• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Thiagone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I'm thinking playing days. There were a few games where he went full Stevie Me, much to our detriment. Cunts thick

They all are.

Especially when you're getting thousand a week and all you need to do is be an extremely gifted player.

[article]
LIV.png

Liverpool

Premier League • England
Official Club Website
www.liverpoolfc.com
OverviewNews

FixturesResultsSquadStatsTable
Klopp devastated as Thiago decides to leave Liverpool and three options emerge for La Liga return

Samuel Bannister 2 hours ago

Thiago Alcantara playing for Liverpool
Thiago Alcantara has decided to end his Liverpool career one year ahead of schedule and is holding out for one of three La Liga clubs to make him an offer, a report has claimed.
Liverpool have already said goodbye to James Milner, Naby Keita and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain from their midfield this summer. All three players were released when their contracts expired at the end of last season.
At the same time, Arthur Melo was sent back to Juventus after a forgettable loan spell. Since then, another player to vacate Liverpool’s midfield has been Fabio Carvalho, who has gone to RB Leipzig on loan.
The next two midfielders to leave Liverpool could be Jordan Henderson and Fabinho, who are in line to join Saudi sides Al Ettifaq and Al Ittihad respectively.
And another bombshell update has just dropped on Jurgen Klopp, with the Liverpool manager learning via Diario Sport that Thiago wants out too.
The Spain international is into the final year of his contract with Liverpool, who have never really seen the best version of him since his arrival from Bayern Munich in 2020 because of injury issues.
According to Sport, Klopp still rates Thiago highly. However, the 32-year-old seems ready to turn his back on his manager amid concerns about his role in the new-look Liverpool midfield.
Liverpool have already added Alexis Mac Allister and Dominik Szoboszlai to their squad and will likely target at least one more midfielder once Fabinho and Henderson have gone.

Concerned about a potential lack of playing time, Thiago has come to the realisation that it could be in his best interests to leave Liverpool.
Like Fabinho and Henderson, he has attracted interest from Saudi Arabia. His preference, instead of a move to the Middle East, would be to go back to La Liga.
Barcelona dream disintegrates but Thiago hopes for La Liga return

Thiago previously came through the academy ranks at Barcelona before becoming a first-team figure there. He had been hoping their release of Sergio Busquets might open up a return for him, but Barcelona have brought Oriol Romeu back instead from Girona.
Therefore, if Thiago is to embark upon a second spell in the Spanish top flight, he will have to wait to see if Real Sociedad, Celta de Vigo or Sevilla firm up their interest.

By joining Real Sociedad or Sevilla, he could compete in the Champions League next season, unlike Europa League outfit Liverpool. Celta, in contrast, do not have any European football on offer.
Coincidentally, the Vigo side’s main midfield talent, Gabri Veiga, has been linked with Liverpool, among plenty of other clubs.
Another suitor for Thiago would be Galatasaray, but he has put the idea of moving to Turkey on hold while waiting to see if he can join one of his three Spanish suitors.

Either way, staying at Liverpool seems increasingly unlikely. As the report reflects, the club have not yet spoken to Thiago about the prospect of a new contract at Anfield.
Therefore, this summer might be their last chance to cash in on their number six. Alternatively, if no appropriate offer arrives, they could keep him in their squad for one last season before allowing him to leave for free.
But Thiago seems to be determined to revive his fortunes, which might mean leaving Liverpool after 97 appearances.

[/article]

He's posted on his twitter today that he's back in training.......anyway no big loss, pay us the £10m we want Barca and he's yours.

Can't stay fit enough to show his class for us for long enough, that's no good to us. All the best to him.

Last edited:
Talk about scorching the earth. All three midfielders are gone. At least our avg squad age is going down

Talk about scorching the earth. All three midfielders are gone. At least our avg squad age is going down

Plus Keita, Ox and Milner - basically our entire senior midfield from last season.

Klopp’s infamous quote one year later:
[article]“So, Fabinho, Henderson, Thiago, Milner, Keita, Curtis Jones, Harvey Elliott, Fabio Carvalho, Oxlade-Chamberlain. Now you tell me what kind of player are we missing?[/article]

Last edited:
Shows you how wrong the club got it last year.

Getting money for these guys is great but 6/7 out and 2 in is a bit of a problem, especially when we’re doing it the wrong way round. Everyone knows we need midfielders now and roughly what we can afford.

Getting money for these guys is great but 6/7 out and 2 in is a bit of a problem, especially when we’re doing it the wrong way round. Everyone knows we need midfielders now and roughly what we can afford.

If only the window was still open for 5 weeks more so we address that very issue…..reeeeeeeeeelaaaaaaax Markeh me son.

If only the window was still open for 5 weeks more so we address that very issue…..reeeeeeeeeelaaaaaaax Markeh me son.

I kind of expect Lavia or someone next week. But what’s in the tank after that who knows.

If that's true we should be biting their hands off for it.

If someone would've said in May we should look to get rid of Fab Hendo and Thiago for £65m, you'd have been laughed at and told "there's no way you'd even get half that for them"

I was fine with Thiago going when hendo and fab weren't. Now they've gone, and our heels dragging like an anchor on signing anyone else, I'd rather not let him go

I've read Thiago has knocked back Saudi interest all summer, so it would be surprising if that changed now.

For the sake of £12m I'd probably hold onto him in the context of Hendo and Fabs leaving. Some continuity is important and the medical team value the company.

To keep quoting 6-7 is a little disingenuous mate.

Milner - on his last legs would have been little to no use to us this season.
Keita - hardly played last season and would have continued his impressive injury run.
Hendo - legs gone, could hardly make a tackle last season. Would have been a full time sub.
Ox - who? Did he play for us?
Carvalho - bit part squad player won't be missed.
Thiago - still here still class will still only play 50% of games but valuable to have on the bench.
Fabs - would have been a starter but if we buy Lavia that's OK (for me). If we were (dream) to get Caiceido then that's an upgrade.

So to my mind we've lost 1 starter, 1 squad player and 3 non-entities as far as actual contribution is concerned.

MacAli, Szobo, Lavia (or +1), Jones, Badger, Elliott (if he stays as a sub), Clark, Morton McConnell (whoever of those 3 stay in the squad) more than cover the loss TBH.

We are let down by our own failure in recruitment to be honest.

I would sell him if we are anywhere near competent in getting new players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom