• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

So Swansea (League Cup)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamstrung_pigeon

Well-Known
I'm guessing that Rossiter will start, while most of the defenders will be rested for the more important games ahead. I think Lambert and Balotelli might actually get a run out as a partnership again to see how it works out over 90 minutes.

Speculate that we'll field a mixed team like the one below. Not sure if Lallana and Markovic will swap places though.

----------------- Mignolet -----------------
Johnson -- Toure -- Skrtel -- Enrique
------------------ Lucas -------------------
----- Rossiter ----------- Lallana -------
----------------- Markovic ----------------
--------- Lambert ---- Balotelli ---------

Subs: Jones, Williams, Manquillo, Can, Allen, Coutinho, Borini

Swansea will come with a pretty senior team if their game in the last round against Everton is any indicator. Think they rested the keeper and maybe a couple of other players. They beat Everton 3-0.

Henderson will play also, probably instead of Lallana, I'd also like to see Lambert and Balotelli up front, but I think we'll see Borini. Oh, if Sakho is fit, play him.

I think we'll see Hendo captaining the team for this - bloody awesome for the guy.

Chance to see if Jones is decent with a view to keeping him in the team?

-----------------Jones-----------------
Johnson---Skrtel---Toure---Enrique
----------------Rossiter---------------
---------Henderson---Can-----------
----Markovic--------------Borini----
-----------------Lambert--------------

I think we should cheat a lot, just to get Garry Monk really angry.

Is Yesil ready yet Macca?

I'd like to see Balotelli with another striker - I'm not sure I care who - just to see how that works for him. That said, Lambert definitely deserves to start and I reckon Borini will be his partner. If they put four in between them I'll be interested to see what Rodgers does in response.

Totally forgot about this game.

Coutinho has to start together with Lambert and Balotelli.

I really couldnt give a stuff about this game. All that matters is having the players fit for Newcastle and 3 points.

I'd go with a strong team here. We are probably 3rd favourite to win it after Chelsea and City. May as well give it a decent go.

Don't see any highlights for this? Nothing on ITV and they've the rights for the Carling Cup. Strange.

I'd go with a strong team here. We are probably 3rd favourite to win it after Chelsea and City. May as well give it a decent go.

I think we'll go with a strong team and still get knocked out.

------------------Ming-------------------
Johnson-Skrtel--Lovren--Enrique
-----------------Can--------------------
-------Allen------------Coutinho-----
--Markovic--Lambert---Borini----

Hope we do well. I like appearing in finals and winning trophies.

Re: "hope everyone's safe for the Newcastle game" pfffft...

Win this game, then the next etc etc. All this angst about future fixtures is what causes losing sight of the target.

Yeah, I like winning throphies aswell. Play the strongest team possible and get 5 injuries, then we'll moan about Rodgers prioritizing the Mickey Mouse cup instead.

Its not like we're not gonna play a decent team. But players like Sterling shouldnt be involved. I'd rather have him fit for saturday, but thats obviously just me.

We need a won.
Play our strongest team.
Whatever the fuck that is.

I would definately play 2 up front though.

We need a fucking plan B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom