• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Sin Bin part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've thought long and hard about whether it's a good idea or not. And in my view for what they want it for... it's a bad idea.

It'll slow the game down for those ten minutes. And actually increase time wasting.

In my view if they want to bring something like that in. It should be an orange card... where the ref refers a dangerous tackle to VAR. Who have 5 minutes to determine whether it should be upgraded to red, or yellow but for those 5 minutes the player is allowed to play on. At the earliest break, the ref stops the game and explains to the crowd the VAR decision.
88th minute, studs up challenge by Vinny Barton. The ref issues a orange.
Play continues.
5 mins later...
The refs decide that its a red card.
Vinny Barton sent off.
1 min later, game ends.

88th minute, studs up challenge by Vinny Barton. The ref issues a orange.
Play continues.
5 mins later...
The refs decide that its a red card.
Vinny Barton sent off.
1 min later, game ends.

Better than..

Rodri pulls player back 80th minute.. ref issues blue card

10 minutes of boring shite

Rodri comes back on and smashes a winner 92nd minute denying Liverpool the title.

We can both make hypotheticals.

Better than..

Rodri pulls player back 80th minute.. ref issues blue card

10 minutes of boring shite

Rodri comes back on and smashes a winner 92nd minute denying Liverpool the title.

We can both make hypotheticals.
Most definitely better.
But I honestly think both are bad ideas.
Refs today can't even handle two cards and a mic.
I'm with Klopp on this one.

Most definitely better.
But I honestly think both are bad ideas.
Refs today can't even handle two cards and a mic.
I'm with Klopp on this one.

I said if they want to.. not that IFAB should do it. But should trial it.

And what happens if Player A gets an Orange, in the intervening 5 minute scores a goal, then has the Orange upgraded to a Red? Especially if it was a fairly blatant red, but the ref just covered his arse assuming VAR would sort it out (like they do now)

This is just another over complication of something that doesn’t need fixing in that way.

Get better Refs and better decision making and fannying about with blue cards isn’t a thing.

This is just another over complication of something that doesn’t need fixing in that way.

Get better Refs and better decision making and fannying about with blue cards isn’t a thing.
How many sports have this and it works great : rugby, hockey, ice hockey any more?

How many sports have this and it works great : rugby, hockey, ice hockey any more?
I don't watch rugby, but hockey is sport with a stop watch. Football is more free flowing, it'll ultimately lead to too many stops and the added time will be like 15 mins regularly.

I don't watch rugby, but hockey is sport with a stop watch. Football is more free flowing, it'll ultimately lead to too many stops and the added time will be like 15 mins regularly.
Why? If a Blue is issued then it would have been a Yellow or Red anyway. Same time delay (less than a Red but that could be issued, like in Rugby, whilst the player is in the Bin).
Players come on, as they do now if leaving the pitch after injury, at the next natural stopage.

Why? If a Blue is issued then it would have been a Yellow or Red anyway. Same time delay (less than a Red but that could be issued, like in Right, whilst the player is in the Bin).
Players come on, as they do now if leaving the pitch after injury, at the next natural stopage.
But are you taking into account, the time it'll take for the player to leave the pitch?
Maybe VAR gets involved to change the decision as well?

But are you taking into account, the time it'll take for the player to leave the pitch?
Maybe VAR gets involved to change the decision as well?
But that's no different to a Red which takes even more time as everyone on the pitch debates it. A double Yellow the same.

Maybe. But it should make the game more exciting whilst deservedly punishing a transgressor. I imagine more goals too!
I'm not sure about that, teams will just park the bus, just like hockey teams do when they're a man down. 5 mins isn't enough to wear a team down in football. I'd argue that it isn't that much of an advantage in such a short space of time. I'm not sure but apparently a blue plus a yellow equals a red, so I guess that's good.

I'm not sure about that, teams will just park the bus, just like hockey teams do when they're a man down. 5 mins isn't enough to wear a team down in football. I'd argue that it isn't that much of an advantage in such a short space of time. I'm not sure but apparently a blue plus a yellow equals a red, so I guess that's good.
5 mins? Has that been confirmed ? It's supposed to be a punishment not a breather It should be 10-15 mins.

I just don't know why there's this need to send players off the pitch AT ALL. Games are ruined at 11 Vs 10. Isn't it just obvious that you want to avoid games being ruined if at all possible?

They should be abolishing red cards, not bringing in blue cards.

I just don't know why there's this need to send players off the pitch AT ALL. Games are ruined at 11 Vs 10. Isn't it just obvious that you want to avoid games being ruined if at all possible?

They should be abolishing red cards, not bringing in blue cards.
Haha fuck me you are such an immature cunt aren't you. I laughed at your post so you actually took the time ( so glad you wasted it) to find 15 of my posts and laugh at them? Hahaha someone was totally triggered :D:p. You know what's coming your way from now on - haha you idiot.

Haha fuck me you are such an immature cunt aren't you. I laughed at your post so you actually took the time ( so glad you wasted it) to find 15 of my posts and laugh at them? Hahaha someone was totally triggered :D:p. You know what's coming your way from now on - haha you idiot.

Immature? You started it.

Immature? You started it.
You said do away with Red cards - that's more than laughable. And yet one laughing smilie triggers you to go find FIFTEEN of my posts to put laughing smilies on. The behaviour of a 12 year old. And now "You started it" Haha FFS grow up.

You said do away with Red cards - that's more than laughable. And yet one laughing smilie triggers you to go find FIFTEEN of my posts to put laughing smilies on. The behaviour of a 12 year old. And now "You started it" Haha FFS grow up.

You really shouldn't allow this sort of behaviour to bother you.

Why not go the root of american football, have Four Quaters, Time outs,Move the ball forward if a defender is less than ten yard away from the ball during a free kick, ok last one not in the rules in as such in American Football
Football has moved along, but this is not the way to go

Klopp’s comments post match had the blue card been in effect today summed up what impact I feel it’s gonna have. “Wild west”

O’Shea and Darwin both booked for kicking the ball away, is that 10mins in the sin bin for next season then? Both managers cautioned for being too emotional, same for them?
Ridiculous.

Klopp’s comments post match had the blue card been in effect today summed up what impact I feel it’s gonna have. “Wild west”

O’Shea and Darwin both booked for kicking the ball away, is that 10mins in the sin bin for next season then? Both managers cautioned for being too emotional, same for them?
Ridiculous.

No it's for cynical fouls and dissent. So players no, managers yes.. if they bring it in for managers too.

I feel like part of the reason this idea fell flat is that no one could explain the choics of the colour blue. They can call it something else and it probably be more appealing.

Of course we'd need to have refs that can use it effectively, which seems to be a significant stumbling block, but apart from that it's a good idea.

All the crowding of refs, all the abuse, all the cynical hacks down stopping goal scoring opportunities would go.

The stopping of a break with a foul has become completely part of the game within players told to do it. Pundits freely discussing it, and its why Klopp doesn't like it, because instinctively he doesn't like losing this protection. However, other teams wouldn't be so quick to illegally stop our breaks. With a disciplined team, which we currently have, it would be to our advantage. Teams would quickly adapt to the new boundaries and it wouldn't be a wild west - on the contrary it would clean it up.

To me though, the worst thing about football is the example this all sets our kids.
Language, treatment of officials, breaking rules deliberately to suit yourself. Any sensible move to stop this has to be a good thing.

It's not tolerated in any other sport. So why is it in football?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom