• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Thiagone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe we just forgot he was still around tbh, easily done.
Dom Portwood : So, uh, Nat has been let go?
Bob Slydell : Well, just a second there, professor. We, uh, we fixed the *glitch*. So he won't be receiving a paycheck anymore, so it'll just work itself out naturally.

Think I read they've finally understood that they can't just buy names for exhorbitant fees and expect to win so will try to "build the right way".
Yes, but he’d thrive in that league with those players around them, so for 10m plus wages it might work for them.

With Thiago, I also think that any side nurturing young midfielders through (like us with Badger) should place a high value on Thiago’s capacity to mentor and impart unique awareness to those with potential.

With that in mind plus the likely 15-20 top performances he’ll provide, I’d rather keep him at Anfield this year.

Yes, but he’d thrive in that league with those players around them, so for 10m plus wages it might work for them.

With Thiago, I also think that any side nurturing young midfielders through (like us with Badger) should place a high value on Thiago’s capacity to mentor and impart unique awareness to those with potential.

With that in mind plus the likely 15-20 top performances he’ll provide, I’d rather keep him at Anfield this year.
Yep of the three I'd let Hendo go first then Thiago and Fabs last ... but it seems £40m is too much to resist. I'd be surprised if Hendo doesn't go now too (too much water under that bridge).
Unless Thiago has a confirmed offer from Barca / PSG I'd think he'd be happy to stay on a season.

From wondering who the fuck can we sell, now we stand to lose 4 players (Nats, Hendo, Fabs and Thiago) for upto £75m.

I mean we all wanted change, but selling Milner, Hendo, Fabs and Thiago means you lose the brain no? Surely keep one.

Yep, a footballing brain.

They must keep it locked up somewhere, shame we never get to see in full functioning fashion for example when you're 1 down to championship sides yet they brain is still telling them it's acceptable to play without urgency.

They must keep it locked up somewhere, shame we never get to see in full functioning fashion for example when you're 1 down to championship sides yet they brain is still telling them it's acceptable to play without urgency.
Alonso? Mascher? Gerrard? Suarez? Trent? Even Salah?

So you are just randomly associating every player with ability and was coached to use that ability to the best they could had a "footballing brain"?
They were all clever with the ball and tactically astute, how else would you define football intelligence?

They were all clever with the ball and tactically astute, how else would you define football intelligence?

Game management.

Knowing what to do when you're 1-0 up, when you're 1-0 down. When to go for the kill, when to take the foot off the gas and take the steam out the game. Knowing when to take one for the team. Decision making. Knowing what moves to make and when for your career. Stuff like that really.

Game management.

Knowing what to do when you're 1-0 up, when you're 1-0 down. When to go for the kill, when to take the foot off the gas and take the steam out the game. Knowing when to take one for the team. Decision making. Knowing what moves to make and when for your career. Stuff like that really.

I'd agree with this. It's why I don't think Gerrard was particularly intelligent, rather he just had innate gifts.

I remember seeing Gazza doing some punditry with ITV years ago. It's possible that he was under the influence or just struggling to express himself, but I remember thinking "this guy knows nothing about football". And yet, with the ball at his feet and his head in the right space, he was a footballing genius.
I think with some players it's mostly instinctive, or else those with more limited intelligence can follow general instructions and work the rest out for themselves from experience / training drills. They might not be able to explain it to the cameras afterwards, but in that moment they know what they were doing.

I'd agree with this. It's why I don't think Gerrard was particularly intelligent, rather he just had innate gifts.

I knew that move to Villa would come back and bite him.

Chose to think with his dick over his head.

I knew that move to Villa would come back and bite him.

Chose to think with his dick over his head.

Oh I'm thinking playing days. There were a few games where he went full Stevie Me, much to our detriment. Cunts thick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom