• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Rugby World Cup

And yet we should have beaten the world champions when we got there.

How? England played their ground game to perfection, boring and stifling. SA's coach flexed his squad to accommodate that and won.

SA's coach adapted his team to the game England forced and won it. A lot made of taking the stand-off after 30 mins, taking Kolisi off, taking Etzebeth off. But, he won. Superb coaching. England had 1 game plan, kill the game. It nearly won, but didn't.

They passed the ball tonight against the Argies for a bit and it paid dividends. Until the Argies started came back and they reverted to type. And let them back in.

England need a re-think. The likes of NZ, SA, Ireland, France don't play like that anymore, England are out-dated. Finishing 3rd, great. They're not going to win it like that.

I happen to agree about England's overall approach and I'm actually not convinced Borthwick will necessarily survive long in the job. What I was referring to was the fact that, without Farrell mouthing off in the first half, S.Africa don't get their first penalty and England win by two points even with Erasmus' smart decisions.

Going to be a cracker tonight!

Think the All Blacks might have to change tactics from their last two games. I just can't see them being able to hold out defensively in their own 22 tonight, as often as they did against Ireland/Argentina.

Territory based game, with the All Blacks backline proving the difference.

Backing the AB''s by 7+

Some have suggested - Welshmen prominent among them - that England ran S.Africa so close at least partly because the Boks were worn down by their heavier schedule. If that turns out to be a factor against the All Blacks, who have had a longer rest, could the Saffers end up losing by more?

Well the bookies have it very close (1 point advantage for the AB's). I'm not buying into this tiredness talk.

Wayne Barnes reffing will have an impact.......I'm expecting the South Africans to get pinged a lot more tonight.

World cup final ruined!

South African player changes direction quickly, with his knees close to the ground and then gets caught high by the player he steps in to.......

Its a rugby incident, but under the new laws it's a yellow at most!

Is that a fair red though?

I don't like feeling confident... boks don't do well in that world

Not for me mate. There was a lot of mitigating factors as to why he got caught high.

I'm not fussed who wins, but that stupid decision has just potentially spoilt this.

Not for me mate. There was a lot of mitigating factors as to why he got caught high.

I'm not fussed who wins, but that stupid decision has just potentially spoilt this.

I thought if he was coming lower, there would be no issue. But I cannot complain ....

We've been brilliant tackling so far ... considering how poor we were against France and England in the first 10 minutes, I was surprised at how we started ...

Yeah, thought your boys started really well and have dominated the collisions. Unless you lose your discipline, there's only one winner here now.

Tense at the end but not exactly a classic.

What was the point in New Zealand beating Ireland if they were just going to choke in the final?

That was stressful!
Nice way for this team to go out though. Big rebuild coming up.

Not the greatest game for the neutral, but I suppose finals never really are.

Thought Wayne Barnes was quite good tonight.

That was stressful!

Will be tough but with rassie, we should be ok

Tense at the end but not exactly a classic.

What was the point in New Zealand beating Ireland if they were just going to choke in the final?

They didn't. They were robbed of their skipper and S.Africa can strangle the life out of any game even against a full 15 men.

That was stressful!

Well done die Bokke.

And yes, Barnes had one of his good games. He can be dreadful on occasions but last night wasn't one of them.

I incidentally watched 'Chasing the Sun' last week it was a formidable watch.

Maybe they did something similar this year?

Bland. To be honest. SA have won 3 WCs without scoring a try.

They're a great outfit SA. But there was only 1 team playing rugby there.

A fairly forgettable tourno IMO. But better than no rugby I suppose.

Bland. To be honest. SA have won 3 WCs without scoring a try.

They're a great outfit SA. But there was only 1 team playing rugby there.

A fairly forgettable tourno IMO. But better than no rugby I suppose.

If they would have persisted with the hapless Libbok they would have crashed out early.

Pollard saved them.

Back
Top Bottom