• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • Repeating an offer I made a while ago. If anyone wants me to change their username then just DM me (@Dee)

Salah’s future

Would you sell Salah next season?

• Total voters
I'll say the unspoken part out loud.

Olise is the best RW out there but he isn't going to come here to play behind Salah for a season when Man Utd and others are qeueing up to suck his dick. So it's now or never for them.

Could say the same about Rodrygo / Kudus.

I think will be minimum 4 right regardless? even if we play 2 up front.
We have CL next season with additional group games, are you really expecting us to spend big money on a top-caliber forward who is going to really demand that amount of games? Slot or not, it's not going to happen in my view.
Probably 4. With Danns being one of the backup from 5th place.

I really have no idea how Slot will set up and whether we need Salah, Nunez, Gakpo, Jota and Diaz. That’s without considering if he would have a more play lots of 10s philosophy which could be Elliott, Mac, SoBoss and whoever else.

I wouldn’t want us to spend money on someone who will accept starting just 10 games this coming season. I want someone who will be wanting to start 40 or 50 games. We can’t put hopes on someone who may get good enough after a season but to eventually hinder his own development for the sake of keeping Salah happy.

Isn't that same thing?
They can't accept they will play behind a club legend for a season? they can fck off then, I don't see us signing anyone of that attitude.
On the flip side, I wouldn’t want us to keep a club legend who doesn’t realise he can’t play every game and needs to be taken out of the side when the time comes.

Playing behind someone is different to rotation, if you have Olise who comes and demands ahead of another player than his attitude would be at question here.
There is more than enough games to go around, Rodrygo isn't coming and Kudus I bet would come to be rotated. Diaz came to be rotated, Darwin came and same for Gakpo.

Diaz went straight into the first team didn’t he? I have no idea on the plan for Nunez or Gakpo. Doesn’t seem like the club did either.

Probably 4. With Danns being one of the backup from 5th place.

I really have no idea how Slot will set up and whether we need Salah, Nunez, Gakpo, Jota and Diaz. That’s without considering if he would have a more play lots of 10s philosophy which could be Elliott, Mac, SoBoss and whoever else.

I wouldn’t want us to spend money on someone who will accept starting just 10 games this coming season. I want someone who will be wanting to start 40 or 50 games. We can’t put hopes on someone who may get good enough after a season but to eventually hinder his own development for the sake of keeping Salah happy.

On the flip side, I wouldn’t want us to keep a club legend who doesn’t realise he can’t play every game and needs to be taken out of the side when the time comes.
It will not be 10 games, our reserves will get around that.
I know you don't want to keep a club legend around but like I said, he is going to stay next season I assume it looks like whether you like it or not. So we need to look at it objectively about how we sign a RW player which we haven't done for how many years now? and plan for the future.

Diaz went straight into the first team didn’t he? I have no idea on the plan for Nunez or Gakpo. Doesn’t seem like the club did either.
Only because they moved Mane to the middle and I think Mane and Salah were at Afcon in Jan when we signed Diaz over Dec right?

I know you don't want to keep a club legend around but like I said, he is going to stay next season I assume it looks like whether you like it or not. So we need to look at it objectively about how we sign a RW player which we haven't done for how many years now? and plan for the future.
I see it Ward has 2 options. Sign a right winger for next season and he has to be good enough to push Salah out of the side. Or, don’t get one for the coming season and see it as a next summer problem.

Only because they moved Mane to the middle and I think Mane and Salah were at Afcon in Jan when we signed Diaz over Dec right?
Mane was moved into the middle. Probably because he legs had gone by then and couldn’t beat a man if I remember right. Mane only missed Diaz’s debut against Leicester and both played more than 60 minutes in the vast majority of games till the end of the season.

Isn't that same thing?
They can't accept they will play behind a club legend for a season? they can fck off then, I don't see us signing anyone of that attitude.

It's not the same thing.

It's workable if you're signing an 18 year old from Brazil or something like that who will need time to transition.

If you're looking to sign a very good player in his early 20's who likely has options, he needs to play... and will likely have alternative options that can offer him starting status. I don't think that not wanting to play second fiddle at a crucial stage of your development suggests any kind of attitude problem.

The only type of "ready now" player we could get for this role is someone who either hero worships Salah or wants to come to Liverpool at all costs for some reason (most likely due lack of other equivalent options).

Some games and some games in the ressies is not very likely to bring a player in of anywhere near the quality, that's the point. So you're kicking the development of a new attack down the road, and likely the guy who came in is an option, and we need better anyway.

Slutty will most likely move us to a 4-2-3-1, and we will sign a wide player this summer.
He seems to like to set up his wingers as wide as possible and always target to go 1 v 1. Pace and dribbling skills seem to be traits that his wingers must have.
Where Salah will play will be interesting to see, but its quite clear that he will stay for at least one more year.

To be honest I think it good for continuity and the balance of the squad that he stays in regards to all the changes that are happening.

I see it Ward has 2 options. Sign a right winger for next season and he has to be good enough to push Salah out of the side. Or, don’t get one for the coming season and see it as a next summer problem.
Option 2, the way of the procrastinator.

It's not the same thing.

It's workable if you're signing an 18 year old from Brazil or something like that who will need time to transition.

If you're looking to sign a very good player in his early 20's who likely has options, he needs to play... and will likely have alternative options that can offer him starting status. I don't think that not wanting to play second fiddle at a crucial stage of your development suggests any kind of attitude problem.

The only type of "ready now" player we could get for this role is someone who either hero worships Salah or wants to come to Liverpool at all costs for some reason (most likely due lack of other equivalent options).
Diaz joined at 23 when he could have elsewhere with Mane in his place, pretty normal in a big club to factor in compeition.

Diaz joined at 23 when he could have elsewhere with Mane in his place, pretty normal in a big club to factor in compeition.

He didn't come with the expressed purpose of being a stand in for Mane for a season though. Mane played up front more often than not for the remainder of the season allowing Diaz to get in the team.

He didn't come with the expressed purpose of being a stand in for Mane for a season though. Mane played up front more often than not for the remainder of the season allowing Diaz to get in the team.
But he only moved to Center when Diaz came in after Afcon. I doubt he came in as permanent replacement mid season for Mane on Left or was even promised that during contract negotiations. After Diaz came, Mane still played LW in few of the games including CL QF 2nd Leg even though he was played mostly in CF after Jan.

Last edited:
I guess the flip side is that if a senior, elite level RW comes in Salah is going to freak out Saudi style.

But he only moved to Center when Diaz came in after Afcon. I doubt he came in as permanent replacement mid season for Mane on Left or was even promised that during contract negotiations. After Diaz came, Mane still played LW in few of the games including CL QF 2nd Leg even though he was played mostly in CF after Jan.

Well, we don't know what he was promised or not... what we do know is that Diaz got significant game time at LF from the off.

Either way, surely you can agree that it makes recruitment harder.

I guess the flip side is that if a senior, elite level RW comes in Salah is going to freak out Saudi style.

I'm guessing our target for a wide forward/winger will be U23 or something. Bakayoko/Summerville etc.

Well, we don't know what he was promised or not... what we do know is that Diaz got significant game time at LF from the off.

Either way, surely you can agree that it makes recruitment harder.
Depends on the level and age of the RW coming in, we normally profile 20-24 players and if I saw that I maybe rotating with Salah for one season then I would be more than fine with, if he isn't then his attitude should be considered. We aren't going to sign global superstar so not sure why he would be bothered.

His hair's future was decided yesterday it seems ...

444226649_859778706183474_4604273100652463667_n.jpg

He doesn't come off like that - though he's allowed what, 4 wives? Not sure why anyone would do that to themselves.

Lol, the legal way to get more punani.
Anyway, I find it strange that he posts those kinds of images, being a family man and all.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom