• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • Repeating an offer I made a while ago. If anyone wants me to change their username then just DM me (@Dee)

The Donkey

I took a look at those misses and whether they would have secured us more points (as a lot of them were in games we won anyway). Up-shot is we'd still have finished third:
Impact on individual results
Luton - plus 2 points
City - plus 2 points (and City minus 1 point)
United - plus 2 points
Palace - plus 1 point
Revised table:
City 90pts
Arsenal 89pts
Us 89pts (behind Arsenal on GD).
You’ve missed Everton where at 1-0 he decided to hit it at Pickford rather than go across him.

I am not sure we would have readily dropped points in the Everton, West Ham and Villa games if we were leading the league/ still in the title race at that point.
A change in any one of those game's results would have seen us champions

I’d add that taking 3 points off City would have been a big statement too.

Also, by that measure of 1 point, the VAR decision at Spurs would have cost us the league.

Also - it’s not solely on Darwin. Y ou can point to a couple of defensive errors and misses by Mo, CJ, Diaz & Trent.

Trent’s miss against Arsenal at Anfield when he should have buried it was one of the worst all season. That would have also changed the direction of everything.

You cunts are ruining my “The attack did fuck up our season” thread.
I think the reality is that the attack, or more specifically, its chronic lack of form / belief in April and May, did fuck up our season. There were other factors, but in the past our ability to conjure up vital goals has papered over lots of cracks.
The point I was trying to make about Nunez was more that it's easy to see 38 missed chances and assume that converting them would have changed the outcome. Even if he'd converted them all (and nothing else had changed) we still wouldn't have won the league. And not all of those chances were easy. I'd have expected a top-drawer striker to convert half of them, but some of those chances were still tricky and some of the misses were forgivable of a player who didn't do it quite so often.

I took a look at those misses and whether they would have secured us more points (as a lot of them were in games we won anyway). Up-shot is we'd still have finished third:
Impact on individual results
Luton - plus 2 points
City - plus 2 points (and City minus 1 point)
United - plus 2 points
Palace - plus 1 point
Revised table:
City 90pts
Arsenal 89pts
Us 89pts (behind Arsenal on GD).
OMG Beamrider WTF have you done. Half the forum are having palpitations at having their "we'd have won the PL if he'd scored more' rhetoric shot down.

Could you do the same for the defence now please *sniggers*

Last edited:
I think the reality is that the attack, or more specifically, its chronic lack of form / belief in April and May, did fuck up our season. There were other factors, but in the past our ability to conjure up vital goals has papered over lots of cracks.
The point I was trying to make about Nunez was more that it's easy to see 38 missed chances and assume that converting them would have. changed the outcome. Even if he'd converted them all (and nothing else had changed) we still wouldn't have won the league. And not all of those chances were easy. I'd have expected a top-drawer striker to convert half of them, but some of those chances were still tricky and some of the misses were forgivable of a player who didn't do it quite so often.
I think you're over estimating the ability of a top drawer striker. I remember reading that even the very best only put away 1:4 of their 'big chances'

The point I was trying to make about Nunez was more that it's easy to see 38 missed chances and assume that converting them would have changed the outcome. Even if he'd converted them all (and nothing else had changed) we still wouldn't have won the league. And not all of those chances were easy. I'd have expected a top-drawer striker to convert half of them, but some of those chances were still tricky and some of the misses were forgivable of a player who didn't do it quite so often.
Yea, it wasn’t just down to Nunez, but the others contributed. Well more lack didn’t contribute. That clip showed he had 4 or 5 where you’d expect him to finish. There’s other things the clip doesn’t show. I’ll go on and on about Palace at 0-0. He had the chance to slide in Salah. Instead he decided to weakly shoot directly at the keeper. That kind of lack of composure adds to my thoughts that he’s not got the mentality to succeed here.

There are other factors to not winning the league, like VAR, but sticking the ball in the net is entirely within our control.

I’ll go on and on about Palace at 0-0. He had the chance to slide in Salah. Instead he decided to weakly shoot directly at the keeper. That kind of lack of composure adds to my thoughts that he’s not got the mentality to succeed here.
You mean like Mo and Mane week after week? Strikers will almost always back themselves in a 30-70 / 40 - 60 situation where the other striker is better placed. Mo is the king there.

You mean like Mo and Mane week after week? Strikers will almost always back themselves in a 30-70 / 40 - 60 situation where the other striker is better placed. Mo is the king there.
Go look at the clip and you’ll see what I mean. He had the keeper central and defenders either side. There’s being confident in your ability then there is being a mong.

When Mané and Mo were at their peak they’d do it and not let a miss get to them because they knew they’d get another chance and nail it. Nunez doesn’t have that ability nor mindset.

I think you're over estimating the ability of a top drawer striker. I remember reading that even the very best only put away 1:4 of their 'big chances'
I looked at that vid of his missed big chances and thought "he should have scored that" just over 20 times, so a little over half of them. As you say, even the best strikers won't score all of those "should have scored" chances, but they'd also convert a few of the ones I gave him a pass on.
But yeah, Haaland missed bucket loads too.

We all would love to see him bang in 30 goals next season.

That doesn’t mean he’s going to do it though.
I’d be reasonably confident a number of fans want to see him fail so they can chime in with their ‘told you he was shite’ posts. They’ll be willing anyone but Nunez to score.

Would love him to succeed, but the definition of insanity is expecting Nunez to become a prolific goalscorer.

I was someone who supported, but his inability to score was a factor in us failing to win the league. Sell ASAP.

The more I've watched Slots football, the more it becomes clear that Nunez could not be less suited to his football. It's all fast-paced, technical interchanges through the middle, with a heavy reliance on smart positioning, speed of thought and being consistently good technically.

If I had one prediction for next summer is that he will be behind Gakpo and then sold onto Chelsea, or elsewhere, by January or the following summer. Edwards may even speed up the process this summer.

Pity he couldn’t have done it this year.

Was he tired from being “run into the ground”?
Yawn, if you can’t see that the squad a a whole was fucking broken from years of trying to climb the impossible mountain again. That’s on you. It was clear all season how things would end.

In fact the only huge surprise was Chelsea bottling extra time and giving us the opportunity to snatch the league cup.

Yawn, if you can’t see that the squad a a whole was fucking broken from years of trying to climb the impossible mountain again. That’s on you. It was clear all season how things would end.

In fact the only huge surprise was Chelsea bottling extra time and giving us the opportunity to snatch the league cup.
You really need to stop Pat.
You've lost the debate and repeating your opinion which you refuse to alter ad nauseum isn't going to change that.

Bollix Bollix Bollix.

Alright, you want to do this, then let’s do this.

List the players that were run into the ground this season and let’s explore it and expose the bullshit - it’ll be either yours or mine.

“It was clear all season how things would end” - bollocks it was, from our point of view - we fell apart after we lost one of the games you were desperate for us to lose.

And exactly what is surprising about Chelsea “bottling” a cup final against us - that’s at least 3 in a row isn’t it?

Bollix Bollix Bollix.

Alright, you want to do this, then let’s do this.

List the players that were run into the ground this season and let’s explore it and expose the bullshit - it’ll be either yours or mine.

“It was clear all season how things would end” - bollocks it was, from our point of view - we fell apart after we lost one of the games you were desperate for us to lose.

And exactly what is surprising about Chelsea “bottling” a cup final against us - that’s at least 3 in a row isn’t it?

He has a point - the way were setup meant that the players were constantly having to play catch-up after going down a goal, lots of running due to a lack of control. It was exhausting for many of them, mostly Szob.

He has a point - the way were setup meant that the players were constantly having to play catch-up after going down a goal, lots of running due to a lack of control. It was exhausting for many of them, mostly Szob.

Well it’s a good job we didn’t play him every game then isn’t it.

What’s this running about we had to do? We dominated possession in most games - it’s not us doing all the running.

Let me add a little bit here - Dom covered the most distance last season of any Liverpool player, but according to the list I saw of the players who had covered the most for each club - Dom’s overall distance was one of the lowest on the list.

The caveat would be that this is probably a basic list of total km’s, so players that play in every game wil have higher totals, so it’s not based on how many KMs per minute played (which in itself wouldn’t tell you much).

What it is suggesting though, is that our players aren’t playing as much or covering as much ground as our main rivals players.

So, in that sense, Dreamies perplexing statement would suggest that Klopp found a way to run his players into the ground by having them play less and cover less ground than our opponents.

So either Klopp is some sort of succubus/incubus hybrid sucking the life force out of our players or Dreamie is just wrong… again.

Last edited:
Well it’s a good job we didn’t play him every game then isn’t it.

What’s this running about we had to do? We dominated possession in most games - it’s not us doing all the running.

Let me add a little bit here - Dom covered the most distance last season of any Liverpool player, but according to the list I saw of the players who had covered the most for each club - Dom’s overall distance was one of the lowest on the list.

The caveat would be that this is probably a basic list of total km’s, so players that play in every game wil have higher totals, so it’s not based on how many KMs per minute played (which in itself wouldn’t tell you much).

What it is suggesting though, is that our players aren’t playing as much or covering as much ground as our main rivals players.

So, in that sense, Dreamies perplexing statement would suggest that Klopp found a way to run his players into the ground by having them play less and cover less ground than our opponents.

So either Klopp is some sort of succubus/incubus hybrid sucking the life force out of our players or Dreamie is just wrong… again.
The truth definitely lies in that last paragraph the only other thing that we can say is that we have to admit ...that maybe our players are not suited to the requirements of PL footy for a whole season.

The truth definitely lies in that last paragraph the only other thing that we can say is that we have to admit ...that maybe our players are not suited to the requirements of PL footy for a whole season.
So you’re saying they’re not good enough and a few of them need bombing out?

I’d be reasonably confident a number of fans want to see him fail so they can chime in with their ‘told you he was shite’ posts. They’ll be willing anyone but Nunez to score.
Nunez, "If" he decide to stay needs more game time instead of the 15 mins here and there Klopp was giving him, yes he missed chances, then so did Salah,Daiz and Gapko. I remember Jay Jay Okocha such a wonderful player and a joy to watch. Heah score some wonderful goal, but one season he made a new premiership record for hitting the post and crossbar.a record that has not been surpassed till this day and a player.

So Nunez has missed a few., But we have a new coach now and lets see how he is used under slot

Back
Top Bottom