• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • Repeating an offer I made a while ago. If anyone wants me to change their username then just DM me (@Dee)

the masters

Got £2 on Martin Kaymer @ 220/1, £2 on Fred Couples @ 170/1 and £2 on Jim Furyk @ 100/1

I love watching the golf but don't know too much about it and have placed my bets on the advice of a golfing buddy - I asked him to nominate 3 big outsiders.

Furyk was a good tip - his big, pointy nose always seems to start poking in amongst the leaders in the last day of majors. He's had a great first round, finishing 6 under par, just one shot behind Chad Campbell who will probably fade.

I think Fred Couples was a bad tip though, he's just too old now to win. I don't know about Kaymer.

[quote author=Pesam link=topic=32695.msg842293#msg842293 date=1239292018]
Got £2 on Martin Kaymer @ 220/1, £2 on Fred Couples @ 170/1 and £2 on Jim Furyk @ 100/1

I love watching the golf but don't know too much about it and have placed my bets on the advice of a golfing buddy - I asked him to nominate 3 big outsiders.
[/quote]

Couple missed the cut, not sure about the others

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=32695.msg843036#msg843036 date=1239450945]
[quote author=Pesam link=topic=32695.msg842293#msg842293 date=1239292018]

[/quote]

Couple missed the cut, not sure about the others
[/quote]

Furyk was 5 or 6 under after 2 rounds.

[quote author=Spionkop69 link=topic=32695.msg843282#msg843282 date=1239459277]

Furyk was 5 or 6 under after 2 rounds.
[/quote]

Furyk was 6 under after the first round, but dropped two shots in his second round so that he is 4 shots under par at the end of the second round.

Kaymer missed the cut too.

Fucking hell, Jim Furyk at 100's, thats a great bet,I would have been allover that if I'd seen it, he's normally well below 33's and when puts it together is as good as anyone bar Woods obviously

What a great start to the final round! It could be a long night!

Mickelson on the charge. Tiger putting some shots together. My money is on Cabrera.

[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=32695.msg843872#msg843872 date=1239567119]
Mickelson looking good

edit: oops
[/quote]

I'm thinking Campbell or Perry look good but there'll be more twists and turns before this is over. Don't rule out Tiger yet...

The end was pretty exciting with a sudden death playoff between Perry, Campbell and Cabrera.

Cabrera looked dead in the water on the first playoff hole (18th) when his drive ended up behind a big tree trunk. However he managed to scramble a par, and won it on the second playoff hole (10th) when Perry and Campbell both hit lousy second shots.

As the Americans dominated the leaderboard, it was nice to see an Argentinian win it.

I did OK with my betting as I had an each-way bet on Katayama who finished fourth. I also had a bet on Katayama to finish in the top 10. 🙂

[quote author=Spionkop69 link=topic=32695.msg843860#msg843860 date=1239564422]
What a great start to the final round! It could be a long night!

Mickelson on the charge. Tiger putting some shots together. My money is on Cabrera.[/quote]

That did me alright. A nifty at 4/1 in play on the final round sees me in profit for the second week on the golf. Although after Perry's shot at 16, I nearly switched off as I thought it was all over.

I'm not sure Tiger or Mickelson would have thrown that lead away.

As a non-golfer, it looked to me like, for all the charging that Phil did to put himself in with a great chance, he didn't half miss some very makable puts to actually win the bloody thing.

[quote author=Bob Loblaw link=topic=32695.msg843724#msg843724 date=1239544433]
Fucking hell, Jim Furyk at 100's, thats a great bet,I would have been allover that if I'd seen it, he's normally well below 33's and when puts it together is as good as anyone bar Woods obviously
[/quote]

Yeah it was a good call by my friend - all I wanted was an interest and at a good price - I certainly got a run for my money. As Portly said Couples was probably too old to have warranted a bet but having said that he is about the same age as Kenny Perry who should have won.

Back
Top Bottom