• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Poll The title has NOT gone. Do you still believe?

Prefix for Poll Threads

Do you still believe we will win the league

• Yes, I believe. We are mentality monsters

Votes: 28 43.8%
  • I want to believe but I think we may be fucked

Votes: 25 39.1%
  • No, Arsenal and City will fight it out between themselves

Votes: 11 17.2%

• Total voters
Elliott came on and made a huge difference again, but still finds himself on the bench most games, it's frustrating

He does better in this scenario mate - where he can play against players who are tired ...
I don't think I can remember him being as impressive as a starter than as a sub ... HOpefully in time that will change.

. Regardless of our progress, which has been excellent, we'd have won a lot more trophies if we hadn't acted so fucking amateurish when it comes to controlling games and defending.

It's been a running theme throughout klopps tenure. I've said it numerous times that I wish we did a bit of gamesmanship. Take the heat out of a game with a little fake injury for a minute, slow down the game with a slow throw in, take.it to the corner in the 90th minute. These can be twatty, but also help control a game. We don't always need to be 90mph

It's been a running theme throughout klopps tenure. I've said it numerous times that I wish we did a bit of gamesmanship. Take the heat out of a game with a little fake injury for a minute, slow down the game with a slow throw in, take.it to the corner in the 90th minute. These can be twatty, but also help control a game. We don't always need to be 90mph

Don’t agree it’s been a running theme in Klopp’s tenure. Our title winning team didn’t make as many unforced errors as we are now. We had experienced heads like Milly doing exactly as you said.

It’s related to the maturity of the team and this current team is very immature when it comes down to it

One opinion that I heard recently was that the wanting to win it for Klopp is that the team is playing more in an emotional manner which is affecting their concentration and decision-making. This kinda makes sense to me. At the moment the only players that have experience of a successful title run-in are Salah, Gomez, Robertson and VVD. There might be a psychological edge to what is happening. Klopp and team need to find a way to manage this in the remaining games.

Last edited:
Don’t agree it’s been a running theme in Klopp’s tenure. Our title winning team didn’t make as many unforced errors as we are now. We had experienced heads like Milly doing exactly as you said.

It’s related to the maturity of the team and this current team is very immature when it comes down to it
It's Millie doing it but is he doing it because he's instructed to, or not. Surely klopp can't be actively telling them to do it, as we never do it, even with the lions share of possession.

We can't play every game needing heroics in the last 10mins.

Sheffield Utd have pretty much been spanked by all and sundry this year and we couldn't quite get it together against them. Utd were BEGGING for a hammering and we couldn't quite get it together to oblige.

I think, at times, we misrepresent what "mentality monsters" actually means... it means not constantly getting yourself into stupid fucking positions that require "never giving up".

Agreed. Our attackers know they will get 20 chances a game and don’t appear to take shots like it might be the only one they have. You can just sense a lack of clinically. Some obvious notes on the forum will say “but look how many we’ve scored”. I say look at how many we’ve missed.

We haven’t approached any single big game this season with a desire and intensity to kill our opponent. Draws left right and centre.

Of course we did. We switched off, they scored 1, and then we let them play and they scored a second.

Onana was barely tested when we went behind. Thank CHRIST Harvey acted like a forward and actually ran in to the box with a ball
Quansah did brilliantly for that bit of play as did Mo.

From memory after drawing away to Utd we handed the upper hand to city and they rattled off 7 wins a row. Feels similar now.

City beat Sheffield 2-0 at home and needed an 88th min winner to beat them away 2-1. How many times do you think City and Arsenal have salvaged games in the last 10 mins? Arsenal needed it twice against Brentford, it's what the signs of champions do.....fight till the death and find a way.

We did better against them than they did. The goal we conceded was shambolic defending and the types you just cannot afford to give up if you want to win trophies.

I think right now people don't want nuance. They just want to vent.

We're a great team with some weaknesses, just like the other two. If I had to bet on one of us, it would still be us. But between City and Arsenal, then yeah probably odds are that one of them will win it. I'd say it's something like 40% us, 35% Arsenal and 25% City.

Before the Utd game I'd have said we were closer to 50%.

From memory after drawing away to Utd we handed the upper hand to city and they rattled off 7 wins a row. Feels similar now.

I've always quietly thought that we did bottle it that year. It's harsh cos we still got like 98 points or something crazy, but virtually the only times that entire season we dropped points were when we were clear of City. We went 7 clear twice, and the second time we drew about 4 games in a couple of months. Yeah, that's bottling it really, isn't it?

Like I said yesterday, I suspect that frenzied style is partly why we've always missed so many chances. Too often the players just aren't in a composed frame of mind. We've always created shit loads of chances and good openings but how often do we really batter teams? There's got to be more to it than just bad finishing.

Quansah didn't cost us the match, the missed chances did. We should have been well out of sight by then, it's not someones rhetoric at all. If you don't put chances away and put a decent margin between you and the opposition, there's always a danger they will get a chance and take it. It was also a great finish and Kelleher was way off his line. I'd argue if Alisson had played it wouldn't have happened but we can all do ifs and buts, we choked completely because two or three of our forwards just aren't good enough, because Szobo once again flattered to deceive. Elliott came on and made a huge difference again, but still finds himself on the bench most games, it's frustrating. If you want to talk rhetorical stuff, lets talk about why Szobo has been wank for months but still walks into the team. Let's talk about why we still play a stupidly naive fucking high line.

We choked, again. Like we were very close to choking against Brighton, Forest and Sheff United, like we choked against United in the cup. Like we'll choke again before the end of the season. Regardless of our progress, which has been excellent, we'd have won a lot more trophies if we hadn't acted so fucking amateurish when it comes to controlling games and defending.
Saying we choked is rhetoric. Being not good enough isn't choking. You say we choked against Sheff and Brighton - when we won both games coming from behind (which we've had a tendency to do all season - maybe we were choking from the first few games of the season too) ? Is that choking? Did Salah choke? Like when he cooly put the penalty away? But still he missed a great opportunity. Did Diaz choke when he blazed over? Well he scored with 50% of his shots, well better than the 1:5 average for strikers, but it was still a bad miss.

What is winning 27 points from losing positions then? Choking? You and I must have a completely different take on what constitutes 'choking'.

We can blame it on poor finishing (in part I do but that's no different to many other matches - as you've said yourself), despite being the top scorers in Europe, and we can blame it on the Quansah error too (I definitely do) because at that moment in the match we were in complete control, thereafter they had belief.
I love Quansah - and he's going to be a star - but that error turned the match (and a lot of the media agree) and you can't absolve him by saying we had enough chances to win (we did), that doesn't negate the effect that error had on the match and finally on the scoreline.

Oh and Ali wouldn't have saved it either, he would have been well off his line (outside the box) too. Kelleher was lucky he didn't get a hand to it or it would have been Red !

Saying we choked is rhetoric. Being not good enough isn't choking. You say we choked against Sheff and Brighton - when we won both games coming from behind (which we've had a tendency to do all season - maybe we were choking from the first few games of the season too) ? Is that choking? Did Salah choke? Like when he cooly put the penalty away? But still he missed a great opportunity. Did Diaz choke when he blazed over? Well he scored with 50% of his shots, well better than the 1:5 average for strikers, but it was still a bad miss.

What is winning 27 points from losing positions then? Choking? You and I must have a completely different take on what constitutes 'choking'.

We can blame it on poor finishing (in part I do but that's no different to many other matches - as you've said yourself), despite being the top scorers in Europe, and we can blame it on the Quansah error too (I definitely do) because at that moment in the match we were in complete control, thereafter they had belief.
I've loved Quansah - and he's going to be a star - but that error turned the match (and a lot of the media agree) and you can't absolve him by saying we had enough chances to win (we did), that doesn't negate the effect that error had on the match and finally on the scoreline.

Oh and Ali wouldn't have saved it either, he would have been well off his line (outside the box) too. Kelleher was lucky he didn't get a hand to it or it would have been Red !

Choking is doing the hard work to get 15 big chances, fluffing the majority of them and then making unforced errors at the other end. We choked this game, undeniable. Couldn't handle the pressure.

Choking is doing the hard work to get 15 big chances, fluffing the majority of them and then making unforced errors at the other end. We choked this game, undeniable. Couldn't handle the pressure.
Frankly that's rubbish. Quansah wasn't under any pressure at all, he just didn't look (he is a little over-confident at times). And not scoring more from those efforts (xG 3.92) can't be put down to choking because it's something we've done all season - we need a ton of chances to score. We have very poor stats in that regard despite how many we do score. We simply aren't a team that finishes off enough of the chances we create - and that's a recurring theme.

Frankly that's rubbish. Quansah wasn't under any pressure at all, he just didn't look (he is a little over-confident at times). And not scoring more from those efforts can't be put down to choking because it's something we've done all season - we need a ton of chances to score. We simply aren't a team that finishes off enough of the chances we create - and that's a recurring theme.

That is what an unforced error is, so you are agreeing with that point.

I love Quansah - and he's going to be a star - but that error turned the match (and a lot of the media agree) and you can't absolve him by saying we had enough chances to win (we did), that doesn't negate the effect that error had on the match and finally on the scoreline.

The biggest single thing that Klopp's done to piss me off recently was playing Konate in that game where we beat Sparta Prague about 10 nil.

He got injured for the City game and is still struggling for fitness now. He should've been playing in these big games. I just can't get my head round how fucking unbelievably stupid it was risking him in a game like that.

The biggest single thing that Klopp's done to piss me off recently was playing Konate in that game where we beat Sparta Prague about 10 nil.

He got injured for the City game and is still struggling for fitness now. He should've been playing in these big games. I just can't get my head round how fucking unbelievably stupid it was risking him in a game like that.
Not the first time. Klopp has a mental block at times playing teams that look far too strong for the opposition.

Could be. It's showing a lack of mentality to concentrate for 90+ minutes

Doing it consistently is definitely choking
A lack of concentration isn't choking, though it's a mental deficiency.

Choking is nerves on big occasions or at big moments. Being unable to perform at critical moments when empirically it's not an issue.

Maybe I'm just being anal.

Oh are all unforced errors 'choking' now?

I said missing chances combined with making unforced errors is. You countered by saying Quansah wasn’t under pressure, which is my point.

We choked against United. The occasion might be the biggest of the run in but the fixture an opponent wasn’t, they let us make chance after chance and we missed and missed and missed. We were lucky to win a penalty to get a point in the end.

Think that's a bit OTT. Trent Jones and Jota all been out for a month or two, no reason they can't come back in pretty quickly. That would still leave 4 or 5 crucial games they can start in.

Jota has a history of taking time to get up to speed coming back from injuries.

I said missing chances combined with making unforced errors is. You countered by saying Quansah wasn’t under pressure, which is my point.

We choked against United. The occasion might be the biggest of the run in but the fixture an opponent wasn’t, they let us make chance after chance and we missed and missed and missed. We were lucky to win a penalty to get a point in the end.

There's no evidence the team choked. They missed a shit load of chances which is what we generally do.

Did Quansah specifically choke? Maybe. Not sure, could just be a coincidence.

He repeated this mistake by playing Konate against Sheffield at home, apparently he got a knock after contesting for a header in that game and that’s why he didn’t play vs United. This arguably didn’t cost us vs City as Quansah played as well as Konate could have played in that game, but it did cost us yesterday. Sometimes Klopp doesn’t learn.

He repeated this mistake by playing Konate against Sheffield at home, apparently he got a knock after contesting for a header in that game and that’s why he didn’t play vs United. This arguably didn’t cost us vs City as Quansah played as well as Konate could have played in that game, but it did cost us yesterday. Sometimes Klopp doesn’t learn.
I won't go so far as to blame anyone specifically, whether it's Klopp or Quansah.
Collectively we KNOW we can and we should win, but we didn't. That's about it.
It's the nature of the squad unfortunately, you take the good with the bad.

I just feel deflated that we always make things difficult for ourselves tilll the point of no return.
This kind of feels like that point.

I won't go so far as to blame anyone specifically, whether it's Klopp or Quansah.
Collectively we KNOW we can and we should win, but we didn't. That's about it.
It's the nature of the squad unfortunately, you take the good with the bad.

I just feel deflated that we always make things difficult for ourselves tilll the point of no return.
This kind of feels like that point.

Nah man, point of no return is when the league is in someone else's hands. Still in our hands. This team will go on and score a hatful.

Back
Top Bottom