• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Sin Bin part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s like an admission that they can’t work with red cards so they need another option that won’t ruin an entire match when the ref gets it wrong.

I agree with them. They work great in Rugby and the time can be used to decide if it's a red or not without holding up the game, as in rugby where it works brilliantly.

I have never watched a Rugby game Froggy but I assume they have competent referees there. A big problem in English football is not the rules, it it is execution.
They should have just imported everything from rugby, including the players who take a battering before they are injured - not from a 20m pass.

I agree with them. They work great in Rugby and the time can be used to decide if it's a red or not without holding up the game, as in rugby where it works brilliantly.
We've been down this road many times before, "oh but they work in so and so therefore it'll work in football", for a start Rugby has a completely different ruleset. We're only adding more fuel to the fire here. Instead of simplifying, we're overcomplicating.

Cynical fouls - Rodri in the sin bin for substantially all of the season. I think we might need to give this a chance.
Checks notes.
No, this is a fucking stupid idea.

Complicating the rules for a bunch of clowns who cannot implement the current rules is not the answer.

The rules need simplifying until standards improve.

We can't decide whether something is yellow or red so we made orange. Hrm, is that yellow or orange?

This is the same fucking tedium that destroyed modern philosophy.

"...that should have been a yellow card"
"What are you talking about?! Its clearly a blue offence"
"No, straight red for me"

Etc.
There will always be that debate because it's subjective. But the flexibility means poor fouls and mouthy gits will be punished instead of being let off because it isn't deemed 'serious enough' for a red or 2nd yellow.

I think we should start taking tips from the rugby fart sniffers when another couple of billion people start watching it. There's a reason it's a fringe sport.
Hardly a fringe sport however it could be tiddly winks but if they've got the officiating right then that's something to learn from them.
Football is in no position to feel 'superior' simply because it's more popular.

I agree that the cynical fouls need looking at, cos it's mad how blatantly a defender will just chop a player down to stop a good attack, but I wouldn't do it like this.

Taking players off the pitch ruins the game. We've seen that with red cards. They need to find ways of deterring those offences without sending people off, not adding more circumstances where that'll happen. Eg denying a goalscoring opportunity should always just be a penalty imo. It's trickier with the cynical fouls cos obviously a penalty seems harsh. I think really it needs some new kind of setpiece - maybe a free kick where the defenders all have to be ahead of the ball or something. I guess you want the punishment to be just a bit worse than the situation the foul denied.

I've always liked the idea of sin bins. Then again I always liked the alternative idea to the golden goal or pens. Reduce each team by a player every two mins until someone eventually scores. I guess I have a perchant for the absurd.

I've always liked the idea of sin bins. Then again I always liked the alternative idea to the golden goal or pens. Reduce each team by a player every two mins until someone eventually scores. I guess I have a perchant for the absurd.

Almost anything is better than pens. It's crazy that we all put up with them: I guess it's just because they're exciting, really. I can't really think of a good reason they shouldn't just use xG tbh. Basically just equivalent to deciding boxing on points.

But your idea is way better than penalties, anyway. Even just taking shots from a distance (say 20 yards?) where the keeper doesn't have to guess would be way better, and eliminate the lottery aspect.

I've thought long and hard about whether it's a good idea or not. And in my view for what they want it for... it's a bad idea.

It'll slow the game down for those ten minutes. And actually increase time wasting.

In my view if they want to bring something like that in. It should be an orange card... where the ref refers a dangerous tackle to VAR. Who have 5 minutes to determine whether it should be upgraded to red, or yellow but for those 5 minutes the player is allowed to play on. At the earliest break, the ref stops the game and explains to the crowd the VAR decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom