• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • Repeating an offer I made a while ago. If anyone wants me to change their username then just DM me (@Dee)

Rumour mill

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote author=the count link=topic=44988.msg1338841#msg1338841 date=1306322527]
[quote author=Sunny link=topic=44988.msg1338839#msg1338839 date=1306322477]
I've no idea why people are panicking. Stop panicking !
[/quote]It's Avvy.
That's what he does best 😉
[/quote]

Someone's gonna get stuffed into my mailbox if he isnt careful

[quote author=Avvy link=topic=44988.msg1338859#msg1338859 date=1306325990]
[quote author=the count link=topic=44988.msg1338841#msg1338841 date=1306322527]
[quote author=Sunny link=topic=44988.msg1338839#msg1338839 date=1306322477]
I've no idea why people are panicking. Stop panicking !
[/quote]It's Avvy.
That's what he does best 😉
[/quote]

Someone's gonna get stuffed into my mailbox if he isnt careful
[/quote]Yea, you will be watching for me to be stuffed through your mailbox for ages and when it happens you will say that you knew it was going to happen all along and weren't worried about it 😀

Blackpool activate option for a further 12 months on contract of Charlie Adam.

Guess that'll put his price up by a few quid.

Before anyone fall for the "Liverpool Argee Deal for £25m Portuguese Sensation" headline, the source which SportsVibe quoted from - Portuguese publication Correio da Manha, reported the club as Real Madrid, with the fee raising to 30m based on achievements and appearances and that Garay was initially offered to lower the fee but rejected by Benfica.

http://www.sportsvibe.co.uk/news/football/liverpool-argee-deal-for-25m-portuguese-sensation/

Original article here: http://www.cmjornal.xl.pt/detalhe/noticias/sport/benfica/coentrao-lateral-vai-ser-do-real-madrid224518643

[quote author=Bradley link=topic=44988.msg1338905#msg1338905 date=1306337151]
Blackpool activate option for a further 12 months on contract of Charlie Adam.

Guess that'll put his price up by a few quid.
[/quote]
They've offered 12 extra months, as they have with several other players. Doubt he'll agree though.

My Juve-supporting sources know nothing about any supposed interest from them. This could mean Juve aren't going to compete with us for Elia, or it could suggest the whole "story" is BS. I'm keeping my chicken-counter under wraps for now.

ESPN

The agent of Alberto Aquilani believes his client's future will be decided next week.

Aquilani has spent this season on loan at Juventus from Liverpool, but the Turin giants failed to exercise their first buy-out option to sign the 26-year-old on a permanent basis, which expired last weekend.

"The percentage that Aquilani will remain at Juve is above 50%,'' said Aquilani's agent Franco Zavaglia to Gazzetta dello Sport. "He has three years left on his contract with Liverpool.

"I believe that in a couple of days the two clubs will reach an agreement.''

Juve, who have failed to qualify for European football next season after finishing seventh in Serie A, had refused to pay the asking price of £16 million demanded by the Reds for the player's permanent signature. However, Zavaglia is confident an agreement will be reached.

"Juve should have paid 16 million for the buy-out clause but I don't think there will be any problems regarding the financial aspects,'' said Zavaglia. "I believe within the next week everything will be resolved.''

Re: Re: Rumour mill

Please bring him back. I like him and gives us a good option

Plus we seem to like funny looking players

He should unless we attract an acceptable sum, which I believe is in the £10-11M bracket.

Anything less and we're selling ourselves short.

10 million is already selling ourselves short; webought him at 17 million and he's been excellent for Juventus.

Thde problem is convincing him to come back, which is why the Old Cunt thinks it's holding all the cards

[quote author=Avvy link=topic=44988.msg1339049#msg1339049 date=1306363324]
10 million is already selling ourselves short; webought him at 17 million and he's been excellent for Juventus
Thde problem is convincing him to come back, which is why the Old Cunt thinks it's holding all the cards
[/quote]

I don't expect other teams to care that we overspent on him, and we don't need to convince him of anything.

We might not be his preference, but we weren't Xabi Alonso's either after that whole saga, and look at what he delivered in his final year.

Aquilani was "excellent" for Juventus about as many times as Jay Spearing was for us, hopefully he fucks off for a decent amount

[quote author=Squiggles link=topic=44988.msg1339058#msg1339058 date=1306367880]
[quote author=Avvy link=topic=44988.msg1339049#msg1339049 date=1306363324]
10 million is already selling ourselves short; webought him at 17 million and he's been excellent for Juventus
[/quote]

I don't expect other teams to care that we overspent on him, and we don't need to convince him of anything.

We might not be his preference, but we weren't Xabi Alonso's either after that whole saga, and look at what he delivered in his final year.
[/quote]

He's never going to do a Xabi though.

Perhaps not, but the point is he can still be very useful for us, even if we're not his first choice.

He's a hell of a lot better than Joe Cole - that's for sure.

From the Mirror

Liverpool have been rebuffed in their first move for Spanish defender Jose Enrique.

However, his club, Newcastle, are resigned to losing the highly-rated full-back, after he indicated he will not sign a new contract and wants a move from St James' Park.

Reds boss Kenny Dalglish is a big admirer of Enrique, who has made a huge impression on the Premier League this season.

The Anfield outfit are thought to be prepared to offer in the region of £4million for the 25-year-old, and have made an informal approach for his services.

Newcastle are not interested in doing business at that price, and have made clear to all potential suitors they value the Spaniard in the region of £15m.

But the left-back has just one year left on his contract and is refusing to talk about a new deal. Magpies boss Alan Pardew admits the player has his sights on a move.

Speaking this week, Pardew conceded Enrique may be allowed to leave:

"There’s no point keeping a player who has set his sights on a club he has perceived is bigger," he said. "You can’t keep a player that’s unmotivated.â€

The £15m asking price is clearly unrealistic given the amount of time remaining on the deal Enrique signed when he joined Newcastle from Villarreal in 2007.

Liverpool believe £4m is a fair offer, as it would allow the Magpies to recoup most of the fee they paid for the Spain Under-21 international.

Negotiations will now begin in earnest, with Pardew determined to push the fee up as high as possible.

There is a sense of anger at St James' Park, with the suspicion that Enrique has already decided on a move to Anfield.

The player will make clear over the coming weeks that he wants to further his career by moving to a club with genuine Champions League aspirations, and Liverpool clearly fit the bill.

Dalglish has had a left-back high on his list of priorities since returning to the club in January.

He has also kept a close watch on Celtic's Emilio Izaguirre and Maynor Figueroa of Wigan.

Honduras international Izaguirre is aware of the Anfield interest.

Voted player of the year in Scotland this season after a series of outstanding performances, he admitted he would be interested in a move south of the border.

“This is flattering to any player, that Liverpool shows an interest in your services. I still do not know anything - I have left everything in the hands of my agent and club officials,†he said.

Dalglish will try to pursue a deal with Newcastle over Enrique, but it is increasingly obvious he will turn to Izaguirre if the Geordies continue to be unrealistic in their valuation of the Spaniard.

[quote author=DHSC link=topic=44988.msg1339093#msg1339093 date=1306389520]
4m seems like an ok deal.
[/quote]I dont really want Enrique but 4m is a derisory offer.

Good stuff.

We very often hear that all we need to see is massive spending on players; I've always thought that was bullshit because the problem was that our scouting was shit and all we were good at was getting in plodding jorneymen whom we hoped could do a job.

(That was often an argument on RAWK; it's actually a very good and informative site..but I despise the superiority complex afflicting so many on there; if anyone thinks the OOT debate is a pointless one on here, check out Rawk)

Anyway, it was (and is) far more important to get the scouting improved, to beef up youth development and to place greater emphasis on commercial revenue generation, something we've seen over the past few years under Rafa and which seems to be improving under the new owners. I do think though that the owners have to send a good bit of money THIS window, and only in this window..there is a strong sense of expectation amongst the fans who've seen so little over the past few seasons to cheer about.

After near oblivion and the return of Kenny there is a strong sense of belief in the squad again; but this isnt going to last if we don't strengthen significantly THIS window. If we had stolen a march on the Scum by quickly spending 40 million on say 2 top quality players in key positions this would have sent a strong signal to football teams everywhere that Liverpool meant business, and more importantly that we were back.

It would also show that Liverpool realised that this would take a long process to claw our way back to where we belong, and that we were perfectly able to show patience whilst rebuilding a team slowly and strongly. The cunt up the road got to where he is by successfully bringing in a crop of quality youngsters supplemented by a few shrewd buys here and there, and he gets lauded and knighted for essentially stealing a page out of a far better manager's book.. Still, he did do it.

It's time we did the same; and yes, it is still early days...but I do feel that possibly we've missed a trick here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom