• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Title Race

So,

Chelsea H
Arsenal A
Burnley H
Brentford A
Luton H
Forest A

Takes us to early March.

If we can get four points from Chelsea and Arsenal then we are well placed to increase the lead at the top before we play City. This This would make a defeat there not the end of the world, but we have to be ruthless and dispatch the weaker sides before.

For some reason I'd wager we have a better chance at winning at the Emirates then beating Chelsea. We always have some mental block against them.
Win every game I say. At our best we can beat all of them.

6 points minimum we need from our next two games. Otherwise we let give city a way back in.. they..
They have a game in hand. They will win their next two games for sure..

So,

Chelsea H
Arsenal A
Burnley H
Brentford A
Luton H
Forest A

Takes us to early March.

If we can get four points from Chelsea and Arsenal then we are well placed to increase the lead at the top before we play City. This This would make a defeat there not the end of the world, but we have to be ruthless and dispatch the weaker sides before.

For some reason I'd wager we have a better chance at winning at the Emirates then beating Chelsea. We always have some mental block against them.

City at Anfield - I’d be disappointed if we lost to them there - a draw is probably likely.

Arsenal is going to be difficult - a draw would be a good result.

We need to win all of the other games, particularly Chelsea.

So,

Chelsea H
Arsenal A
Burnley H
Brentford A
Luton H
Forest A

Takes us to early March.

We'll beat Chelsea. And note that we are at HOME to City not away ;) A win vs City would be icing, just don't lose.

I also find it weird many commentators feel Arsenal should beat us at the Emirates - this after we just won there quite comfortably in the end and that was almost a full strength Arsenal whilst we were without Mo, Jota, VvD, Szobo and Endo.

Last edited:
Da cunts play pub teams whilst we have
Chelsea and Arsenal
You do know a season is played over 38 games right? It doesn't matter if for a few weeks we have a stretch of tough games (all won so far) and they play gimmes.
Look at our fixture list from after Arsenal until the end of the season. Our toughest games are (obviously City at home but that's even tougher for them), home to Spurs and arguably away at United and Everton. We'll be odds on favourites for every other game home or away.

City on the other hand : Chelsea (H), United (H), Liverpool (A), Arsenal (H), Villa (H) and Spurs (A). Most at home admittedly but they'll also be in the throes of midweek games in the CL, infinitely more difficult than our EL games. You would have to bet that they'll drop points / lose in a game or three there. I mean they've lost 3 games already this season - they are far from undefeatable.

They have their tough spell to come whilst after this we have played most already. We are in a great place to win it.

So,

Chelsea H
Arsenal A
Burnley H
Brentford A
Luton H
Forest A

Takes us to early March.

Chelsea seem in such disarray this year, I'm hopeful we can beat them. Arguably the reasons we didn't first game of the season were 1)away 2)new midfield,3) they should have had a red, 4) we should have had a pen. We seem a lot more composed now, whereas they are still struggling (although their recent form I feel is a lie).

Away to Emirates could go either way, but they're not in great for either. They're looking laboured and a majority of their attack just doesn't seem right at the moment.

We're more likely to drop points to fucking Brentford and forest than Chelsea and arsenal.

City at Anfield - I’d be disappointed if we lost to them there - a draw is probably likely.

Arsenal is going to be difficult - a draw would be a good result.

We need to win all of the other games, particularly Chelsea.
No one seems as good as last year thankfully, so providing we maintain our form (and jota stays fit), I'm confident for a lot of those games

We'll beat Chelsea. And note that we are at HOME to City not away ;) A win vs City would be icing, just don't lose.

I also find it weird many commentators feel Arsenal should beat us at the Emirates - this after we just won there quite comfortably in the end and that was almost a full strength Arsenal whilst we were without Mo, Jota, VvD, Szobo and Endo.
A lot of the commentators said they fancied us to slip up against Bournemouth. Lets hope the commentators keep up their streak!

17 games left, how many do we need to win? If we win 12, draw 3 and lose 2 (of the remaining 17), we would get 87pts

If we are top after the city game, we will win the league. I think we'll beat Chelsea and the Arsenal game could go either way. We need to be brave in that one, i'd take a draw but if we play properly we can win it comfortably.

I can't be the only one thinking, "win, win, tough one, win, win, oh God please".
I reckon there wasn't much money, once City had won the first five games of the season, on :

Newcastle 1-0 City
Wolves 2-1 City
Arsenal 1-0 City

or then on

Chelsea 4-4 City
City 1-1 Liverpool
City 3-3 Spurs

and then :

Villa 1-0 City
City 2-2 Palace

And since returning from the WCC it seems beating Everton, Sheff Utd, Huddersfield and Newcastle (a game they could have lost!) they are now invincible (according to some on here and most TV commentators).

Funny old game football.

I reckon there wasn't much money, once City had won the first five games of the season, on :

Newcastle 1-0 City
Wolves 2-1 City
Arsenal 1-0 City

or then on

Chelsea 4-4 City
City 1-1 Liverpool
City 3-3 Spurs

and then :

Villa 1-0 City
City 2-2 Palace

And since returning from the WCC it seems beating Everton, Sheff Utd, Huddersfield and Newcastle (a game they could have lost!) they are now invincible (according to some on here and most TV commentators).

Funny old game football.
Theyve got a healthy and well rested KDB now.

Tierney has been confirmed as ref for our game against Chelsea. There's a blank cheque for the Chavs to go for a leg breaker or two.

IMG-20240123-183951.jpg

And they lose with him too. He's not superman.
You sure?

Id rather just assume that theyre going on a mad run as they normally do, ideally to promote ourselves going on a mad run

LFC remaining fixtures:

A Arsenal
H Burnley
A Brentford
H Luton
A Nottm Forest
H Man City
A Everton
H Brighton
H Sheff Utd
A Man Utd
H Crystal Palace
A Fulham
A West Ham
H Tottenham
A Aston Villa
H Wolves

City remaining fixtures:

A Brentford
H Everton
H Chelsea
H Brentford
A Bournemouth
H Man Utd
A Liverpool
A Brighton
H Arsenal
H Aston Villa
A Crystal Palace
H Luton
A Tottenham
A Nottm Forest
H Wolves
A Fulham
H West Ham

Who has the toughest schedule?

Last edited:
Our away games are all rough aren't they.

Or maybe it's because I look at away games very different to how I did 5....10...15 years ago.

Back
Top Bottom