• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Poll Salah Vs Mane - there can be only one

Prefix for Poll Threads

Pick one only

• Salah

Votes: 12 17.1%
  • Mane

Votes: 58 82.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
[article]Former Holland coach Danny Blind believes Liverpool striker Sadio Mane is the new star of the game.

Blind says Mane can win the Ballon d'Or next year.

He is quoted by the Daily Express: “Sadio Mane is the new Ronaldo in world football.

“As an attacking player he is absolutely fantastic. I can go through all his qualities – and he is superb in every aspect.

“He can score with his left foot, right foot and with sensational headers.

“He can give brilliant assists, he is an incredible athlete, and I could go on even more!

“Mane is the super modern player. If you look at his skills, that is one great thing, but he is able to combine that with astonishing sprints right throughout the game.

“That requires so much power. You have to be incredibly strong both physically and mentally. Sadio has it all."

Blind added: “Do you know why Messi voted for Mane? Because great players recognize other great players.

“I don't compare Mane to Messi. I think Sadio is much more like Cristiano Ronaldo in his very best years.

“Ronaldo was so physically and mentally strong.

“Sadio is like a massive rock of granite and yet so dynamic at the same time – just like Ronaldo was for so many years.

“It is right that people are finally taking notice of Mane as an incredibly special player.

“He has been producing these top performances – like he did this week against Everton in the derby – for more than three years.

“Sadio deserves to be recognized alongside the best attacker in the world, Messi.

“Football fans in Europe should take notice of what Sadio is doing in English football, where matches are at a very high level and tempo.

“Now Mane must win as many trophies as he can, starting with the Premier League title."[/article]

Pretty much all of South America voted for Messi while only apparently third of Africa voted for Mane. It’s more than just being the best, not like Eurovision at times about which country you get on with too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess I am a minority in this one. They are both very different players, Salah is more technical than Mane. And you can see that he's playing with a knock, and very unselfish player as well as intelligent. Mane uses a lot of the attributes that was given to him when he was born, and he is also more physically gifted compared to Salah. Mane need more space to operate than Salah, and he thrives on unpredictability. For me a fit Salah would trump Mane any time of the day.

Yeah, fuck this thread, I'm happy having them both thanks.
Haha came on to say the same. I assiduously took the decision to stay out of this thread simply because no, there doesn't have to be only one ... and to prove it we've got them both !

Haha came on to say the same. I assiduously took the decision to stay out of this thread simply because no, there doesn't have to be only one ... and to prove it we've got them both !

It’s more to highlight which is the better, not that we can’t have both.

Mane is clearly no1 but Salah is exceptional in own right even if he hasn’t hit the heights of his first season again

Mane been getting all the praise of late. Now has Salah 13 with Mane on 11.

Both are on 13 goals in all competitions, if you count the UEFA Super Cup (why shouldn't it count?). Mo has 6 assists to Sadio's 9. Also worth noting that 2 of Salah's goals have been penalties.

There is no doubt Mane has reached another level this season; for instance he's never been as prolific with assists – 5 in all competitions last season, compared to 9 already this season. In previous 2 seasons they played together, Salah has been comfortably ahead in terms of goal involvements, as a scorer and creator. Now the balance has somewhat shifted – but we need to take into account that Mo played almost half a season through a painful ankle injury that has affected his balance and shooting. Bournemouth has been probably the first game when the "old" Mo was back and he's raked up 4 goals and 1 assist in 3 games since, so he's catching up fast. They are the twin engines of our attack and both so incredibly important.

The current Goal + Assist table:

Mane 13G + 9A = 22
Salah 13G + 6A = 19
Firmino 4G + 9A = 13
Trent 1G + 7A = 8
Origi 5G + 2A; Milner 3G + 4A; Robbo 2G + 5A = 7
Ox 5G + 0A = 5
Van Dijk 3G + 1A = 4
Gini 3G + 0A; Keita 2G + 1A, Hendo 1G + 2A; Fabinho 1G + 2A = 3
Matip 2G + 0A; Lovren 1G + 1A, Lallana 1G + 1A = 2
Shaqiri 1G + 0A = 1

This thread does not make sense. Without Mane or Mo, I don't think either can be as prolific. It is a team game.

Both are on 13 goals in all competitions, if you count the UEFA Super Cup (why shouldn't it count?). Mo has 6 assists to Sadio's 9. Also worth noting that 2 of Salah's goals have been penalties.

There is no doubt Mane has reached another level this season; for instance he's never been as prolific with assists – 5 in all competitions last season, compared to 9 already this season. In previous 2 seasons they played together, Salah has been comfortably ahead in terms of goal involvements, as a scorer and creator. Now the balance has somewhat shifted – but we need to take into account that Mo played almost half a season through a painful ankle injury that has affected his balance and shooting. Bournemouth has been probably the first game when the "old" Mo was back and he's raked up 4 goals and 1 assist in 3 games since, so he's catching up fast. They are the twin engines of our attack and both so incredibly important.

Exactly, and 1 of those penalties was directly drawn my Mane. Plus often times when we change formation, like today, it's Salah who moves up top and benefits from playing centrally further up, such as in his first goal today.

This thread does not make sense. Without Mane or Mo, I don't think either can be as prolific. It is a team game.

It is a team game, but at the same time, this team is not set up to depend on any one player. That's why we plastered Barcelona without Bobby and Mo and did it again to Everton last week.

[article]
Goals
Even though he mainly plays on the wing, Salah is the top goalscorer out of the three of them because he has scored 84 goals in 126 games in all competitions for Liverpool, averaging a goal every 123.8 minutes.

The 27-year-old is now 18th on Liverpool’s all time top goalscorers list, but he will need another 263 goals to overtake Ian Rush in first place.

In comparison, Torres managed 81 goals for Liverpool in 142 games before signing for Chelsea, averaging a goal every 135 minutes.

Luis Suarez may have got 82 goals in 133 games, but his record in front of goal for the club is slightly worse than the other two because he scored a goal every 138 minutes.

However, while Suarez and Salah have both won the Premier League Golden Boot award, Torres was never the league’s top goalscorer during his three-and-a-half years at Anfield.

Assists
While all three players of these players are best known for their goal scoring abilities, they are able to set up goals for their teammates as well.

Salah is sometimes called selfish in front of goal, but he has 30 assists in 126 games in all competitions for the Reds, averaging an assist every 346.8 minutes.

Just like the Egyptian, Suarez also registered 30 assists for Liverpool but it took the Uruguayan another seven games to reach that tally, so he got an assist every 377.4 minutes.

Torres was the most natural striker out of the three of them, and he only managed 20 assists in 142 games for the club, averaging an assist every 547 minutes.

Overall
Therefore, Salah has the best record out of the three Liverpool forwards with 114 goals and assists for the club, averaging one or the other every 91.2 minutes.

Suarez is in second place with 112 goals and assists
during his time in England, so he averaged a goal or an assist every 101.1 minutes.

That leaves Torres in third place although he did still have a pretty impressive record at Liverpool. The striker managed 101 goals and assists for the club, averaging a goal contribution every 108.3 minutes.

Of course, Salah also has a Champions League title on his Liverpool CV and if he adds a Premier League title as well, the argument will surely be closed.
[/article]

Love them both, but Salah is more predictable in how he will try to score than Mane.
My anwser Is I would rather keep Mane, but lets hope that we will not have to make that choice for a long while

Love them both, but Salah is more predictable in how he will try to score than Mane.
My anwser Is I would rather keep Mane, but lets hope that we will not have to make that choice for a long while

If you had to let one of the 2 go, it's Salah every...single....time.

Mane is just an absolute monster.

Same. Love Mo, but Mane is a team player first and foremost. Salah needs the team to be built around him a bit, Mane is an absolute machine, perfect player for total football.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom