• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • Repeating an offer I made a while ago. If anyone wants me to change their username then just DM me (@Dee)

The Donkey

I backed Nunez, but it seems the obvious churlishness he is displaying to a man that backed him has left me fuming. He can f-off.
PSG pay the £100m for the jack-ass so we can get someone who can hit the barn door.

The end of the season was ridiculously shit from our forward line, seeing the 3 stooges contrived to miss chance after chance.

Salah, indecisive, and seemed to have lost the ability to generate any power from his shots.

Nunez, has forgotten how to even hit the crossbar / post. Sulky, ineffective and missing a brain. Starting to lose patience with this nutjob.

Diaz, runs and runs to nowhere and seems to have caught Nunez's bug of an inability to hit the net. Dreaming of Barca.

I would sell all 3, they ain't getting any better. Just bring in some other players, what could be worse?

Just noticed how Nunez smashed the post after Salah's last missed chance, looked furious.

Salah was given game after game to play himself into form. He never did, he was just as shit as Nunez and less useful in my opinion.

Nunez was dropped and another style of play used. If life was fair both of them should have been dropped. That would tend to provoke some resentment. Salah is a special case and he also has no direct available replacement. We're looking at the background of videos to see how one player reacted to sitting on the bench for game after game, meanwhile the other striker threw a massive strop in public, in the game, when dropped and subbed on.

I realize I have sympathy for Darwin since at football all the lads call me Nuñez cos I score screamers and miss open goals

stewie-rocking.gif

Can it be trained? Fowler says he hates being called a natural finisher because he feels he practiced more than anyone with his repeated shooting practices. He wasn't born a scoring genius.
But I'm sure most of those practices came at a young age. Can Darwin do it? Having doubts about him, and he seems to be extremely fragile mentally..

Can it be trained? Fowler says he hates being called a natural finisher because he feels he practiced more than anyone with his repeated shooting practices. He wasn't born a scoring genius.
But I'm sure most of those practices came at a young age. Can Darwin do it? Having doubts about him, and he seems to be extremely fragile mentally..
It's a mental thing in Darwin's case imo, so yes it can be trained.
But then there's a question of how receptive he is to that training.
And honestly, he doesn't look like the sharpest tool in the shed.

The Polish dude, the one who's name I can't spell, him. Well, he talks about joining Dortmund and Klopp training him and turning him into the goal machine he became.

Nunez had 2 years of training with the guy that helped create one of the best ever and hasn't improved. Sell while he has some value.

I backed Nunez, but it seems the obvious churlishness he is displaying to a man that backed him has left me fuming. He can f-off.
PSG pay the £100m for the jack-ass so we can get someone who can hit the barn door.
100 million Nigerian dollars is more likely.

He was probably just sulking for not starting recently, but yep, he should have let that go for the occasion and shown more respect for the manager that has backed him.

I took a look at those misses and whether they would have secured us more points (as a lot of them were in games we won anyway). Up-shot is we'd still have finished third:
Impact on individual results
Luton - plus 2 points
City - plus 2 points (and City minus 1 point)
United - plus 2 points
Palace - plus 1 point
Revised table:
City 90pts
Arsenal 89pts
Us 89pts (behind Arsenal on GD).

I took a look at those misses and whether they would have secured us more points (as a lot of them were in games we won anyway). Up-shot is we'd still have finished third:
Impact on individual results
Luton - plus 2 points
City - plus 2 points (and City minus 1 point)
United - plus 2 points
Palace - plus 1 point
Revised table:
City 90pts
Arsenal 89pts
Us 89pts (behind Arsenal on GD).
I am not sure we would have readily dropped points in the Everton, West Ham and Villa games if we were leading the league/ still in the title race at that point.
A change in any one of those game's results would have seen us champions

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom