• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Thiagone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
To keep quoting 6-7 is a little disingenuous mate.

Milner - on his last legs would have been little to no use to us this season.
Keita - hardly played last season and would have continued his impressive injury run.
Hendo - legs gone, could hardly make a tackle last season. Would have been a full time sub.
Ox - who? Did he play for us?
Carvalho - bit part squad player won't be missed.
Thiago - still here still class will still only play 50% of games but valuable to have on the bench.
Fabs - would have been a starter but if we buy Lavia that's OK (for me). If we were (dream) to get Caiceido then that's an upgrade.

So to my mind we've lost 1 starter, 1 squad player and 3 non-entities as far as actual contribution is concerned.

MacAli, Szobo, Lavia (or +1), Jones, Badger, Elliott (if he stays as a sub), Clark, Morton McConnell (whoever of those 3 stay in the squad) more than cover the loss TBH.

I can’t even remember the context of what you’ve quoted there but surely the point is that we should’ve moved for midfielders last summer for many reasons. We’d probably be in the champions league if we did, we’d have less work to do now also.

I can’t even remember the context of what you’ve quoted there but surely the point is that we should’ve moved for midfielders last summer for many reasons. We’d probably be in the champions league if we did, we’d have less work to do now also.

We should - but we spent all our money on Nunez instead.

I’m fine with selling Thiago is we bring in another midfielder in addition to a DM.

Thuram is probably the obvious choice.

Fuck that. He’s still a very very very good player for 15-20 games a season and we don’t have many of those atm.

I wouldn't sell him either.

Although there is obvious logic in selling a player who is injured most of the time, and then buying a replacement who isn't injured most of the time, with only a few weeks left of the window and given the snail's pace we at least appear to be operating at in terms of transfers, I am not confident that a replacement would be forthcoming.

We may as well stick with him and just accept his limitations. At least he's a great player when he does play.

I think I’d sell if only to avoid a gazillion posts in approximately 11 months from now, on why we didn’t sell him earlier and instead let him run down his contract and leave on a free.

I think I’d sell if only to avoid a gazillion posts in approximately 11 months from now, on why we didn’t sell him earlier and instead let him run down his contract and leave on a free.

I'm confident that people will have moved onto moaning about other players by then.

I'm confident that people will have moved onto moaning about other players by then.

I’d say “included” rather than “moved onto”.

We’re still getting people moaning about Gini leaving on a free.

If a offer comes in for Thiago, I think he is gone. I can't see the club turning down £12m and him turning down $700k a week.

Even if reports have stated he's not interested right now? He'll be well aware what players heading out there are on, plus it's almost certain that a Saudi club will be in for him in the summer for nothing and that'll be playing on the back of his mind....so instead of that £12m coming to us, goes straight into his account.

To keep quoting 6-7 is a little disingenuous mate.

Milner - on his last legs would have been little to no use to us this season.
Keita - hardly played last season and would have continued his impressive injury run.
Hendo - legs gone, could hardly make a tackle last season. Would have been a full time sub.
Ox - who? Did he play for us?
Carvalho - bit part squad player won't be missed.
Thiago - still here still class will still only play 50% of games but valuable to have on the bench.
Fabs - would have been a starter but if we buy Lavia that's OK (for me). If we were (dream) to get Caiceido then that's an upgrade.

So to my mind we've lost 1 starter, 1 squad player and 3 non-entities as far as actual contribution is concerned.

MacAli, Szobo, Lavia (or +1), Jones, Badger, Elliott (if he stays as a sub), Clark, Morton McConnell (whoever of those 3 stay in the squad) more than cover the loss TBH.
Yeah - but you've missed the 13 minutes of Arthur that we also let go

Yes I agree. But I was commenting on your comment that we've lost 6-7 midfielders and only brought 2 in (so far). ;)

If a offer comes in for Thiago, I think he is gone. I can't see the club turning down £12m and him turning down $700k a week.

I agree, considering that the club has only spent 51.3M Euros on transfer (112m Euros spent on players in and 60.70 m Euros on players out)
does that not leave us with a 237.41 Euros from the £250m that was promised by FSG this summer?...

Jude Bellingham paid 103m euros + add ons would have still had 134m Euros had FSG not done a Brois and lied all the way to the bank

[xtable]
{thead}
{tr}
{th}Player{/th}
{th}Age{/th}
{th}Nat.{/th}
{th}Joined{/th}
{th}Fee{/th}
{/tr}
{/thead}
{tfoot}
{tr}