• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Fulham (H) - EFL Semi - Weds 20:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm disliking the focus on Elliott today. Disliking it immensely.

He was fucking awful, but at the very least he's proven himself at various points this season.

Still waiting for the gravenberch show to turn up, as so far this season he's been fucking muck.

He was great in a couple of the EL games but since then has struggled.

As said earlier in the thread, he's a bit of a shithouse when it comes to tackling / challenging for the ball. I wouldn't mind if he was a sexy #10 elastcoing his way to goal but he's not.

You slag him off every week, nonsensically might I add, I’m in the stands like tonight with thousands of others belting his name more times than anyone else and he came on as a sub!!!

Kuyt never managed 12 assists in his career nevermind after one season.
I think what most people did not notice was the amount of time that Kuyt won the ball back,which started the attack,that lead to the goal, same was true of Tevez. Two turely underated players

I think what most people did not notice was the amount of time that Kuyt won the ball back,which started the attack,that lead to the goal, same was true of Tevez. Two turely underated players
Kuyt wasn't the most clinical forward but his hard work and tenacity made up for it. I think Klopp would have loved to have a player like him on the team.

Looking back, the only thing that was shite with the Mascherano, Alonso, Gerrard, Torres, Kuyt etc team was the fact that we didn't have good enough squad players. Remember all the shit Rafa got from pundits for rotating the squad?
In hindsight those pundits look like complete idiots now.
Rafas issue was he always seemed to rotate in the league to a team that on paper should be just good enough to win and often was found lacking.

Looked a foul to me before he won the ball.
LOL. Literally never in a million years. That right there is a master in the art of using your body to get between ball and man. Palhinha then trips over Mac's trailing leg after Mac's already won the ball back.

Had a very up and down game did Mac, set pieces were terrible.....looked very sluggish trying to stop Pereira drifting past him a few times then he does eye catching things like the above.

I'm disliking the focus on Elliott today. Disliking it immensely.

He was fucking awful, but at the very least he's proven himself at various points this season.

Still waiting for the gravenberch show to turn up, as so far this season he's been fucking muck.

Its similar to the 'Mac at DM' discussion, not his best position but can do ok there. Although Mac is possibly a better DM than Elliot as a right sided forward in our current set up.

I love the kid though, I'd have him part of the midfield but perhaps only when there is a more secure DM behind him.

He was in this role in out 7-0 against United, with Fabs being the rock behind.

Its similar to the 'Mac at DM' discussion, not his best position but can do ok there. Although Mac is possibly a better DM than Elliot as a right sided forward in our current set up.

I love the kid though, I'd have him part of the midfield but perhaps only when there is a more secure DM behind him.

He was in this role in out 7-0 against United, with Fabs being the rock behind.

The Mac at DM discussion I'm done with. We all know it's not his position, and he's unfortunately all we have there. He's, at best, mediocre in that role, but I'm not judging him as it's not fair to.

Elliott for me is a system player, and when the system works, he is excellent. He's always looking for a pass, but last night it wasn't there, as Bradley was reserved and gravy was incognito. So he ended up running down blind alleyways through necessity rather than choice.

I would limit his time out wide now however, mainly because klopps spent 3 years turning him in to a makeshift 8 from a rw; it seems cruel to go "lol, back the wing you go".

If there is one thing you cannot do in a klopp midfield, it's hide.

Tbh at times I felt like pausing the match, looking for the trademarked red and white stripes and playing "Where's Gravy?"

The Mac at DM discussion I'm done with. We all know it's not his position, and he's unfortunately all we have there. He's, at best, mediocre in that role, but I'm not judging him as it's not fair to.

Elliott for me is a system player, and when the system works, he is excellent. He's always looking for a pass, but last night it wasn't there, as Bradley was reserved and gravy was incognito. So he ended up running down blind alleyways through necessity rather than choice.

I would limit his time out wide now however, mainly because klopps spent 3 years turning him in to a makeshift 8 from a rw; it seems cruel to go "lol, back the wing you go".
I don't want to put too much blame on Bradley, I thought he tried to attack and do one-twos with Elliott but maybe that's just me.
It think credit has to go to Fulham's left back Robinson, he's partly the reason Elliott had a bad game, since he doesn't have the pace to really challenge him. Even with a head start.

Last edited:

I think i'm largely in agreement. I love him in the midfield role as he is a player who can unlock a packed defence, has a good shot on him and covers a lot of ground.

I don't want to put too much blame on Bradley, I though he tried to attack and do one-twos with Elliott but maybe that's just me.
It think, credit have to go to Fulham's left back Robinson, he's partly the reason Elliott had a bad game, sine he doesn't have the pace to really challenge him. Even with a head start.

Oh I'm blaming Bradley in no way at all. Huge responsibility on the lad and he played well; arguably within himself.first half, but that was to be expected. We just couldn't get anything going on the right, and I'm laying the blame.more at gravy's door than either of Bradley or Elliotts

He was great in a couple of the EL games but since then has struggled.

As said earlier in the thread, he's a bit of a shithouse when it comes to tackling / challenging for the ball. I wouldn't mind if he was a sexy #10 elastcoing his way to goal but he's not.

@King Binny posted this in the other thread. Statistically he's doing pretty well at winning the ball... although he was crap last night. Most of his best performances have come from the bench though. I think a decent run of games in a consistent position would help him a lot.

H9K2wIL.jpg

I don't want to put too much blame on Bradley, I though he tried to attack and do one-twos with Elliott but maybe that's just me.
It think credit has to go to Fulham's left back Robinson, he's partly the reason Elliott had a bad game, sine he doesn't have the pace to really challenge him. Even with a head start.
Bradley did try and do overlaps and one-twos with Elliot, I didn't think he was tremendously conservative at all (and I watched him very closely all game). I think you're right about the reasons. They're very strong on the left and Robinson is lightening.

I was surprised at how high Bradley played at times, obviously instructed to do so and no compromises to accommodate him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom