opened the door on this being a possibility, nor an "experiment" fans speak of. How many times have we looked better, thus rescuing games when Gomez has come on at RB and Trent moved into midfield?

Trent is and will always be suited to a midfield position in more ways than one, he's proven this to be true since March.

It doesn't quite matter who starts actually. As long as the cavalry is on the bench at least, Klopp is able to make it work.

It's really not a new concept and Klopp has already opened the door on this being a possibility, nor an "experiment" fans speak of. How many times have we looked better, thus rescuing games when Gomez has come on at RB and Trent moved into midfield?

Trent is and will always be suited to a midfield position in more ways than one, he's proven this to be true since March.

Exactly. It's rescuing games. Starting that way removes the option of a plan B if we are struggling, and with us missing important players who can change games, I don't think he wants to play that Ace too early

Exactly. It's rescuing games. Starting that way removes the option of a plan B if we are struggling, and with us missing important players who can change games, I don't think he wants to play that Ace too early

Well it's no different to an impact player like Harvey coming on and changing games, eventually he's gonna get the nod to start.

We've been too ineffective/lacklustre in the first half of games and relied too much on our 2nd halves, start plan A properly and we won't ever need to change it up.

If there's anything that looks like stopping us from winning a trophy (besides the awful refereeing), it's our slow starts. What would've happened had Arsenal took their chances and went 2 up at HT for example?

Well it's no different to an impact player like Harvey coming on and changing games, eventually he's gonna get the nod to start.

We've been too ineffective/lacklustre in the first half of games and relied too much on our 2nd halves, start plan A properly and we won't ever need to change it up.

With injuries and rotation, Harvey probably will start. I'd rather just not mess around too much until we know we're throwing the kitchen sink at their goal.

So far moving Trent mid game has paid dividends; I'd rather wait to see if starting that way also pays similarly

I'd normally want us to go all out and beat them by 5-0 in the first leg, but three days after a gruelling away game against Arsenal?
Klopp has to rotate.

Ali
Trent
Konate
Quansah
Beck
Elliott
Macca
Gravy
Diaz
Jota
Gakpo

He was torn apart at Anfield by them before he then tore them apart when he was moved to midfield.

He was torn apart at Anfield by them before he then tore them apart when he was moved to midfield.

He’s starting position is as a right back.
He’ll start there.

I dont know why people need to make this so difficult. His attacking numbers are top for all full backs and top 5 for all players. From a starting position as a RB. We as a team are flying with the current set up. Keep it. Stop trying to reinvent something just for the sake of it mid season.
We have the option to move him around late in games if needed. Keep that option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom