• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Summer transfer links

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's an idiot. Everyone and his dog knew that going to Real Madrid would backfire on him. Think he believed his hype too much. Would have made a lot more sense going to a smaller club where he's out of the limelight and can just focus on developing his game. His dad obviously chasing the money rather than helping his son's career.

He's an idiot. Everyone and his dog knew that going to Real Madrid would backfire on him. Think he believed his hype too much. Would have made a lot more sense going to a smaller club where he's out of the limelight and can just focus on developing his game. His dad obviously chasing the money rather than helping his son's career.

I think his father took a coaching position in their system as part of the deal.

It is hard to say what is idiotic and whats not. He could have stayed in Norway also but to say it is all wrong to move to Real Madrid is harsh. Parts of the season you train with some of the worlds best players. Was it wrong for Suso to join us? He didn't cut it here but it might have helped him to now develop into a good Serie A player.

To conclude thay his career has backfired before he turns 20 is a bit idiotic as well?

When you're 16 and the biggest football club in the World wants you, its difficult to say no.
I wouldnt call him an idiot for making that move, but he should have opted for Ajax who also wanted him.

When you're 16 and the biggest football club in the World wants you, its difficult to say no.
I wouldnt call him an idiot for making that move, but he should have opted for Ajax who also wanted him.

But then Ajax lost the EL qualifier last autumn against Rosenborg while Real Madrid won the CL final against us the same season. The only reasoning for joining Ajax would be to use them for a few years to get the next big step. Which is efficiently what he did last year with Herenveen and what Grujic did last year with Cardiff. They are preparing to play for bigger clubs and for both of them they prepare to play for huge clubs that was in the CL final that year. Securing a place in those teams are not easy. Even Kovacevic have to take a loan season. But it is definately a better chance if you are already on their books than if you are not. But being bought by Real M or Liverpool is not the job done by itself. It is now the work starts.

A long term contract with Real Madrid is pretty much a sorted career?
Money-wise maybe, but as his career so far has proved on the pitch not so much from a football perspective. One thing is to struggle at Madrid as a kid, most would, but when you can't get your career up and running playing for a mid-table Dutch team more than a few alarm signals are well lit.

I am not saying he can't get his career back on track but right now, it's pretty much stagnated.

I think he was offered wages of 60-80k per week plus a job for his dad which is a ridiculous financial package for a 16 year old. Real Madrid does have a decent youth team. They have a significant number of players graduating and playing for other La Liga clubs. Maybe he was hoping that in the worst case, he has a career in La liga in other clubs.

Having said that, given that pretty much everyone in Europe was willing to take you on, Madrid was an odd choice for a youngster. I agree with you, Ajax would have been a better choice. But can't blame him for signing that contract, 200-300K per month for five years plus whatever his dad earned is going to set themselves up for life even if they don't get another contract after that.

Money-wise maybe, but as his career so far has proved on the pitch not so much from a football perspective. One thing is to struggle at Madrid as a kid, most would, but when you can't get your career up and running playing for a mid-table Dutch team more than a few alarm signals are well lit.

I am not saying he can't get his career back on track but right now, it's pretty much stagnated.

The kid played well for Herenveen last season. Think they wanted him back this season but no loan agreed. Not sure how he has stagnated. He plays in a position which require a lot and he has har good development. It is probably easier for a natural born striker like i.e. Dolberg, as that role is more defined.

These are young guys. You don't know how their career will end. But by your logic Baros should never have come to us as a youngster.

The Norwegian Adu

The kid played well for Herenveen last season. Think they wanted him back this season but no loan agreed. Not sure how he has stagnated. He plays in a position which require a lot and he has har good development. It is probably easier for a natural born striker like i.e. Dolberg, as that role is more defined.

These are young guys. You don't know how their career will end. But by your logic Baros should never have come to us as a youngster.
I didn’t see him play bar one game but 3 goals in almost 40 games for Herenveen? Do you know how many assists he got?

Had he been very good in Holland the big ones surely would’ve come in for him? Ajax, Feyenoord etc. I am not writing him off just yet but so far I feel he’s disappointed despite his young age.

Can he still become world class you think?

I didn’t see him play bar one game but 3 goals in almost 40 games for Herenveen? Do you know how many assists he got?

Had he been very good in Holland the big ones surely would’ve come in for him? Ajax, Feyenoord etc. I am not writing him off just yet but so far I feel he’s disappointed despite his young age.

38 games, 2 goals and 4 assists for Herenveen during 18 months.
He’s now 19. Its very harsh to say that his career has stagnated.
His next loan move will be decisive for his future development, but Lopetegui has said he likes him and will let him have time to develop.

Not World class but he will have a very good career somewhere.

Are we still talking about this no-mark Scando who is going to be a journeyman? New story peeps.

Not sure where he ends up. Saw him a couple of games in Norway when 16 and he was really good. But making an impact as AM is not easy for youngsters . He is not the type that can do a shift as right mid or right fullback either. He is more Modric than Gerrard to put it like that.

Roma have signed Sevilla midfielder Steven Nzonzi in a deal that could be worth up to 30.6m euros (£27.3m).
The French World Cup winner, formerly of Blackburn Rovers and Stoke, had been linked with a move to Arsenal in July.
He leaves Spanish club Sevilla after three years, during which time he won the Europa League in 2016.
Nzonzi, 29, has signed a four-year contract, with Roma to pay an initial 26.6m euros (£23.7m), and another 4m euros (£3.6m) in potential add-ons.

Roma have signed Sevilla midfielder Steven Nzonzi in a deal that could be worth up to 30.6m euros (£27.3m).
The French World Cup winner, formerly of Blackburn Rovers and Stoke, had been linked with a move to Arsenal in July.
He leaves Spanish club Sevilla after three years, during which time he won the Europa League in 2016.
Nzonzi, 29, has signed a four-year contract, with Roma to pay an initial 26.6m euros (£23.7m), and another 4m euros (£3.6m) in potential add-ons.

Paying 25M premium for a 30 year old doesn't seem like a very Monchi thing to do.

Ming's potential move to Napoli fell through after they opted for David Ospina on loan. Torino made a bid for Grujic on loan with a €10M buying option, LFC rejected. Serie A transfer window closes this Friday.

They must have something else lined up for Grujic otherwise he’s just going to rot for 6 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom