• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Spurs (H) - Sat - 19:45

Status
Not open for further replies.
As the old saying goes. He just needs one to go in off his backside. He was OK for me. Mane was the worst of the three.

I still can't fathom why we didn't hook him for Origi for 10 minutes of something different at the end.

As the old saying goes. He just needs one to go in off his backside. He was OK for me. Mane was the worst of the three.

I still can't fathom why we didn't hook him for Origi for 10 minutes of something different at the end.
Thing is, he was shite, scored 2 goals against United, and reverted to shite. I dont think he needs one to fluke in.

If he’s knackered he should be dropped against Villa, play against Chelsea and miss out against Southampton.

[article]“First and foremost we should stop behaving like it is a funeral. In my life much worse things happen. The only chance we have is if something goes our way. Imagine City lose, I can’t see it, but imagine if they do and we lose it [the title] because we don’t believe any more. That would be crazy.”
[/article]

You gotta love Klopp. Away from the microphone he believes.

He hasnt been shite either. But not up to his best standards yesterday.
Mane was poor. But for me the most disapointing thing was Trent and his delivery. It reminded me about several games last season were we just attacked by hoofing in crosses, aimlessly.
Not seen many games like that this season and it surprised me.

You can't blame Salah for last night. They were doubling up on him from the start, so it was up to the rest of the side to use the left much more. Everyone was crying out for it, Diaz was constantly in loads of space, the wrong ball was picked over and over. And whoever decided to back off from Harry Kane for three seconds cost us way more than Salah.

Totally agree he should have been hooked for Origi, was surprised that didn't happen.

Thing is, he was shite, scored 2 goals against United, and reverted to shite. I dont think he needs one to fluke in.

Mo hasn’t been shite. He’s been working hard, wanting the ball and making runs. Any defender that’s directly up against him knows he can’t relax for a moment and is in for a hard game.

Mo just hasn’t been brilliant like we know he can be.

You can't blame Salah for last night. They were doubling up on him from the start, so it was up to the rest of the side to use the left much more. Everyone was crying out for it, Diaz was constantly in loads of space, the wrong ball was picked over and over. And whoever decided to back off from Harry Kane for three seconds cost us way more than Salah.

Totally agree he should have been hooked for Origi, was surprised that didn't happen.
The doubling up was why I'd have hooked Mane over Salah.

But fuck it.. its done.

Trent was shite. Proper shite. Did you see Thiago's face when he Trent couldn't be arsed to move into the direction of his ball?

We need competition at RB badly.

Last edited:
But had we’d taken Salah off and adjusted formation, it would’ve fucked up their tactics.

I don't think we can complain too much about subs, klopp has been brilliant at them lately, and again we equalised a few mins after the first changes. With ten minutes to go I thought we'd win... Just too many slack final balls.

Yeah I'd have brought Origi on but no telling what might have happened. Spurs defended really well. What pissed me off was when we did get a shot on target it exposed just how shit lloris is. I wanted anyone to test him from 30 yards and hope Mane would pick up the spoils. He punches everything, and he punches shit.

it really pissed me off how we didn't take more shots, to force rebounds, when they were camping so deep.
we were looking to pass it into the net
also, we could have done with a big lad in the middle to cause some havoc and scraps to feed off in their box

What is driving me nuts is the media lauding Conte for his 'brilliant' tactics. WTF.

It was no different to most bottom half of the table teams we've faced - albeit they were a lot better organised and remained very compact. 9 - 10 men behind the ball and boot it long and hope for a break, which was exactly how their goal came about - a hopeful hoof to a couple of players on the right who got the right bounce and on it went from there.

What is driving me nuts is the media lauding Conte for his 'brilliant' tactics. WTF.

It was no different to most bottom half of the table teams we've faced - albeit they were a lot better organised and remained very compact. 9 - 10 men behind the ball and boot it long and hope for a break, which was exactly how their goal came about - a hopeful hoof to a couple of players on the right who got the right bounce and on it went from there.
The underdog is always lauded for that. It wasn’t anything special. It was straight out of the Mourinho handbook.

Chelsea are fucking muck. So are Madrid.

We’ll sing songs and Jason will write poems about the sacrifice it’s increasingly looking like you’ll be required to make….

I’ll raise a glass of the finest Chateauneuf in your honour…

how on earth did particularly høyberg, but also royal not get carded for their fouls on thiago and hendo

second half, ref started handing out soft yellows, the idiot

how on earth did particularly høyberg, but also royal not get carded for their fouls on thiago and hendo

second half, ref started handing out soft yellows, the idiot
Fabs should’ve received a yellow earlier than he did.

We’ll sing songs and Jason will write poems about the sacrifice it’s increasingly looking like you’ll be required to make….

I’ll raise a glass of the finest Chateauneuf in your honour…
I spit in the face of your jinx god. Then give him a can of fosters.

Spurs defended brilliantly. It was completely different to a lower side just defending deep. We barely tested lloris because of it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom