• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Darwin evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, I think all illegal threats should always be reported to the police.
People think it is fine to dish out almost anything when they are behind a keyboard.

Shuuusssssh - Ross will be wanting us all arrested!!!!

Laura Woods on Talksh!te this morning said the kind of winding-up Andersen did is good defensive play in her book. Typical Arsenal fan.

Man.. some of you have clearly never headbutted someone or been headbutted.

Did he lean with his head.. yes. Did it connect? Minimal. I'd put it more in the get in someone's face bracket than a headbutt. But because Nunez was about 5 inches shorter.. it looked like he nutted upwards.

Its kinda fitting with his Liverpool career so far, was trying to get up into someones face, but was let down by poor technique.

Laura Woods on Talksh!te this morning said the kind of winding-up Andersen did is good defensive play in her book. Typical Arsenal fan.
Maybe we just have players who are too honest. You need a little bit of shithousery to be successful if you are not as good as others.

Andersen was pulling and bumping into Nunez the entire game, just short of committing a foul. You could see Nunez riled up and got sucked into that physical battle and couldn't quite play his normal game. If Matip or VVD were do something like that against Haaland in an important CL match and we won I wouldn't be too fussed.

Its kinda fitting with his Liverpool career so far, was trying to get up into someones face, but was let down by poor technique.

I wish people would stop having a go at his so called poor technique, I mean you don't score 34 goals with having poor technique. Just don't fit right.

Look with my bad breath he would have folded in a moment.

But listen, to me, it was a chestbump with a little bit of accidental loafing, not a full on loaf
No its not accidental and just because its not a full on Glasgow kiss doesn't not make it a red card
If the show was on the other foot you'd be screaming blue murder. Doesn't. Matter if the defender hams it up, all professional footballers do it including our lot

A piece by The Athletic, maybe @Hass has posted it, could be interesting. I don’t subscribe so only get the first two sentences :(
Was it a one off from Darwin or a sign of things to come !

There was a show of contrition from Darwin Nunez inside the Liverpooldressing room before he widened the scope of his apology.
His team-mates, who had gutsily salvaged a point against Crystal Palace in his absence on Monday night, returned after the final whistle to find the devastated striker still coming to terms with how his Anfield debut had been wrecked by a senseless red card for violent conduct.
“He was very down in the changing room, feeling sorry, and thinking it was all his fault,” revealed midfielder Harvey Elliott. “For him, it’s a learning curve. We’ll be there for him as a collective.”
There had been a degree of provocation from Palace’s Joachim Andersen, but Nunez knew there was no excuse for angrily squaring up to him and jabbing his head in the direction of the Denmark centre-back. He took full responsibility.

Look with my bad breath he would have folded in a moment.

But listen, to me, it was a chestbump with a little bit of accidental loafing, not a full on loaf
That's how I see it. Chest bump with upwards thrust taking his head up with the movement to brush the guys chin. Anderson holding his nose was laughable. The only headbutt Darwen or anybody can do on a guy 5 inches taller is a Zidane. Darwen was stupid to react but not vicious.Andersen is a flaky cunt.

I'm surprised an Arsenal fan understands the concept of rolling ones sleeves up, getting stuck in and playing dirty. But hey ho.

That's how I see it. Chest bump with upwards thrust taking his head up with the movement to brush the guys chin. Anderson holding his nose was laughable. The only headbutt Darwen or anybody can do on a guy 5 inches taller is a Zidane. Darwen was stupid to react but not vicious.Andersen is a flaky cunt.

Yep. It was stupid - the intent and fact he went in with his head made it easy for the ref, but it wasn't a full on head butt. Kinda like a deliberate elbow that doesn't make full on contact, can be relegated to being hustle and bustle and worthy of a yellow card, the recipient of the elbow will inevitably go down like he's been shot. When the same intent was there with the same level of just pushing into the opponent, rather than savagely making an impact.

It's daft. It's a red, but Anderson is also using simulation to guarantee the punishment, which is cheating and also worthy of punishment.

But he’d already tried to headbutt the guy with the back of his head moments earlier. He definitely tried to make contact with his head. You just don’t go chest bumping into someone with your forehead pointing forward like that. It was a rush of blood, he’ll learn from it. But it certainly wasn’t accidental.

Yep. It was stupid - the intent and fact he went in with his head made it easy for the ref, but it wasn't a full on head butt. Kinda like a deliberate elbow that doesn't make full on contact, can be relegated to being hustle and bustle and worthy of a yellow card, the recipient of the elbow will inevitably go down like he's been shot. When the same intent was there with the same level of just pushing into the opponent, rather than savagely making an impact.

It's daft. It's a red, but Anderson is also using simulation to guarantee the punishment, which is cheating and also worthy of punishment.
Anderson got a yellow didn't he? He was punished for his part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom