• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Cold Wednesday night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Salt and Vinegar? Cheese and Onion? Monster Munch? I assume I'm reading the words of children and/or women. Real men eat Ready Salted unless there are some Cheesy Wotsits around.

Some promising moments from Solanke, and yeah should have done better with his chance.

There's simply no reason why you'd pick Sturridge in front of him ever again.

I haven’t given up on him. Just responding to a post eulogising about his work rate and how it’s what Klopp values in a striker.

We already have a striker who is a terrible finisher and doesn’t score goals. I would hope and expect Solanke to do more than just be a Firmino stand-in

I have to agree 100% with this. I have no issue with Firminio's hard work and what he does for the front - but the primary objective of any forward is to be in position/anticipate to score goals. For what we payed for him at the time and the return on goals is just not good enough IMO. As for Solanke - I think he will be a 13-15 goal a season striker. My current view is that the boy has it all in his armour - skills, pace, physique to hold up the ball and fight. I thought he did really well for England the other day when came one and in many ways I find him quite exciting to watch when he is given an opportunity to play - was all made up when I saw him on the team sheet the other day. Based on his performance I see no reason why we don't start him more often - give him the chance to develop - he seems mature enough and a good reader of the game.

I think we need to find a way to give this guy a regular slot in the team so he can become the striker we hope he will become. I would rather he be developed this season than we go out and spend a load of money on a 'so' called world class striker of which there is probably just 3-4 the rest are just one season wonders or inconsistent at best.

Some promising moments from Solanke, and yeah should have done better with his chance.

There's simply no reason why you'd pick Sturridge in front of him ever again.

Also should have a second assist to his name after playing Mane through. Agree - the benefit to us in playing Solanke is far superior when you consider future growth compared to Sturridge who is now past his peak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom