• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Rivals : United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frogfish

Gone to Redcafe
As per your suggestion Fabio (so if Sean turns up and slates me you know where I'm pointing the finger) !

This slow start is brilliant considering who they have played and that most commentators thought they'd have 12-15 points after 5 games. They looked utter toss again today. However they are going to improve fast after Burnley and if they make more signings (as expected) then this could be their team very shortly (and I'd expect a change to 4-3-3) :

De Gea, Shaw, Rojo, Evans, Rafael, De Jong, Herrera, Di Maria, RvP, Mata and Rooney.

Much improved though still not brilliant.

The odd thing is I don't know their best team. The weighting is all over the place, and trying to find a balance causes massive sacrifices someone where

They're definitely going to improve, but they need to, because they're crap. They've got no decent defenders. None. If Sunderland had better attackers they could have put a few on a very shaky utd backline. Up front they're obviously very decent, but elsewhere they're very poor.

The odd thing is I don't know their best team. The weighting is all over the place, and trying to find a balance causes massive sacrifices someone where

You're a total cunt Fabio. Haven't you read the memo? The concept of a 'best team' is clearly ludicrous and pernicious.

You're getting merked for this cunt-o-boy.

I think having a thread for each one of these fuckers is a good idea.
Their 'best' player are much overrated, and have been misfiring for some time. That manc comes on here claiming some of their shite is criminally underrated, e.g jones, smalling, cleverly, fletcher, young etc.
None of their starting 11 would make the city or chelski starting 11.
For me, they're about 3-4 players short of a top 4 team. And they have zero pace. Even when di maria comes in, he's not exactly lightening.

Their best 11 going into next week (if everyone was fit etc) would look like this I guess:

...............Teen wolf
Rafael jones Rojo Fatty
.................carrick
..........herrera mata
di maria...................shrek
..................rvp

That team has no pace and an awful defence. I hope they continue panic buying players for the wrong positions, and over paying for average overrated dross.

In the last year or so they've bought:

fellaini - 28mill - more than his release clause was, and he's utter pants
mata - 37mill - a panic buy that has done nothing to look like he's worth the money, playing nothing like he did at chelski even in the no.10 role
herrera - 28mill - a bit of a punt an average midfielder based on last season, didn't set the world on fire
shaw - 27mill - a punt on a young offensive fullback, after one good season, when their defence is decimated at actual defending
di maria - 63mill - a winger madrid want rid of that was good last season but not the one before that, for about 3-4 times what he's worth
rojo - 20mill - a utility defensive player that by all accounts is a liability in much the same fashion as david luiz, hard working but stupid

That's about 200mill spent on not exactly sorting their problems.

Mata was their main player until Belguim kid and Welbeck came on, then he vanished from the game. They will be a lot stronger in a 4-3-3 with Di Maria on the wing, and Shaw back in the team, Rojo at the back, however they'll have to drop one of RVP or Rooney, if they keep trying to shoehorn them into the team, it won't work for them.

They're rumoured to be signing Daley Blind and Nigel De Jong, they will be a much better side if they get them, so I really hope they don't.

They're lucky this team didn't face the start Moyes had last year.
I'm glad they didn't to be honest, they've dropped 5 points from games they should have got 6 from, it's only going to get harder for them, the first decent team they play is Spurs, at this rate, Spurs will take them apart.

Never one to wish an injury on a player(⬅︎that might not be true), I'm gonna have to work hard to hold in my giggle when Di Maria meets the likes of Shawcross, amongst others.

They're lucky this team didn't face the start Moyes had last year.

Or you could say that by the time things are sorted out they'll be in the thick of a horrible run of fixtures.

They need to get points in this run. If they fall behind now they'll be cut adrift by Xmas.

Just heard that Rojo is facing a potential court appearance for a bottle attack on one of his neighbours :eek:

Im a live and let live kinda cat, but it has to be said there is far too fucking much Man U chat on here these days. Signings, manager, sponsors, ceo, finances etc etc.
Fuck those cunts.

If i get 100 likes for this i'll curl a shit into my hand and throw it at their team bus when they play in London next.

Why will they be a much better side with de Jong and Daley blind? Ones shit and pure anti football and the other a meh player who had a half Decent world cup?

De Jong and Blind are squad players at teams as big as the scum, but at the moment, they'll walk into the starting 11 it's that poor.

*Screams* .... FABIO !!!!

TBH - Liverpool do not exist in a bubble. Our direct rivals are very much an integral part of anything to do with LFC. We should be discussing / debating their pros/cons/news/transfers. At least if you are a fan of football, as well as Liverpool FC. If not .... well then the title of this thread tells you 'Do Not Enter'.

Fabs - maybe the title should just be 'Rivals' so that anything on United/Arsenal/Chelsea/City/Spurs/Everton could be in here ?

Or bus wankers..
image.jpg

*Screams* .... FABIO !!!!

TBH - Liverpool do not exist in a bubble. Our direct rivals are very much an integral part of anything to do with LFC. We should be discussing / debating their pros/cons/news/transfers. At least if you are a fan of football, as well as Liverpool FC. If not .... well then the title of this thread tells you 'Do Not Enter'.

Fabs - maybe the title should just be 'Rivals' so that anything on United/Arsenal/Chelsea/City/Spurs/Everton could be in here ?
Nah

This one can stay.

It will either be a source of constant funnies, or a thread of decent discussion

Why will they be a much better side with de Jong and Daley blind? Ones shit and pure anti football and the other a meh player who had a half Decent world cup?
De Jong would help that midfield, it would give them some presence.

However they are going to improve fast after Burnley...

Why so sure..? I see nothing to suggest that this is merely the slow start of a sleeping giant. DiMaria will make them better going forward of course, but between the keeper and those (then) four marvelous attackers, there are six muppets who aren't good enough to play for manu.

We should be starting a City or Chelsea 'rivals' thread before wasting forum space on this shower of shite.

Why so sure..? I see nothing to suggest that this is merely the slow start of a sleeping giant. DiMaria will make them better going forward of course, but between the keeper and those (then) four marvelous attackers, there are six muppets who aren't good enough to play for manu.

They currently have 9 out injured inc. Evans, Carrick, Herrera, Shaw and for most of the match today, Smalling, add in Di Maria and the two supposed new signings next week and their team will be much stronger than in the first two matches.

Those threads would be fairly short though, due to them both being pretty good and having a lot of good players. The scum on the other hand have issues all over the place and are currently a laughing stock after last season.

I hope they are as awful as everyone is making out but somehow I feel they're being written off prematurely.

As said, they've got a fair few out injured at the moment and if they get Di Maria (who appears to be very underrated on here) and a couple others they will be a lot stronger than the last couple showings.

It is going to be a tough season for us.

It will take LVG a good chunk of the season to get us playing winning football again and 4th will most likely be well out of range at that stage.

But the most pressing issue is the lack of quality in central midfield and central defense.
But to me the biggest problem is central midfield. Get someone of real quality in there and the defense will look a whole lot better.

Evans is a solid CB and not sure what Rojo will be like yet. But if anything you proved you don't have to world class CB to be competitive.

With Di Maria all but signed it may mean rotation of Rooney, RVP and Mata but we will have to see we intend to fit them all in.

They currently have 9 out injured inc. Evans, Carrick, Herrera, Shaw and for most of the match today, Smalling, add in Di Maria and the two supposed new signings next week and their team will be much stronger than in the first two matches.

Understand your point, but none of those names read like Vidic, Scholes, Keane, Irwin or Van Nistleroy, do they? But, sure... Much better? Debatable...

I hope they are as awful as everyone is making out but somehow I feel they're being written off prematurely.

As said, they've got a fair few out injured at the moment and if they get Di Maria (who appears to be very underrated on here) and a couple others they will be a lot stronger than the last couple showings.

I can understand the note of caution because the mood in here does look like people setting themselves up for a fall.

Utd are in a fair mess right now but what would really concern me if I were a fan would be the age of their best players, and what that might mean for them if they don't get back in the CL in the next two years. How many good players have they got of 25 and under?

Ander Herrera
Phil Jones
Luke Shaw
Adnan Januzaz
David De Gea
Marcos Rojo

That's it, 6 players. How many have we got?

Alberto Moreno
Dejan Lovren
Tiago Ilori
Mammadou Sakho
Emre Can
Joe Allen
Jordan Henderson
Lazar Markovic
Raheem Sterling
Phillipe Coutinho
Daniel Sturridge
Divock Origi
Mario Balotelli

That's 13 players. More than double what they have. Many of those are among our best players already. Clearly, we're stronger than they are and the gap will widen over the next 5 years. If in addition to that we get a £100m or so boost to our spending with 2 CL qualifications over them, then we'll have enough to maintain that gap regardless of the stupid money they throw at players who'd really rather be in the CL.

IMO if they don't effect a major turnaround within two years, the pattern will be set for the next decade. And what applies to the trend between us and Utd applies just as much to those between them and City, Chelsea, and Arsenal.

How's that for hubris?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom