• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Man Utd (H) - PL - Tues 20:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has to be Thiago for the MOTM. That was as good as a midfield performance I have seen at Anfield since I started following Liverpool. Maybe even better than Alonso against Norwich. But to be fair to Alonso, his performance was against better opposition.

Yeah, it was a ridiculous performance. Thiago had his doubters and fair enough his injury record isn't the greatest, but I don't think anyone can doubt his quality now.

He's taken our midfield to another level and is another threat that the opposition need to a plan for alongside Mo, Mane, Diaz, Robbo and TAA.

I still can't work out what happened to the United defence for the first goal. It's like their left hand side disolved.
Maguire happened. He has this innate tendency to rush forward in order to close players down. Problem is, he's too slow and he doesn't read the game that well. We scored in the away game due to the same type mistake by Maguire (first goal in OT).
So him stepping out of the backline completely messes up their shape and leaves a gap behind him. A gap that Mane easily exploited.
I'm not saying that a defender isn't allowed to try and close down a player or cut a passing lane, but he damn well has to get it right, because it's a big risk.
Look at when Matip and Van Dijk do it. 99% of the time they're perfectly synced and successful. One covers the other and the fullbacks and Fabinho are on it too.

It's just terrible defending by a £80 mill player.

I noticed this after the goal, had to film it and share it. Maguire, mad about his first mistake, is trying to rally his team mates and makes the same mistake AGAIN!
Luckily there was cover this time, but what the fuck is he doing that high up and on the right side of the pitch?!
Look at the distance he has to run back in order to get back to where he's supposed to be.
He's fucking shite.

Last edited:
Mane and Salah were the players of old. The player that actively looked to set up one another, and as a result the goal are following between the two again, and Daiz is the icing on the cake for me.
For it is a three way battle as to who we play through the middle. Mane, Jota or Bobby. But Diaz should now be the first one considered when choosing someone the start on the left

I still can't work out what happened to the United defence for the first goal. It's like their left hand side disolved.
Dalot was suddenly caught between two stools— he had Alexander Arnold and Salah running at him, with no teammate around or willing to help.

Rangnick has gone from getting some new players in this summer to a full rebuild and 10 new faces, at least.
Utds two head scouts resigned this morning as well.

Nevermind the goal they conceded, but how fucking far have they fallen behind the top clubs. Insane.

278577473_5431306836882128_5703500359213134463_n.jpg

Neville. He was going off about the Glazers and Souness told him it was just a distraction. Truth somewhere in between but Neville couldn’t take being told he was wrong.
I saw that live. Never seen a pundit do that before, I mean come on. Show some professionalism.
That was childish.

Jermaine Beckford needs to get a new job.
This jumped off the screen - from the thinking man's pundit ...

Martin Keown: I know people are saying they haven't really bought but there was nothing really wrong with Liverpool before their injury problems last season. I am backing Klopp to get back the perfection that was there in the two seasons before that, and they can challenge again, no doubt about it.

This jumped off the screen - from the thinking man's pundit ...

Martin Keown: I know people are saying they haven't really bought but there was nothing really wrong with Liverpool before their injury problems last season. I am backing Klopp to get back the perfection that was there in the two seasons before that, and they can challenge again, no doubt about it.

Keown is a decent pundit, some of the banter between him and Simon Jordon on Talkshite is genuinely funny especially since they get so personal when I’m driving.

I saw that live. Never seen a pundit do that before, I mean come on. Show some professionalism.
That was childish.

They all just seem broken now, it's ace.

The thing with the Glazers is that the debt and divis are irrelevant. They've spent a fucking fortune. But them not appearing to give a shit about on-pitch success is highly fucking relevant. They're terrible owners, just not for the reasons people initially expected.

Rangnick has gone from getting some new players in this summer to a full rebuild and 10 new faces, at least.
Utds two head scouts resigned this morning as well.

Nevermind the goal they conceded, but how fucking far have they fallen behind the top clubs. Insane.
Damn. That'll more than likely improve their Summer transfers then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom