• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Newcastle (a) - Sun 16:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brizzle

Deposed match thread starter
This will be one of our toughest games of the season. Really hope we get Mac back and start at full intensity.

I can’t see how we could play Gakpo in CM for this. Bruno G, Joelinton & Tonali will be all over us and we need full legs & combat in there.

Id go

Ali

Trent
Konate
Virgil
Robbo

Endo
Badger / Jones (if Mac is out)
Szoboszlai

Salah
Jota
Diaz

We're gonna fuck em up, plain and simple. Drown them in all that oil money.

Ali
Ibou Virgil Robbo
Trent Endo
Szobo MacA
Salah Nunez Diaz

We're gonna fuck em up, plain and simple. Drown them in all that oil money.

Ali
Ibou Virgil Robbo
Trent Endo
Szobo MacA
Salah Nunez Diaz

I’d say unless one of the forwards gets injured in training this week, the chances of Nunez starting look somewhere between none and zero.

This will be one of our toughest games of the season. Really hope we get Mac back and start at full intensity.

I can’t see how we could play Gakpo in CM for this. Bruno G, Joelinton & Tonali will be all over us and we need full legs & combat in there.

Id go

Ali

Trent
Konate
Virgil
Robbo

Endo
Badger / Jones (if Mac is out)
Szoboszlai

Salah
Jota
Diaz

Gakpo must start at false 9 for me.

Endo must start. Exactly the kind of game we bought him for.

Expecting a loss so would take a point now.

If Diaz isn’t fit the move Jota yo the left and play Gakpo through the middle as a false 9.

Definitely be starting Endo - it’s a question of who else is fit to play beside Slobbers in midfield with Mac A out (how many games is it - 1 or 3?)

If he’s fit - Curtis is our best option - so we line up :

————— Alisson ————
Trent - Konate - Virgil - Robbo
————— Endo —————
—— Slobbers — Curtis ——
— Salah — Gakpo — Jota —

Works for me.

If Diaz isn’t fit the move Jota yo the left and play Gakpo through the middle as a false 9.

Definitely be starting Endo - it’s a question of who else is fit to play beside Slobbers in midfield with Mac A out (how many games is it - 1 or 3?)

If he’s fit - Curtis is our best option - so we line up :

————— Alisson ————
Trent - Konate - Virgil - Robbo
————— Endo —————
—— Slobbers — Curtis ——
— Salah — Gakpo — Jota —

Works for me.
Not for me. Nunez starts on the left (if Diaz isn't fit to start) because we'll need his pace that Jota lacks. Thiago over Jones every day of the week.

There's a reason why Nunez, despite having a full pre-season under his belt and a few English words in his vocab, isn't starting. Last i remembered, he didn't come cheap did he ?

If he plays, it's only cos there's no other option.

Unless he improves fast, i fear he'll end up like Keita, Ox, and many more....who failed to live up to their potential and promise.

I’m bullish. Shame we might be without Mac but if we get a proper CM in with Endo i think Szobo could be a match winner in the middle for us.

Not for me. Nunez starts on the left (if Diaz isn't fit to start) because we'll need his pace that Jota lacks. Thiago over Jones every day of the week.

Not for me at all - not for this one, though I agree Nunez pace is an asset on the left and Thiago might be good if Nunez was playing there.

Jota is our best presser and his that and his intelligent movement and ability to find space would be essential with Gakpo dropping deep to help out the MF.

Also - if it’s Jota - he’ll invert and Jones is better at dropping out wide and pressing than Thiago.

Thiago will sit a little deeper than Jones and use passing to unlock space rather than movement- which means Robbo will be needing to get further up the pitch our Jota will get isolated.

Besides… Thiago’s dead.

As you should. Shocking decision. Well, not shocking anymore, but well, you get the idea...

You'd think with all the media pressure and former refs coming out and saying he shouldnt have been sent off that we have a decent chance here.

If the panel takes evidence in person from the officials concerned, Tierney and Hatzidakis will do their best to stick it to us. Right decision though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom