• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The midfield

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea imo if he wasn’t injured he would barely have kicked a ball anyway. An age to get him up to speed and fit only to find out he wasn’t suitable anyway.

4 fucking million pounds and the wages, someone should be getting fired for even suggesting we sign him.

Our scouts have definitely been working hard to find players who can replicate the contributions of Ox and Naby - bang on with Arthur.

That's it. I think you have cracked the mystery of why we bought Arthur. Klopp must have said, "Find me someone similar to Ox and Naby" and our scouts delivered. Simple, miscommunication, that's all.

That's it. I think you have cracked the mystery of why we bought Arthur. Klopp must have said, "Find me someone similar to Ox and Naby" and our scouts delivered. Simple, miscommunication, that's all.

This is all because City finally changed the password in their scouting database - no wonder Edwards left & retired before he was found out - the fraud!!!!

I honestly thought we would get 5 games out of him. Just hope there is not clause which means we have to keep him pass Jan.

Jesus H - It's Aquilani all over again - this symbolizes how badly the FSG people have misjudged the situation. They needed to invest, instead they tried to coast.

Apart from the 4.5m euros we paid Juve we can’t afford to.
So far the transfer supremo has signed an injured RB and CM, his luck needs to improve or we may have to make an offer that can’t refused to the old supremo who’s still available.
Insurance?

Insurance?

Let’s hope it’s covered in the terms and our new supremo was all over it.
Regardless, now we basically have no cover to our starter midfield and it’s as we were at the end of May while we wait for a chosen one to be signed.
October and Nov is a long time. We have shown how to throw away a season before it even started.

Last edited:
Barnes:
[article]Liverpool legend John Barnes has rejected criticism of Trent Alexander-Arnold as their form slump continues.

The Reds' poor start to the season continued on Sunday when they were beaten 3-2 by Arsenal . Despite goals from Darwin Nunez and Roberto Firmino, an early Gabriel Martinelli strike and a Bukayo Saka brace handed the Reds a defeat in the capital.

“Liverpool and their defenders have played in a particular way the last four years with Mane, Firmino and Salah," Barnes told BonusCodeBets.

“The three midfield players are three hard working individual players. Now with Thiago and Harvey Elliot and people like that, the midfield isn't as defensively strong which means that they can't defend the back four and Trent as much as they used to.

“Trent is still coming forward, he's never been in a team for his defensive qualities but it's more to do with the fact that I don't believe the midfield is strong enough to protect the back four. Which is why teams are now getting to Liverpool.

“It's not Trent's problem because it was the way that he formulated a strategy to play with Trent as an attack in midfield but expect others to defend.

“It's not that the team and Trent has changed, they're just going through a few teething problems. I don't see Trent as an issue in that team, he'll sort it out."[/article]

Untitled2.jpg

Last edited:
Barnes:
[article]Liverpool legend John Barnes has rejected criticism of Trent Alexander-Arnold as their form slump continues.

The Reds' poor start to the season continued on Sunday when they were beaten 3-2 by Arsenal . Despite goals from Darwin Nunez and Roberto Firmino, an early Gabriel Martinelli strike and a Bukayo Saka brace handed the Reds a defeat in the capital.

“Liverpool and their defenders have played in a particular way the last four years with Mane, Firmino and Salah," Barnes told BonusCodeBets.

“The three midfield players are three hard working individual players. Now with Thiago and Harvey Elliot and people like that, the midfield isn't as defensively strong which means that they can't defend the back four and Trent as much as they used to.

“Trent is still coming forward, he's never been in a team for his defensive qualities but it's more to do with the fact that I don't believe the midfield is strong enough to protect the back four. Which is why teams are now getting to Liverpool.

“It's not Trent's problem because it was the way that he formulated a strategy to play with Trent as an attack in midfield but expect others to defend.

“It's not that the team and Trent has changed, they're just going through a few teething problems. I don't see Trent as an issue in that team, he'll sort it out."[/article]
JB can say what he likes, and there is likely more than an element of truth there ... however none of that explains just how bloody brainless he's been, how idle, how easy to get skinned, why he fails to track runners and why he seems to lack any positional sense whatsoever.

If he was doing those things when he IS in a defensive position then maybe being caught of it out occasionally would be more acceptable.

Night and Day difference to our midfield when he and Carvalho went off. Jones & Fabs were simply not at the races.

I thought Jones did quite well when he came on, considering the lack of match fitness. Certainly did as well as carvalho, who (for me) seemed to keep finding blind alleys or losing possession cheaply.

Fabinho however is becoming a huge concern for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom