• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Newcastle (a) - Sun 16:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reporter said it, I'm just repeating his words.
To what end, though?
The interviewer was incorrect to say that and you parroted it without making it clear what you meant.
You also, previously, claimed he “cut a lonely figure” in a clip from the training centre but, in that same piece of footage, he’s sat with Trent and Curtis, so, hardly isolating himself.

To what end, though?
The interviewer was incorrect to say that and you parroted it without making it clear what you meant.
You also, previously, claimed he “cut a lonely figure” in a clip from the training centre but, in that same piece of footage, he’s sat with Trent and Curtis, so, hardly isolating himself.
We can all have opinions can't we? The reporter clearly thinks the same, that he can't speak any english. Why don't you write in and complain about his assumption if it is such a big deal to you.

We can all have opinions can't we? The reporter clearly thinks the same, that he can't speak any english. Why don't you write in and complain about his assumption if it is such a big deal to you.
Thanks for making your position clear.
This has been most illuminating.

What!!!

At one-nil down; we lose VVD to a red card, now down to 10 men, and we take off a striker (Diaz) for a defender When he sould have taken off TAA who was shite, Or

Endo who was invisable and playing no part in the game.

Klopp then sub's Gakpo and Endo for Jota and Elliot, A striker for a striker, and DM for a Midflieder.

Finally the coin drops and he think "Hey, we need three strikers on the field if we want to get something out of this"

On comes Nunez and we get the 3 points with ten men

I sometimes wonder what goes through Klopps head

A fair sight more than goes through yours I’d imagine.

Speaking some basic English among his own players and team compared to feeling comfortable to conduct a live interview on tv are two very different things though, imho.

Needs to improve his English obviously, but there were signs this summer that he is improving.

He can't receive the ball on half turns, he can't shield the ball, he's not good in possession and he doesn't have a great first touch. It's all well and good when he is strolling in our half under no pressure. But when the pressure is on he can't do it.

As you rightly pointed out he has been caught twice in central positions that have costed us goals. Twice in 3 games. He needs to go back to RB and concentrate solely on his defending instead of trying to do many things to pretend to be a midfielder.

He was at RB in this game though - did you not see it? He never inverted; played in his usual full-back position in a 4-3-3 all game. His mistakes had nothing to do with the midfield experiment.

Speaking some basic English among his own players and team compared to feeling comfortable to conduct a live interview on tv are two very different things though, imho.

Needs to improve his English obviously, but there were signs this summer that he is improving.

Took Firmino until his last season to do an interview in English if I’m not mistaken.

That was the best game of footy I've watched since the last really really good game of footy I watched.
I was actually at that game you mentioned. If you remember you sorted me the tickets. Boss game! :D

Have we ever turned a game around after being 1-0 down and 10 men on the pitch?
I can't think of a game in the past 30 years that we've managed to do it.

My earliest memory of winning a game with 10 men was against Chelsea. I believe it was in the FA cup. Someone got sent off and Garcia scored a beauty from outside the box.
Edit: it was against Everton in the league.

My earliest memory of winning a game with 10 men was against Chelsea. I believe it was in the FA cup. Someone got sent off and Garcia scored a beauty from outside the box.
Funny, I called it to my brother in law on the hour mark. Knew Newcastle had settled and if we got one we'd win. They really, really fucked up badly.

Hopefully those points make a massive difference between us at the end of the season.

I stayed away from the match day thread today because I’m a believer and there is so many non believers I would end up arguing all day.
What a win that was, imagine we finished the game with Quansah and Gomez at centre back, played from 28 minutes with a man less and came from behind to win the game. Delighted Nunez got man of the match and Becker was brilliant also. Klopp definitely has Eddies number.
Some terrible refs decisions against us again today Joelinton seemed to do what he liked and nothing, Trent fouled and gets a yellow card. Two games with 10 men and we get 6 points. :kiss:

Found it:

What happened with Gordon after the final whistle BTW? I had to go right after the game and didn’t see whatever transpired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom