• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Newcastle (a) - Sun 16:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
371801771_690870159740997_3053580903805379102_n.jpg

I think it's more to do with how close the languages are. In Brazil they also get Spanish language TV, Spanish language music etc.
Nunez spent a few seasons in Portugal so he's used to the language although he isn't fluent.
It's like Norwegian and Swedish or Danish and Swedish. Although as a Swede I can't speak Norwegian or Danish, I can understand the gist of what they're saying.
Norwegian 90%, Danish 60-70%.

I had forgotten Nunez played in Portugal before.

I though I saw VVD calling the ref an a hole though. Too much for Sunday league. Likely too little for the PL.

Carra argued that VVD was a bit casual and if he had timed his run better the situation could have been avoided. He should have known that when Gordon came inside he would have looked to make the through ball. It’s a solid argument and it fits in with the argument of VVD being overrated by many. And maybe a little casual/slower at times

He's still the best we have. He's might not be at the same level of before the Pickford incident but he is still a top defender.

Although it's only 3 games in but he is much improved this season than the last I thought.

I think it's more to do with how close the languages are. In Brazil they also get Spanish language TV, Spanish language music etc.
Nunez spent a few seasons in Portugal so he's used to the language although he isn't fluent.
It's like Norwegian and Swedish or Danish and Swedish. Although as a Swede I can't speak Norwegian or Danish, I can understand the gist of what they're saying.
Norwegian 90%, Danish 60-70%.
So a bit like me with Geordies and Scots then.

Carra argued that VVD was a bit casual and if he had timed his run better the situation could have been avoided. He should have known that when Gordon came inside he would have looked to make the through ball. It’s a solid argument and it fits in with the argument of VVD being overrated by many. And maybe a little casual/slower at times

I saw another analysis (BTSport, I think) where they said Van Dijk was forced to watch the other Newcastle player because Robbo was caught the wrong side - he shifted across at the right time, but Isak was too quick and most importantly managed to position his body in a way where you would have to go through him before getting the ball.

I saw another analysis (BTSport, I think) where they said Van Dijk was forced to watch the other Newcastle player because Robbo was caught the wrong side - he shifted across at the right time, but Isak managed to position his body in a way where you would have to go through him before getting the ball.
Carra discussed that too. And his conclusion was that it was Robertsons problem to deal with and VVD should have dealt with his own problem.

Van dijk was out of position, but it was a well worked chance which stemmed from Trent backing off due to his yellow card.

If VVD comes to early, robbo is playing catch up, too late and Isak is through.

There were a litany of errors in that sequence

Carra mentioned that and said that was up to Robbo to cover no? We’ll see if it continues bur everyone gets the right to be human!

I saw another analysis (BTSport, I think) where they said Van Dijk was forced to watch the other Newcastle player because Robbo was caught the wrong side - he shifted across at the right time, but Isak was too quick and most importantly managed to position his body in a way where you would have to go through him before getting the ball.
I thought that at the time too. Robbo was a couple of yards away from where he needed to be from whoever was on Virgil’s blind side (probs Almiron) leaving Virgil doing his best to position himself to be able to react to a ball to either of them.

Isak, who in general didn’t have his best game, was canny enough to see Virgil having to get across quickly and invited contact.

I understand what you're saying but I disagree. There was still quite a lot to do to turn that into a goalscoring opportunity and as far as I know, he's fucking shite and would have made a bollocks of trying to control it. It's not like he was through on goal and can't possibly miss, like super darwin nunez
Ya I don’t think he was clean through either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom