• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Sack Race:: Klopp vs Potter vs Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Except we are not debating sacking Klopp. Look at the responses to the original post. It is obvious that one side is pummeling the others and there is zero interest in firing Klopp.

Posts like this that pick an extreme view shared by very few posters and somehow pass them on as being representative of the members of this forum is also not helpful.
Mate - there have been a handful saying it wouldn't be a bad thing. Look at 6 Times in this Sack post. What is the point of even starting it?

Mate - there have been a handful saying it wouldn't be a bad thing. Look at 6 Times in this Sack post. What is the point of even starting it?

I have no clue why 6 Times started it. But look at the reaction from everyone. Look at the reaction to rurik's post.

If you look at any issue, there will be someone in a group or faction who shares an extreme view. But you can't generalize that extreme view to the entire faction.

You can't glibly state we are debating firing Klopp when close to 95 or an even higher proportion of posters don't want that. Doing that kind of generalization is as dangerous as the original extreme view.

By the way, I am also not admonishing 6 Times for starting this thread. That is his right.

He's a notorious fickle gobshite though with zero respect for managers or a shred of decency or loyalty. Just look at how pathetic he was over BR when he was on the ropes and then how he proceeded to ram "Klopp is a proper manager" down everyones throats when he joined, only to then be the first to say he should be sacked, within 18 months to 2yrs of his reign. He's like every Twitter twat rolled into one modern era, disloyal, sellout cunt.

There was no knee-jerk reaction in this thread..
I haven't said we should sack him

But people thinking Klopp is unsackable need to give their head a wobble

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind, if we don't qualify for the champions League, and he starts the following season as bad as we did this, he will be gone..

He may even go before. Golden handshake as it where.. mutual agreement..

The owners are trying for investment and even looking to sell... Not being in the champions League will effect that value tenfold, alongside commercial/ sponsorship deals which would take a hammering without CL qualification.

What's going on right now is very similar to what happened at the end of Rafas reign.. yes the club is much better shape financially to a degree. But without investment we are at risk be cosigned to also rans, yet again. Without CL football, it will cement that.. particulary with the rise of Newcastle, Arsenal and now UTD .

Club internals where in turmoil under Rafa.... it appears history maybe repeating itself here in parts..

Liverpool football club is a business. 1st. Football club 2nd..

Last edited:
We'll be a less attractive option without Klopp, isn't it? Despite/Especially because of the downward spiral we are in.

Except we are not debating sacking Klopp. Look at the responses to the original post. It is obvious that one side is pummeling the others and there is zero interest in firing Klopp.

Posts like this that pick an extreme view shared by very few posters and somehow pass them on as being representative of the members of this forum is also not helpful.
You might not, but plenty are sticking the knife into Klopp. If the Brighton defeat means the lizards open the cheaque book then we have chance to grab top 4

There was no knee-jerk reaction in this thread..
I haven't said we should sack him

But people thinking Klopp is unsackable need to give their head a wobble

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind, if we don't qualify for the champions League, and he starts the following season as bad as we did this, he will be gone..

He may even go before. Golden handshake as it where.. mutual agreement..

The owners are trying for investment and even looking to sell... Not being in the champions League will effect that value tenfold, alongside commercial/ sponsorship deals which would take a hammering without CL qualification.

You say that about FSG wanting Champions League football but there's not much evidence that's the case from the money they make available for improving the team

Hasn't everyone at the club left already? It's Klopp, Pep, and the owners. And the owners are trying to get out too.

Last one left, turn out the lights please.

Pep won’t last long. He’s gonna get lynched by some psycho fans.

7-12 months ago journalists and fans were debating where this Liverpool team would be placed amongst the great Liverpool teams.

7 -12 months later we are debating sacking Klopp?

When did we turn into Chelsea/Arsenal?

Klopp will probably walk at the end of the season.

I dont know. The book just makes me feel that he has lost a bit of focus and believing his own hype.
Dont think he’s a scapegoat but maybe its time for him to be an unsuccessfull manager again.
We need an assistent manager that is fully focused and maybe some new ideas would give Klopp some refreshing thoughts when building a new team.
Do you hear so much chatter about other assistent managers? No. Maybe its gotten a bit to friendly and smiles and hugs. Maybe Klopp needs a new nr 2.

I dont know. I want Klopp and the club to be successfull again and something isnt working.

There definitely is an element of him trying to kick start his managerial career with that book, giving interviews, trying to make himself visible, etc.

You say that about FSG wanting Champions League football but there's not much evidence that's the case from the money they make available for improving the team
They probably felt investment needed was minimum, during the selling period. Let be honest here, we missed out on the quad by 2 games

Very rare teams are invested in when they generally go up for sale

Like that with any business tbf..

Last edited:
Klopp isn’t unsackable, no manager is.

However I want him given more time than any manager I can remember in my lifetime.

I’d happily wait for 2/3 years for us to go again.

Without Klopp it feels like it could be a lot longer for us to return.

Klopp isn’t unsackable, no manager is.

However I want him given more time than any manager I can remember in my lifetime.

I’d happily wait for 2/3 years for us to go again.

Without Klopp it feels like it could be a lot longer for us to return.

True but he should be considering what he's done for the club and what he's done it with.

Still think he'll walk though at the end of the season, if not sooner.

You might not, but plenty are sticking the knife into Klopp. If the Brighton defeat means the lizards open the cheque book then we have chance to grab top 4

They won't open the cheque book because of one defeat, even though it's clear we are fucked. They're selling, so they won't invest heavily and anything approaching a transfer now would appear as panic stricken as it did when we went out and loaned that dud from Italy in the Summer. That was a fucking disgrace, after having such a successful season, again.

FSG need to go, we've stagnated and then regressed. You win the CL and the league, as a manager your just reward should be to benefit from the prize money it brings in. He then went and added two domestic cups last season and had to settle for pisstake barrel scraping on the last day of the transfer window. If it wasn't for the improvement to the stadium and Klopp working miracles, the cunts would have been lynched years ago. It's a disgrace they've let things fall this far and been allowed to, because they've been lucky to have a manager who a) won't kick up a fuss and b) has dragged every last ounce of quality out of a fairly limited and small squad.

Klopp isn't the problem. Newcastle, City, Chelsea and United are all throwing money all over the shop, while a much improved Arsenal lead the way, so any takeover has it all to prove. At the minute it just feels like we're selling to any rich state that will have us, ignoring our ethos and ethics for a quick slice of what everyone else is having. Meanwhile a few bellends are stepping into the "no manager is unsackable" argument, when the poor cunt has dragged this club above and beyond where we should have been with such self serving pricks at the helm. Some of our fans make me cringe at times. Get behind the manager, because it's probably the first time he's needed a helping hand, and it's going to get worse before it gets better.

Last edited:
Newcastle, City, Chelsea and United are all throwing money all over the shop

Newcastle - they haven't. Their run to top 4 has been incredible - smart investments, and a team that is tough to score against and seems to need 2-3 stars and they'll be a league contender.

United - Don't think it's fair to classify them like City or Chelsea ... They've 'earned' the right to spend based on their success ...

The fact we've sent in 5 years what Chelsea have in 6 months is the issue ...

Newcastle - they haven't. Their run to top 4 has been incredible - smart investments, and a team that is tough to score against and seems to need 2-3 stars and they'll be a league contender.

United - Don't think it's fair to classify them like City or Chelsea ... They've 'earned' the right to spend based on their success ...

The fact we've sent in 5 years what Chelsea have in 6 months is the issue ...

Well it's not really is it, and I wasn't addressing the reasons why teams are spending. United have earned the right to based on years of success, but in recent years they haven't accumulated nearly as much prize money as we have. The issue is there are probably 7-8 very good sides to compete with - people seem to be of the assumption that spending a bit will be a quick fix, it's not that clear cut. Also bringing in a huge investor doesn't guarantee anything. Look at City this season. Most people rightly thought that Haaland's goals meant they would wipe the floor with the rest of the league, meanwhile Arsenal have more or less appeared and capitalised out of nowhere. We have it all to do in terms of rebuilding and regardless of money and whatever, it's not an overnight thing. Klopp needs to stay for us to maintain that stability while everything else is in chaos. He also needs to stay because he's earned every right to, we've had more good times than bad and he more than deserves the support of a couple of seasons to get it right.

And I'm not being all happy clappy super-fan about it, he deserves criticism when it's warranted, and of late it has been, but people need to look at the wider picture and not get all trigger happy as soon as we hit a bad patch. We've had a board that's dragged it's feet, and as a result it's forced some difficult decisions that haven't gone our way, but we've had rotten luck with injuries too and the upheaval with Ward and Edwards hasn't helped either. Amidst all that uncertainty Klopp has done his best to keep a steady ship, but he needs a hand, he needs support and he needs the time to get it right again. We get rid of Klopp and we'll be kicking ourselves for years.

And I'm not being all happy clappy super-fan about it, he deserves criticism when it's warranted, and of late it has been, but people need to look at the wider picture and not get all trigger happy as soon as we hit a bad patch. We've had a board that's dragged it's feet, and as a result it's forced some difficult decisions that haven't gone our way, but we've had rotten luck with injuries too and the upheaval with Ward and Edwards hasn't helped either. Amidst all that uncertainty Klopp has done his best to keep a steady ship, but he needs a hand, he needs support and he needs the time to get it right again. We get rid of Klopp and we'll be kicking ourselves for years.

I couldn't agree more ... Klopp deserves a lot of stick for his stubbornness with many decisions, but overall, he's done more than any manager of his generation could have done imo with this team ... I think once he goes - we will struggle to be as relevant as he was a large part of a phenomenal run where everything seemed to go well.

I think it was Peekay who showed me how much regret Dortmund had for letting Klopp go after year 7 ... I think we should think very very carefully - regardless of where we finish this year - if we want to take that risk. The players still play for him - it's obvious, they just cannot do it anymore. Refresh the team, and I hope we can show some of these arrogant fucks - Ten Hag, Arteta etc - what we're about again.

Hey, team? Remember when your blood sweat and tears cause us to win with shocking levels of energy and then we didn't really strengthen, and then we won again and then we didn't really strengthen?

Well. I know we are really in need of strengthening now, but we are going to wait a few months. Now get out there and show some fucking urgency! It's like you aren't even trying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom