• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Newcastle (a) - Sun 16:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
What happened with Gordon after the final whistle BTW? I had to go right after the game and didn’t see whatever transpired.

His dad, Postman Pat, came and picked him up outside the ground so they could go out on their round.

I've got to be honest, I can usually be objective. But Trent was hard done by, VVD's wasn't a red card.

As I say objective. Newcastle were better than us for a lot of that, their midfield was well better than ours.

That's the best I've ever seen Clare Balding play, she was great.

But Nunez, much maligned and rightly so really, they were 2 amazing finishes. Suck it up.

So it seems Gakpo despite being teachers pet and getting the opportunities is now the weakest central attacker in terms of form, he’s barely done anything this season. He has surely lost the starting spot.

Trent’s control is costing us goals, hopefully just a blip but he can’t keep giving the ball away. A couple of really bad ones already this season. The card was very silly too.

Darwin today looked like the guy that played against us in the champions league. Pair of perfect finishes.

Alisson was great

When we drop to ten men the team seems to just go into the zone, everyone becomes really focused. It’s fantastic but can we just do it with eleven men then we’d really have something.

Thought Trent was really good after his mistake that led to the goal. Solid defensively and stepped up when given the armband.
It was his pass and Salah’s flick that set up Jota and Darwin for 1-1.

Need to be on it from the start though.

Appreciate this guy’s Youtube player analysis’, but these ratings among other things show he can be a negative Nancy sometimes or simply doesn’t pay enough attention. 5.5 for Szloboszlai fundamentally misunderstands the amount of dirty work Dom had to go through in this game in order to compensate for a missing player. Same with Alexis. Even when we were under the cosh, you could see how good those two are.

And Joelington was not anywhere close to a 7.

Last edited:
Endo has forgotten what it's like to play football with eleven men.

VVD red card is symptomatic of his decline in pace and ability.

Trent is fucking thick.

Dommy Szoboszlai is fucking brilliant.

I'd lump the Donkey on and hope the chaos causes a Newcastle red card.
Or 3 pts

Thought Trent was really good after his mistake that led to the goal. Solid defensively and stepped up when given the armband.
It was his pass and Salah’s flick that set up Jota and Darwin for 1-1.

Need to be on it from the start though.
Second half much improved, because (for me) his backing off puts Virgil in the position to make that foul.

If anyone didn’t see the post match interview Alisson translated everything for Darwin but then prompted him to speak a bit of English. Darwin responded with “thankyou very much for the support” and everyone laughed their asses off, resulting in this picture.

VVD tackle on Isak was the "lay down a marker" type challenge you make (after we had been bullied for the last couple of mins).

Sadly for him, it was done when he was the last man. And whilst he got the ball, he did make contact with Isak, just before doing so.

I don't think the ref gives him a card if he had sent off TAA earlier. But the ref probably felt like he bottled the TAA sending off, and needed to make up for it.

Having said that, if he had done his job early on and blew for a foul on TAA, he wouldn't have been under pressure so early on to send him off 2 mins later.

A calamitous refereeing performance. Joelinton went through both Szobo/Macca in the middle of the pitch and somehow escaped a card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom