• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • Repeating an offer I made a while ago. If anyone wants me to change their username then just DM me (@Dee)

Suarez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd sell him for £40 million and I think he is a great player but sometimes the best interests of the club are better served selling the best player to enable you to buy 3 or 4 other quality players.

Is Suarez playing in a different position this season? Genuine question. I just keep hearing references to a new position and he looks to me to be playing the same position as before.

Is Suarez playing in a different position this season? Genuine question. I just keep hearing references to a new position and he looks to me to be playing the same position as before.
Well, Rodgers said he playing the False 9 position. If that means anything as opposed to the CF role he had last year.

But we don't so as far as can see he's not in a new role.
I think it just means he is supposed to drop into midfield more, not be a target man, and there are supposed to be midfield runners that overlap him when he drops deep to get the ball. That last part obviously doesn't happen unless Shelvey is on the pitch with him.

It's got less to do with the 'position' Suarez is on, and more to do with the fact there are three support 'forwards' alongside him in the 4-3-3 (sterling, Suso, and Şahin from AM) as opposed to the traditional 4-4-2 from last year.

It effectively means he has more space as the opposing CB's alternate between picking him up due to worrying about assisting their full-backs when our wide forwards have it. AND that Şahin usually takes up the defnsive midfielder from the opposition.

So, in summary - no he's playing in the same position, but our opposition are more distracted by the other options around him, so he gets more space.

Same position in new formation

Sound

Well anyone could have seen that. I just wish then that they'd stop calling him the 'false number 9'. I suppose someone with the number 7 shirt is a false number 9 but other than that it's a crap bit of gobbledegook, right up there with 'front-loading economics' and 'populist democracy'.

Well anyone could have seen that. I just wish then that they'd stop calling him the 'false number 9'. I suppose someone with the number 7 shirt is a false number 9 but other than that it's a crap bit of gobbledegook, right up there with 'front-loading economics' and 'populist democracy'.

"False 9" means a lone striker who drops deep into the midfield, as opposed to someone who is "leading the line". It's not gobbledegook.

I know what it fucking means! I'm saying it's a stupid and childish affectation! There have been players like that for about forty fucking years!

I haven't ever wanted him out, I just said I'd be open to a silly offer for him.

A good run of form doesn't change that

I was actually referring to the Suarez-Evra conflict. I thought you wanted rid of him at the time for disciplinary reasons.
I might be wrong though.

I'd sell him for £40 million and I think he is a great player but sometimes the best interests of the club are better served selling the best player to enable you to buy 3 or 4 other quality players.

I really can't see us getting 3 or 4 other quality palyers for £40 million.
We paid ~£25 million for Allen and Borini. Say we had £40 million - who'd be the other 1-2 quality players we'd be able to get for £15million? Would this be a good piece of business? I'm not sure.

I really can't see us getting 3 or 4 other quality palyers for £40 million.
We paid ~£25 million for Allen and Borini. Say we had £40 million - who'd be the other 1-2 quality players we'd be able to get for £15million? Would this be a good piece of business? I'm not sure.
4 borinis or one suarez - jesus christ!

Apparently according to the Times, BR has sound the,warning that the club must match Suarez's ambition if we are to keep him!

What actually does that mean? Shot across the bow for the owners to cough up the dole to buy decent players or he is gone?

Owners may want to cash in and then cash out if they are in dire straits I think.

I think he's just stating the obvious. If we dont match his ambition on the transfer marketand on the pitch its pretty clear he'll be gone. The owners needs to invest a fair bit in the next transfer windows but I have my doubts..

Was a tweet from an Italian journo last week that claimed Milan had been in contact with his agent.
If we continue to fuck up in january the gossip will be all over the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom