• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Newcastle (H) - 1st Jan 20:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Curtis quietly assuming the role of our most consistent midfielder. Meanwhile Slobby misplaced so many easy passes in dangerous situations that it is starting to become an obvious downturn in form. Who is it calls Curtis a generational talent. Might be onto something.

We're also going to miss Endo, who has grown into an important player for this team.
Steady now, no need to encourage that particular madhead.

Another ridiculous Liverpool Newcastle game.

Thankfully we were largely on top, but it was far closer than it needed to be and yet again this club is taking years off my heart.

Lovely to see Jota back in time for Salah leaving. That really could be crucial come May.

We actually played outstanding.

It was pissing down the whole match. Some fans are just never happy and overly critical.

Our best display of the season.

We played great and incisive football. But a majority of the shots were at dubravka. I don't remember him making a particularly decent save. We were sloppy and we should have won a lot more comfortably.

This prolificacy won't be good when mos off to AFCON.

We played great and incisive football. But a majority of the shots were at dubravka. I don't remember him making a particularly decent save. We were sloppy and we should have won a lot more comfortably.

This prolificacy won't be good when mos off to AFCON.
I think we have enough good players to cover Mo.
A lot of shots were at him but I prefer that than not hitting the target. Look at Gakpo’s goal. First rule, get it on target. It was a miserable night to play football so everyone gets a free pass on shooting.

This game reminded me a of the 4:0 against Leicester a few years back in terms of the amount of chances we created – and in that game we also missed a fuck ton of chances and didn't find our shooting boots until late on. Klopp was elated in the post-match interview about our overall play, he said we created chances from everywhere: in front of the Newcastle defence, behind them and around them. Also said Nunez's role was crucial to "keep the centre-backs together," which created those spaces. Diaz had his best game of the season by a mile, particularly in the 2nd half - let's hope this is a start of something.

Ya I’ve felt Diaz has been getting a raw deal from fans, he’s been injured and went through hell with his dad.

He was unplayable tonight.

This game reminded me a of the 4:0 against Leicester a few years back in terms of the amount of chances we created – and in that game we also missed a fuck ton of chances and didn't find our shooting boots until late on. Klopp was elated in the post-match interview about our overall play, he said we created chances from everywhere: in front of the Newcastle defence, behind them and around them. Also said Nunez's role was crucial to "keep the centre-backs together," which created those spaces. Diaz had his best game of the season by a mile, particularly in the 2nd half - let's hope this is a start of something.

Nah. That was a different level. Leicester was on a run at that time under Rodgers and on form where the third-best team in the league. That was an away game. The goals came late but that was a dominant performance of a different stature. That basically announced to the league that we were serious about winning the league.

Raaaaaaaaatings time.

Ali 6 - No chance with either of the goals, nothing else to do otherwise.
Trent 6 - Average performance, another example where he shows himself to be the weak link in defence. Gomez deserves his chance, or just sign a new RB to play as a RB.
Ibou 7.5 - Take 0.5 off as you could put the first partially down to him with helping Trent out a bit better otherwise thought he was brilliant.
Virgil 8 - World Class.
Gomez 8 - Going from strength to strength, shutting up a lot of us doubters who wanted him gone a long time ago.
Endo 8 - Gonna miss this lad when he’s gone, one of the first names on the team sheet…now looks like he’s gonna have to work his way back.
Szobo 6 - Played his part setting up the first with his trademark striding run but first half he was noticeably poor which you can’t ignore.
Jones 7 - Much more like it, needs to be getting in the box more often as he’s capable of making things happen.
Salah 8 - Was looking like being one of them games from Mo but he came alive to great effect at the end. Too hot for the mags.
Nunez 7 - Much better from him than in recent weeks where he wasn’t getting any chances and got an unselfish assist. Gutted he couldn’t get his goal.
Diaz 7 - Signs of Diaz of old tonight, definitely doesn’t look like a guy short on confidence or lacking in pace.

Jota 8 - Was it a bit of a dive? Wasn’t it? Either way a very positive impact, great to have him back.
Gakpo 7 - Another positive contribution from the bench, did his best to miss mind but involved in some good build up play.
Grav 6 - Didn’t really notice him.
Mac 6.5 - That pass to Jota….

No but he needs a rest anyway. He was sensational at the start of the season and looks a shadow of his former self right now.

He was very good, I don't see what people are on about, since he has started he has been doing a lot of the ball carrying running, covering for Trent, the odd goal, a few incisive passes, and a few missed passes per game. Nothing has changed.

He was very good, I don't see what people are on about, since he has started he has been doing a lot of the ball carrying running, covering for Trent, the odd goal, a few incisive passes, and a few missed passes per game. Nothing has changed.

It's just those few underhit passes he did in quick succession looked very strange and surprising for a player of his technical quality. Other than that, I thought he was very useful; constantly found space and showed great desire and acceleration at a few key plays.

Let’s be honest, we battered them from pillar to post, they were no match for us. On another day maybe without Dubravka having the game of his life, we scored 8.

It's just those few underhit passes he did in quick succession looked very strange and surprising for a player of his technical quality. Other than that, I thought he was very useful; constantly found space and showed great desire and acceleration at a few key plays.
A tight hammy will do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom