• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • Repeating an offer I made a while ago. If anyone wants me to change their username then just DM me (@Dee)

Suarez

Status
Not open for further replies.
There needs to be a much, much, clearer and more consistent message, then. If you keep alternating between 'This is a massive task that's going to take years for me to turn around' and 'we only need three more players and we'll be up and challenging for the top four,' you'll confuse the hell out of the little chap, even if you say it all in Spanish. Unless the club can convince him he won't have to run around like the Tasmanian Devil for several years without getting any Champions League or cup finals he surely wouldn't be blamed if he went off to a club that knows what it's doing.

Apparently according to the Times, BR has sound the,warning that the club must match Suarez's ambition if we are to keep him!

What actually does that mean? Shot across the bow for the owners to cough up the dole to buy decent players or he is gone?

Owners may want to cash in and then cash out if they are in dire straits I think.

Saw this article in yesterdays times.

It's a cryptic message to board to back him in the January transfer window.

This is him playing games through the media like rafa used to, a real shame.

It's been going on ever since the Europa League games started and he kept emphasising how thing his squad is. But why is it a shame? If he has indeed been shafted by FSG so early into his time at the club, why shouldn't he put pressure on them for January via the media?

The way he spoke at start of season he seemed above this.

Also it puts unnecessary preassure on us re sureez, the media get a story which shouldn't really be there as he has only just signed a new summer contract.

Well, he said a lot of things at the start of the season. But one of the things I wouldn't criticise him for is pushing FSG to back him. For better or worse they chose him so they damned well need to support him.

If it was Rafa using the media some here will be up in arms. But hey it is BR. Cut him some slack. I will cut him some slack, sure.

There's so much slack being cut I can spot an entrepreneurial opportunity here. I will soon be in a position to offer you all limitless storage space for your surplus slack. It will be for a very reasonable fee and will stop you tripping over it all from day to day. I'll put an advert in the Chat forum once the business is up and running.

I guess FSG have proved one thing... You can cut a million quid a week off the wage bill and it doesn't get MUCH shitter. I mean it's arguably a bit shitter and arguably a bit better but one thing that is happening is that they are making money, and that's the important thing.

If they reinvest just half that payroll on a few decent forwards we probably would be dead good. But we'll see how all that goes.

They're the ones who get attacked in the press so they're entitled to try and use it to their advantage as well.

The way he spoke at start of season he seemed above this.

Also it puts unnecessary preassure on us re sureez, the media get a story which shouldn't really be there as he has only just signed a new summer contract.

I don't think there's any shame in using the media to his advantage. When the pressure is on eventually, FSG will say something in the press to prompt results. He needs backing, and we need to build on what we've got or we're going nowhere.

They're the ones who get attacked in the press so they're entitled to try and use it to their advantage as well.

True, but fergie talks about needing players in certain positions in the press too, that isn't for any benefit other than to ensure if he isn't backed the fans will see the owners badly.

Rafa arguably went too far but Rodgers is doing exactly as he should be in this case.

Rafa did it after being backed though, that's why everyone saw through it and condemned it for what it was, Rodger's has had some money, but we need to invest more.

Ironically the refusal of money in the summer, and the clear effects of that (which the owners acknowledged shortly afterwards), may have strengthened Rodgers' hand for making such statements in advance of the January window. Let's hope it works out in tangible terms with a decent budget this time.

That said, Rodgers really will be on his mettle to spend it wisely.

The problem is that unless you really do have Man City type money it's far more about luck than judgement. You can scout a player, weigh him up carefully and pay over the odds for him (because even so-so players are over-priced these days), and it's still a gamble. Even Allen was a gamble at that price, even though I was thrilled he signed. Borini was also a (bigger) gamble, and although I think he'll turn out to be a pretty classy player he'll be moaned about for a while yet. You just don't know for sure at this level in the market. And of course if it doesn't work out - who knows what goes on inside the mostly thick heads of players these days - the price tag will be quoted endlessly as if that should have been fed into a computer and rated according to biological potential to be consistently brilliant. And FSG have made the gamble even greater by blocking the option of going for tried and tested talent that's aged over about 27, so there's not even the chance to pay a bit over the odds for a couple of seasons of quality. I don't envy Rodgers' task at all.

The problem is that unless you really do have Man City type money it's far more about luck than judgement. You can scout a player, weigh him up carefully and pay over the odds for him (because even so-so players are over-priced these days), and it's still a gamble. Even Allen was a gamble at that price, even though I was thrilled he signed. Borini was also a (bigger) gamble, and although I think he'll turn out to be a pretty classy player he'll be moaned about for a while yet. You just don't know for sure at this level in the market. And of course if it doesn't work out - who knows what goes on inside the mostly thick heads of players these days - the price tag will be quoted endlessly as if that should have been fed into a computer and rated according to biological potential to be consistently brilliant. And FSG have made the gamble even greater by blocking the option of going for tried and tested talent that's aged over about 27, so there's not even the chance to pay a bit over the odds for a couple of seasons of quality. I don't envy Rodgers' task at all.

All we have to do, tbh, is just tell the club to read the scouting reports from Dmish and KHL ...

So the rumours are that Man City want him.

At what point does the offer become too good for FSG to refuse?

We are fucked without him. I have no faith in Rodgers bringing in the right people to replace him and improve us. I also don't think Rodgers will be given all the proceeds of the sale. We are fucked.

Oh come on Livvy. Suarez hasn't gone anywhere and I'll have a sporting bet with anybody that he won't for quite a while yet. I'm also more optimistic than you on the signings front, because the one big signing Rodgers has been able to make is Joe Allen and I'm very happy with him. Let's cross the bridge if we come to it, rather than jumping off the cliff before we even get there.

Oh come on Livvy. Suarez hasn't gone anywhere and I'll have a sporting bet with anybody that he won't for quite a while yet. I'm also more optimistic than you on the signings front, because the one big signing Rodgers has been able to make is Joe Allen and I'm very happy with him. Let's cross the bridge if we come to it, rather than jumping off the cliff before we even get there.

I take it this 'bad news' is based on nothing other than a newspaper article or a tweet from Duncan Jenking's brother Juncan Denkings?

Or am I mistaken and this story is actually from a reliable source?

I'm calm. 🙂

You know what chaps if the forum wants to reatain its collective sanity (what little there is left) you really do have to ignore shite like this

regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom