• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Rivals : United

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have not had this for a bit

1390727_675514962480352_978498029_n.jpg

Man Utd defender Phil Jones out for up to a month with torn hamstring.

Shame, he's criminally underrated. Any team in the world would miss a player if that calibre.

Physioroom reporting they're without jones, smalling, rafael, shaw - lolz

Media fapping over Man Utd and their 'awesome' display today...

Plllllleaaaassee......

1 point behind us though.. should we start to worry.. ?

Nah....

It'll all depend on how they perform against the top sides. LVG's match planning seems to work best against the clubs that do seek to score goals though, so they could get a fair few points against some sides.

Fuck man scum we will finish higher than them we will click and everything will be great :) YNWA

It'll all depend on how they perform against the top sides. LVG's match planning seems to work best against the clubs that do seek to score goals though, so they could get a fair few points against some sides.

Yes it will - but if they do well and perform well, then we have something very worrying, and it will mean that summer transfer purchases have really not been up to it. So far I am only impressed with out new left/right backs. The rest have not set the world alight, and makes me wonder if we would have been better of to invest the £50M we spent on Markovic and Lallana on a proven world class talent rather than hope for the best on two potentially good players. I was really depressed about our result yesterday - and makes me think that our team may not even make it to the top 4. Vila are shit in my opinion - really shit, I think the other top sides will tear them a new arsehole, if they don't then maybe there is hope for us.

QPR were incredibly shit.

The performance from United was ok, nothing too great.

Not worried tbh as of yet.

That might change if Falcao hits the level he is capable of.

Di Maria oozes class unfortunately. Still can't believe Madrid let him leave.

Their front line should absolutely trounce the dross in the league, they just wont cope. But any team that could actually attack them, they might be right in the shit.
The 4 players that scored today cost them about 150mill, and they have the audacity to say city bought the league.
I think they'll finish top 6.
The press seem to be in their back pocket, so it was inevitable that there was going to be a wankfest the first time they won a game.

Very difficult to judge on an individual performance against shit opposition but we are starting to look better. But bringing Di Maria, Herrera, Rojo and Blind with Falcao on the bench is bound to improve any team.

I think there will be more ups and downs before all the new players settle in. We have zero chance of a title challenge, zero, but I think we are in with a shot for top 4 but as the 3rd favourite behind yourselves and Arsenal.

I was never in any doubt they would win this game convincingly, Im more worried about us than I am about them, weve played 4 games now and SPurs was the only game we looked anywhere near last seasons level. We are level with Arsenal and ahead of Utd so the stuttering start to the season hasnt cost us yet, need to start getting more consistency over the next month, my fear is that European games will be a distraction and we will see alot of squad rotation which will inevitably cost us more points

Mods - please merge with 'Rivals' thread ?

They looked good going forward but who wouldn't with RvP, Facao, Rooney, Mata and Di Maria, who was deservedly MoM and made one insane pass / chip with the outside of his left foot on the run that RvP should have scored from. That aside the 3 - 0 at HT was from just 7 shots and only 3 were on target - all goals ! In many ways the 1st half was a bit like us versus Villa except United's passing and movement was faster and crisper and QPR's defence horrendous, unlike Villa's being well drilled and efficient and Villa also having a far better midfield.

QPR were beyond shite, however the United defence still looked very very dodgy and a better team/players would have had at least 2 goals, there was a complete mess up with an open goal (QPR's #9 perhaps ?), a superb De Gea save with his out-stretched foot and finally Vargas blazing over when through on goal in the 2nd half. Better teams would certainly not have conceded the same goals QPR gave up and would certainly have made them pay at the back. I can see why there is still a lot of talk of United going after Hummels in January.

Di Maria is going to light up the league. Sterling-esque in his influence. Rojo was very quiet but I'd be concerned if I was LvG at the ease with which 2-3 QPR attackers breeched the defence. Blackett will surely be benched sooner rather than later. Falcao didn't do anything except miss a very good chance when he came on ... still ring-rusty though. Blind (deeper) & Herrera (advanced) looked good in midfield but the fact that QPR's MF was totally absent made that a moot point .. United against Chelsea and City next month will be interesting and we'll see how much progress they have made, however this is a team to challenge for Top 4, which is pretty much what we assumed before the season started; Us, Arsenal and United to fight it out for 3rd/4th.

Pretty fair analysis Frog, I had to turn it off at 1-0 because it was clear QPR had no intention of playing football, the promoted sides other make up for their lack of talent with tireless workrate, there was none of that from QPR, they're going to be whipped everywhere away from home. United looked a bit like the Di Maria show from what I saw, not a bad show to be watching, but any switched on manager will be able to shut him down, then United will look very ordinary. They play Spurs soon dont they? That'll be a good test of whether they will challenge this top 4.

Pretty fair analysis Frog, I had to turn it off at 1-0 because it was clear QPR had no intention of playing football, the promoted sides other make up for their lack of talent with tireless workrate, there was none of that from QPR, they're going to be whipped everywhere away from home. United looked a bit like the Di Maria show from what I saw, not a bad show to be watching, but any switched on manager will be able to shut him down, then United will look very ordinary. They play Spurs soon dont they? That'll be a good test of whether they will challenge this top 4.

Our next 4 games are
Leicester (a)
West Ham (h)
Everton (h)
West Brom (a)

We do still look vulnerable at the back, think Rojo will move to CB when Shaw is back and partner Jones when he is back. We will look a little more solid with them playing.

Thought we needed another CB and I still think the same.

Last week we were brilliant and utd shit. Now after one game we can't finish in top 4 and di Maria is Cantona

Pathetic.

Our next 4 games are
Leicester (a)
West Ham (h)
Everton (h)
West Brom (a)

We do still look vulnerable at the back, think Rojo will move to CB when Shaw is back and partner Jones when he is back. We will look a little more solid with them playing.

Thought we needed another CB and I still think the same.

Hmm, must have mixed up Everton and Spurs, I can't believe how easy your start has been, it's outrageous. Leicester have looked good recently, they might test you, however it's when that Everton game comes around that things start getting interesting. That's a pretty dreadful run, and hopefully it'll see you dropping loads of points.

05 Oct 12:00 Gameweek 7 Everton (H)
20 Oct 20:00 Gameweek 8 West Brom (A)
26 Oct 16:00 Gameweek 9 Chelsea (H)
02 Nov 13:30 Gameweek 10 Man City (A)
08 Nov 15:00 Gameweek 11 Crystal Palace (H)
22 Nov 17:30 Gameweek 12 Arsenal (A)

it's threads like these that i feel ashamed to be a liverpool fan.

24 pages cos of one manc scum.

seriously ?!

where is the class ?!

No it is 24 pages because of posters who fail to see that posting in a thread increases the total number of posts in the very same thread.

Sorry if I blew anyone's mind with this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom